+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oli Denham

Oli Denham

Where did he come from? What a find.

He was excellent when he came on. Hopefully will have more game time.

Re: Obi Denham

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

A galaxy far, far away

Was very impressed with Sam Bowen. Passed the ball well and didn’t look at all out of place. Always demanding the ball as well. He looks a player.
    Denham and D’Almeida did ok, they can be proud of their performances. Unlike some of the senior players.

It’s oli Denham
    Not Ono of Star Wars fame
    He came from Man Utd 👍

I didn't see the game but glad the youngsters come in did well.

How did Wintle do?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

He came from Man Utd under 18s so he has a good pedigree. Can play right back as well as a central defender which could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

How did Wintle do?
    I thought all the youngsters were excellent . Unfortunately they had an annoying habit of trying to pass to each other on the ground . I hope Mick knocks that out of them sooner rather than later.
    Brightons number 6 looked a top player , full of energy , up and down the pitch involved in anything good they did .

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

How did Wintle do?
    I didn't see the game, but looking at the average player positions it looks like Wintle was the deepest sitting of the midfielders.
    Seems to have contributed defensively as had the most tackles and won a few headers and made some interceptions.
    Didn't have the ball very much though.

Re: Oli Denham

Apologies Oli I hope I have managed to change the title to correct name

Yes I thought Denham did well when he came on, and he may have to play Saturday if Morrison is out as McGuinness and Brown are, I believe, still injured. he came from Man U start of last season, about the same time Sang came, to play in the U23s. I thought D'Almeida did very well at wing back considering he's a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes I thought Denham did well when he came on, and he may have to play Saturday if Morrison is out as McGuinness and Brown are, I believe, still injured. he came from Man U start of last season, about the same time Sang came, to play in the U23s. I thought D'Almeida did very well at wing back considering he's a midfielder.
    He worked really hard and tried things that didn't always come off but that'll improve. I loved his work rate and fitness. There were a few occasions when he left gaps that could have been exploited but reading TOBWs blog (or post I can't remember) he's never played in that position for us before. Made some great tackles and blocks. I like him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I thought all the youngsters were excellent . Unfortunately they had an annoying habit of trying to pass to each other on the ground . I hope Mick knocks that out of them sooner rather than later.
    Brightons number 6 looked a top player , full of energy , up and down the pitch involved in anything good they did .
    It was great to see, wasn't it? In fact, it was the first team players like Vaulks and Murphy I was disappointed with.

Their number 6 was Michal Karbownik. £3M Polish player bought with Moder (who I also really liked).

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It was great to see, wasn't it? In fact, it was the first team players like Vaulks and Murphy I was disappointed with.

Their number 6 was Michal Karbownik. £3M Polish player bought with Moder (who I also really liked).
    I can't think of a player who has frustrated me more than Murphy has. Clearly talented and from what I hear a nice lad - but just hasn't cut the mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I can't think of a player who has frustrated me more than Murphy has. Clearly talented and from what I hear a nice lad - but just hasn't cut the mustard.
    Has to be a motivational thing with Murphy, he's certainly graced with a few good ball skills, if its not that it's attitude or fitness ??

I’m absolutely willing Murphy to come good, there’s a player in there somewhere. Whether I get to witness it, who knows, I’m getting on now.

I thought *D’Almeida was the pick of the starters while Denham was excellent when he came on.

Not sure the players knew what system we were playing and midfield really struggled in the first half.

If Morrison is not fit for sat then be interesting to see who takes his place?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m absolutely willing Murphy to come good, there’s a player in there somewhere. Whether I get to witness it, who knows, I’m getting on now.
    I am the same, used to dislike people knocking him a while back but can understand that now the longer time goes on, got to be harder for him the longer this happens to come out with consistently good performances and can understand people not having the patience this far down the line, got to be hard as a pro player in this situation.

Agree there is definitely a good player in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    I thought *D’Almeida was the pick of the starters while Denham was excellent when he came on.

Not sure the players knew what system we were playing and midfield really struggled in the first half.

If Morrison is not fit for sat then be interesting to see who takes his place?
    I'd plump for pack due to experience and Bacuna in the middle, old favourites and trusted pros over any big changes. Shame really as a like for like swap would be a good shot for a younger player to have a go at first team football.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd plump for pack due to experience and Bacuna in the middle, old favourites and trusted pros over any big changes. Shame really as a like for like swap would be a good shot for a younger player to have a go at first team football.
    I agree. Goal Difference is going to be important to us this season (more so, I think, than usual) so we can't afford to take chances this early on.