+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Of course. I dont believe for 1 minute bluelewj is a City fan though.

Wouldnt suprise me if its one of Jirgas accounts.

No sign of him after Blackpool. Any negative threads hes prolific.
    You can believe what you want.

I'm just not a City fan that gets served $hit and says it smells of roses.

That was bad today.

I ask you, if you view that game today and somehow manage to convince yourself that it was good then are you a City fan?

As for negative threads it is a match thread.
    It is negative because the way City played makes it as such.

Put a positive spin on it if you don't like it then. What was good about that game and performance?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not at all.

Pointing out that we are devoid of ideas other than lumping the ball into the box isn't being glad we lost. It is there for everybody to see.

We have dropped 5 points against 15th placed Barnsley and 17th placed Bristol City (prior to their 3 points here). These teams coming and taking points off us at home are the average teams and lower mid table. If we keep losing to teams like that today then we'll be lower mid table or worse very quickly.

You were happy with that were you?
    Ignore him. Some fans can't take criticism of lord McCarthy and his hoof ball football.

I don't understand this 'only comment on the game if it is a positive comment or we won' line of thought.

That wasn't great today and we scored because of a big slice of fortune. We could have played until midnight and not scored from open play.

If I was to pick any positives at all I would struggle genuinely. That starting 11 was average to bad from front to back, not forgetting playing some on their wrong side. Biggest positive was probably Colwill coming on and looking like he wanted to actually be there and do something.
    Colwill coming on embarrasses the skill of some of our players, he looks composed and has time on the ball, even creates time under pressure by shielding the ball or erm..contorting his body to twist and turn our of trouble. Established players should be more comfortable on the ball, they don't have to be Messi good to do the basics well.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Colwill coming on embarrasses the skill of some of our players, he looks composed and has time on the ball, even creates time under pressure by shielding the ball or erm..contorting his body to twist and turn our of trouble. Established players should be more comfortable on the ball, they don't have to be Messi good to do the basics well.
    He is a breath of fresh air in that he doesn't seem to brick it every time he gets the ball.

Ralls and Bacuna can't get rid of it quickly enough, get caught in possession time and again. Pack probably the best of a bad bunch in the middle but he is slower than time.

The constant head tennis really grates on me. Our players are not confident they can bring the ball down so just ping it off their heads, usually gifting it back to the opposition. We're not bad at defensive and offensive headers but the ones pinballing around midfield are a waste of time and possession.

You will notice a pattern with most of the people here who knock my negativity.

They virtually always personally have a pop at me or my tone but hardly ever comment on the game or the point I've made.

He seems to be very right-footed though, so I don't know why we stuck him out wide on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    The constant head tennis really grates on me. Our players are not confident they can bring the ball down so just ping it off their heads, usually gifting it back to the opposition. We're not bad at defensive and offensive headers but the ones pinballing around midfield are a waste of time and possession.
    I agree with you. Often they head it back when they're under no real pressure and the ball is not coming towards them with any real pace.
    They can not chest a ball and bring it down, unbelievable really.

You will notice a pattern with most of the people here who knock my negativity.

They virtually always personally have a pop at me or my tone but hardly ever comment on the game or the point I've made.
    What personal pop?

Are you denying youve probably already jumped on todays defeat more than the Blackpool win?

Took an age for City to wakes up (and fans) and quickly got the feeling it was going to be a frustrating day.

Really difficult to pick a MotM for us, possibly Bagan but definitely not Pack or Giles. I still think Flint has been over rated this season and today showed what he does when not scoring goals.

Ralls had his best game this year but he's clearly spent too much time under Warnock and it showed in last 20 when he wanted to be a spoiler rather than keep momentum going.

Ref watch: interesting to see new direction regarding soft fouls play out.

Think a draw would have been a fair result but the moment of quality gave points to Wurzels. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    In a team where so many of our players are uncomfortable on the ball, Nelson is the chief protagonist.
    Ralls has the touch of a baby elephant!
    Moving Nelson to full-back when we were chasing the game in the last 15 minutes killed our play down the right.

Just got back.

Good game, very entertaining.

Bacuna poor, anonymous 1st half, barely better 2nd half.

Giles way off his best and why oh why is our best crosser with his left foot playing on the right? Several times he beat his man and had to cut back inside.

