+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6,013

Re: 6,013

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is that true?

The last time fans were able to attend games, the crowds for the quarter finals of the EFL Cup were as follows:

17,342 - Middlesbrough v Burton Albion
    24,644 - Leicester v Manchester City
    40,432 - Chelsea v Bournemouth
    59,016 - Arsenal v Tottenham

Those attendances don't suggest to me that nobody gives a shit about the League Cup any more.

It's always been a competition that has sat below the league and the FA Cup in the pecking order for most fans, but I don't think things are any different in that respect to how they were ten or twenty years ago.
    Certainly by the time you reach the latter stages people care about it, over the years the early rounds seem to have become a little less important.

I'm sure that teams at this level never used to play so many reserves in the EFL games - some of the bigger premier league clubs yes, but that was it - but perhaps that is my poor memory.
    We even saw West Brom sending the reserves out against Arsenal the other day.

Is that true?

The last time fans were able to attend games, the crowds for the quarter finals of the EFL Cup were as follows:

Those attendances don't suggest to me that nobody gives a shit about the League Cup any more.

It's always been a competition that has sat below the league and the FA Cup in the pecking order for most fans, but I don't think things are any different in that respect to how they were ten or twenty years ago.
    Don’t some clubs include these games on their season tickets.
    May be the case with Boro as that crowd is exceptional in comparison to most similar fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Don’t some clubs include these games on their season tickets. May be the case with Boro as that crowd is exceptional in comparison to most similar fixtures
    You've lost me. You reckon 17,342 was exceptional for a League Cup quarter final? Middlesbrough had 21,985 for their last Championship home game before the cup tie (Blackburn) and 30,341 for their next Championship game (Sheffield Wednesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Certainly by the time you reach the latter stages people care about it, over the years the early rounds seem to have become a little less important.

I'm sure that teams at this level never used to play so many reserves in the EFL games - some of the bigger premier league clubs yes, but that was it - but perhaps that is my poor memory.
    We even saw West Brom sending the reserves out against Arsenal the other day.
    I think it picks up around the quarter finals, I don’t think it’s very interesting before that unless there’s an interesting tie like a local derby or something.

Irrespective of who we play this Cup doesn't just doesn't have the interest.

Id forgotten the League Cup used to be 2 legs. Remember losing 1 nil at home to the Jacks and turning it around winning 2 nil at their place. If I remember Boyle and Wheeler scoring.

Is that true?

Apologies Mr Rothmans, it was just a figure of speech. I didn't mean the entire competition is being held in totally empty stadiums.

So discussing attendances (which are a matter of fact) is "having a pop at the club and its fans"?

You're a very strange man, Stockholm. Distinctly odd. But credit to you, at least you've managed to post a couple of messages without mentioning Sam Hammam, AA or his message board. It makes a change.

Yes your just posting this thread as a dig even bringing Newport having a bigger crowd.
    You stopped supporting the club but hang around like a bad smell of shit.
    I will only mention the above when the club bashers make threads having a go at the club/owners for the very same things they kept quiet about under a previous owner.
    Hypocrites..
    Nevermind Sugar you have a sticky i bet you got the tissues or wank sock out

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Never mind Sugar you have a sticky i bet you got the tissues or wank sock out
    You are clearly a deeply disturbed individual. An extremely sad one, too. Very odd indeed. And thick as shit to boot.

I'd genuinely like to meet you, Stockholm. It would be interesting to see what someone who posts the kind of weird nonsense you post actually looks like. It would also be interesting to learn how old you are given the hopelessly juvenile nature of most of your contributions. Actual age I mean, as opposed to mental age.

You are clearly a deeply disturbed individual. An extremely sad one, too. Very odd indeed. And thick as shit to boot.

I'd genuinely like to meet you, Stockholm. It would be interesting to see what someone who posts the kind of weird nonsense you post actually looks like. It would also be interesting to learn how old you are given the hopelessly juvenile nature of most of your contributions. Actual age I mean, as opposed to mental age.
    Maybe you could say that about you pal the club basher and his obsession?
    Some fans are forever having a go at the current owner for things they didn't say a word about under a previous one.

You would like to meet me? Walesonline would probably turn up aswell because you like a bit of attention
    Now run along joking fan

You would like to meet me? Walesonline would probably turn up aswell.....
    Yes, I'd like to meet you for the reasons I've already mentioned. I doubt Walesonline would turn up, though. After all, I can't imagine you're especially photogenic.

Why do you continually post about AA and his message board on here? What's the point? Nobody else does, just you. It's very weird behaviour. If you're that bothered about him, why not post on his board? Or message him?

Yes, I'd like to meet you for the reasons I've already mentioned. I doubt Walesonline would turn up, though. After all, I can't imagine you're especially photogenic.

Why do you continually post about AA and his message board on here? What's the point? Nobody else does, just you. It's very weird behaviour. If you're that bothered about him, why not post on his board? Or message him?

Or i could just make a blog threatening messageboard wars and calling people names
    http://lonegunmanwatcher.blogspot.co...ne-gunman.html

I'll leave it at that i don't need to say anything else because there's nothing worse or as gringeworthy as that blogspot

Have a nice day

Or i could just make a blog threatening messageboard wars and calling people names

That blog is a spoof set up in 2011 by a West Ham fan in a bizarre attempt to intimidate me. It failed, so he gave up on it pretty quickly.

You'd have to be exceptionally dull to think it was set up by me. But it seems you fell for it.....

Gringeworthy?!?