+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: India 67-9!

India 67-9!

Well i didn't see that coming! Four wickets in six balls for England.

First Team

Re: India 67-9!

Let’s see the reply first before we get too carried away

Very much a case of never underestimate the capacity of England’s batting to collapse in even the best conditions.

That said, a remarkable bowling performance and enjoyable to watch such a nasty ( but superb) team get a turning over.

Anderson has 3 wickets for 6 runs - off 8 overs

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well i didn't see that coming! Four wickets in six balls for England.
    Still more than enough.

England will be all out by close. Their batting is behond hopeless. At least Sibley has been axed though.

England have started quickly too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Still more than enough.

England will be all out by close. Their batting is behond hopeless. At least Sibley has been axed though.
    It doesnt really work like that though does it.

India will be totally demoralised, Their bowlers will try too hard and it will leak runs. England despite being low on confidence will see that with every lucky four the totally get closer fast, and there is no pressure.

Even a bad batting performance should see them with a 100 lead.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It doesnt really work like that though does it.

India will be totally demoralised, Their bowlers will try too hard and it will leak runs. England despite being low on confidence will see that with every lucky four the totally get closer fast, and there is no pressure.

Even a bad batting performance should see them with a 100 lead.
    To be honest I wasnt being totally serious. But it still wouldnt suprise me if they were bowled out for a poor score India score a decent 2nd innings total and win.

The technique on some of our batsmen is embarrassing.

England will be all out by close. Their batting is beyond hopeless.
    No today, it seems.

Is our new Australian trade envoy Lord Botham behind this collapse

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No today, it seems.
    😂 I really hope Hameed can come good.

If the Ashes go ahead and England want to win then id be doing all I could to convince Cook out of retirement.

Only the 3rd time in Test History a side has bowled the opposition out on day 1 and ended the day with a lead and both openers not out.

A good days cricket. England just edging it at this point I reckon

Leeds is a graveyard for sides batting first. Anderson's opening spell was spot on, paved the way for the rest. What will they do when he retires?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Leeds is a graveyard for sides batting first. Anderson's opening spell was spot on, paved the way for the rest. What will they do when he retires?
    England have a plethora of quality pace bowlers at their disposal. Ollie Robinson and Saqiib Mahmood could easily be Broad and Anderson's long term replacements. Broad is missing from the rest the series, but also missing from this match are Wood, Archer and Woakes.

Just a shame they don't have the same depth in their batting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    England have a plethora of quality pace bowlers at their disposal. Ollie Robinson and Saqiib Mahmood could easily be Broad and Anderson's long term replacements. Broad is missing from the rest the series, but also missing from this match are Wood, Archer and Woakes.

Just a shame they don't have the same depth in their batting.
    Nobody you mentioned could 'easily' be Anderson and Broad in my opinion

😂 I really hope Hameed can come good.

If the Ashes go ahead and England want to win then id be doing all I could to convince Cook out of retirement.
    Hammed looked very good today good few boundaries for his 60 .

Trouble with so many of today's England is there lack of consistency test after test, results In us not establishing a strong front two .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Nobody you mentioned could 'easily' be Anderson and Broad in my opinion
    If replacing Broad and Anderson means finding a pair of bowlers who'll play 300 tests and take 1000+ test wickets between them, then no I dont think they will. If it means finding a reliable swing bowler, who can land it on a sixpence time after time, then I think Robinson could in time be that player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If replacing Broad and Anderson means finding a pair of bowlers who'll play 300 tests and take 1000+ test wickets between them, then no I dont think they will. If it means finding a reliable swing bowler, who can land it on a sixpence time after time, then I think Robinson could in time be that player.
    But everytime you don't think players are replaceable, sometimes someone comes along and does even better. Nobody would have thought Jimmy Anderson would have got the test wickets he has after a few tests. If I remember rightly, he wasn't thought of as a first choice bowler for quite a few years.

England do seem to have a lot of good medium fast bowlers which will always cause problems in home conditions.

Unfortunately the 3 fast bowlers Archer Wood and in particular Stone are always getting injured.

We dont have anyone close to being a world class test spin bowler and the batting is a major issue.

Yesterdays opening stand was the highest since Cook and Hameed in 2016.

Cook and Strauss definitely havent been replaced.

It's worth noting as well that Anderson was, comfortably, England's quickest bowler. A while ago, the talk was of going to Australia with Stone, Archer and Wood to hit them with pace - with two of those out of consideration and the third pretty injury prone, it is conceivable that, apart from, Mahmood, Anderson might be the quickest bowler England have this winter as well. Glenn McGrath proved that you can get wickets in tests in Australia bowling at speeds in the early eighties, but he was an exceptional player - for all that Robinson has done well so far, he's no McGrath yet.

Glenn Mcgrath is also a few inches taller than Anderson which gives an advantage in Australian wickets.

Chris Tremlett had a very successful series with the extra bounce he got and he didnt have great pace. So hopeful Robinson will be effective with his extra height.

Its a real disappointment the injuries to the fast bowlers. Wood needs protecting.

Im not convinced the series will go ahead anyway.

Glenn Mcgrath is also a few inches taller than Anderson which gives an advantage in Australian wickets.

Chris Tremlett had a very successful series with the extra bounce he got and he didnt have great pace. So hopeful Robinson will be effective with his extra height.

Its a real disappointment the injuries to the fast bowlers. Wood needs protecting.

Im not convinced the series will go ahead anyway.
    I see Boycott has spoken out saying the Ashes should be cancelled. Apparently Josh Buttler is undecided about going. I suspect he won't be the only one.

root seems to be trying to accelerate things here

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    root seems to be trying to accelerate things here
    just a bit. 54 of 59 balls. This is an amazing performance overall so far by England. Dominating everything.

Malan’s just edged one which didn’t carry to the keeper. Headingley is another of those pitches which often gets flatter as the game goes on - I reckon India can make England work really hard for second innings wickets if their heads are right.