Sang had a good game, I can see why people think he could do a job in midfield, the lad's a footballer. Bagan had his best game for us as well in my opinion.

Colwill's got something about him, look forward to see how he develops.

It's going to be this kind of season I think, we'll win some and lose some. Won't go down and won't go up. If it's that but with the youngsters getting some game time and developing, I personally don't mind, especially if they're enjoyable games of football like today

Perplexed as to how we lost that. They're crap!
    They knew how do deal with our hoofing of the ball into the box. We need a plan 'B' when going forward. We haven't got one! We'll be fecked if Keif goes to Wolves, or anyone else come to that.

I thought Brizzle defended well against our 'giants' so that buggered that. Playing alongside Ralls seems to have brought down Pack to the same level, I seem to remember him having a modicum of control. I think McCarthy's love affair with Bacuna is holding us back. With Giles and Colwill in the side I think we would be able to 'create' a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just got back.

Good game, very entertaining.

Bacuna poor, anonymous 1st half, barely better 2nd half.

Giles way off his best and why oh why is our best crosser with his left foot playing on the right? Several times he beat his man and had to cut back inside.

Sang had a good game, I can see why people think he could do a job in midfield, the lad's a footballer. Bagan had his best game for us as well in my opinion.

Colwill's got something about him, look forward to see how he develops.

It's going to be this kind of season I think, we'll win some and lose some. Won't go down and won't go up. If it's that but with the youngsters getting some game time and developing, I personally don't mind, especially if they're enjoyable games of football like today
    About right. We are a mid table outfit. Should have won. Didnt. Thats it. We will win some lose some. We are an average mid table side. Positives we are trying to bring through young players.

The only thing that surprises me is that the same dissatisfaction with our 'style' of play is expressed on this board after every game.

I've said repeatedly that MM only knows one way of playing and for as long as he's here, we'd better get used to it. No skill, no frills, just a workmanlike team that's generally not easy to beat at this level.

His job is to get as many points as possible by hook or by crook because that's how he will be judged by the men upstairs.

You can imagine MM saying, "Ee lad if you want entertainment you should go t'circus".

What personal pop?

Are you denying youve probably already jumped on todays defeat more than the Blackpool win?
    Well it is usually aimed at me rather than taking issue with anything I've actually said is what I mean.

I might have posted more on it for the simple reason I actually watched the game live. Most City fans who didn't go to Blackpool could.

He is a breath of fresh air in that he doesn't seem to brick it every time he gets the ball.

Ralls and Bacuna can't get rid of it quickly enough, get caught in possession time and again. Pack probably the best of a bad bunch in the middle but he is slower than time.
    I know Ralls works hard etc but I'd sub him out and keep Bacuna in there and give someone else a run in the team, preferably someone with a bit of composure.

Agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He seems to be very right-footed though, so I don't know why we stuck him out wide on the left.
    I'd go with Colwill and Giles with Moore next week, on their more comfortable sides of course!

I know Ralls works hard etc but I'd sub him out and keep Bacuna in there and give someone else a run in the team, preferably someone with a bit of composure.
    We need more quality in the AM role. Thought Ralls was ok. Thought Bacuna was ok. Bacuna is not an attacking midfielder though.

About right. We are a mid table outfit. Should have won. Didnt. Thats it. We will win some lose some. We are an average mid table side. Positives we are trying to bring through young players.
    I don't mind losing games, it'll happen at this level, but i despise losing games where we just hoof the ball, we didn't do that today and tried to play a little and we have youngsters in the team so I can live with that, I just can't get my head around how one dimensional we are and some of the wrong player/position selections we keep making.

We need more quality in the AM role. Thought Ralls was ok. Thought Bacuna was ok. Bacuna is not an attacking midfielder though.
    Both decent in spells. I'd give sang a go with Pack, I'd love to see someone like bowen eventually, but for now sang has experience in the first team and looks a decent player.

I thought our goal was nicely created even if we did get our share of the luck Wurzels got with their first to help it across the line.

Sang, Bagan and Colwill having good minutes was a positive on a day where positively has to be actively looked for. Collins did well in his cameo and Moore had some really nice touches...

Maybe the worst thing for us being when we equalised. If Bagan's good headed in first half had gone in then totally different game, if the OG hadn't happened when it did Collins and Colwill would have come on much earlier and maybe without Nelson going to RB.