+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

I think I give up now.
    All that forging upwards gone and now a decade or two of mediocrity with a manager who doesn’t give a toss and a board trying to do it on the cheap.
    Maybe even a bit in league one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think I give up now.
    All that forging upwards gone and now a decade or two of mediocrity with a manager who doesn’t give a toss and a board trying to do it on the cheap.
    Maybe even a bit in league one or two.
    Still waiting for that first 5-0 drubbing so please excuse us if we take your predictions with a pinch of salt

I don't understand Giles being rated star man in local press at all.

Think he was noticeably frustrated with himself first half as so many crosses not going where he wanted and while he improved second half he was still some way off his best.

Was he dangerous today? He was cute but not dangerous. But maybe others were so far off it that's enough to get MotM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    MM can't manage a game to save his life. Outfoxed again today.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm glad you're pleased. I'm sorry it's only August. That's probably as good as it's going to get for you this season. Roll on 22-23 eh?
    Is that when they start their European campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just got back.

Good game, very entertaining.

Bacuna poor, anonymous 1st half, barely better 2nd half.

Giles way off his best and why oh why is our best crosser with his left foot playing on the right? Several times he beat his man and had to cut back inside.

Sang had a good game, I can see why people think he could do a job in midfield, the lad's a footballer. Bagan had his best game for us as well in my opinion.

Colwill's got something about him, look forward to see how he develops.

It's going to be this kind of season I think, we'll win some and lose some. Won't go down and won't go up. If it's that but with the youngsters getting some game time and developing, I personally don't mind, especially if they're enjoyable games of football like today
    I don't think you would have found it that enjoyable if you watched it on TV. I found it very frustrating. If you look at the match stats, we had 63% possession, 407 v 256 passes with 72% pass accuracy and we did approximately ****-all. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't understand Giles being rated star man in local press at all.

Think he was noticeably frustrated with himself first half as so many crosses not going where he wanted and while he improved second half he was still some way off his best.

Was he dangerous today? He was cute but not dangerous. But maybe others were so far off it that's enough to get MotM.
    Definitely not man of the match, he worked hard and put himself about but his crossing was off. Also was clearly playing on the wrong side, which was an absolutely mental decision

I think virtually the entire team were about a 6 with maybe Flint and Philips lower.

I can see why Giles was mom.

Please Mick, stop playing Bacuna in the attacking midfield role.

Shameful that the only player with any composure is a 19 year old.

Was Giles awarded man of the match? Who decided that? I thought he was poor today and completely off with his crossing

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

And Sang

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Composure is not a word you associate with modern day Cardiff City is it.

Wales Online has Giles as man of the match saying his crossing was second to none. In my opinion virtually all of his crosses were dreadful. He was so laboured and predictable getting the ball on to his left foot that nearly every one of his moves was telegraphed. Why he doesn't try and beat his man more often is probably due to the fact he plays on the right when he is heavily left footed but he could at least try and hit the ball with his right foot as he did on one occasion. Every player on the pitch was mediocre except for a cameo by Colwill.

An average Bristol City side did their homework - defend crosses and corners and Cardiff City will struggle to score. I don't think our performance was too bad, but this squad is weaker again than last season. They all put in a decent shift but with no real quality in the side, I think what we saw today is par for the rest of the season. Very little scope for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Wales Online has Giles as man of the match saying his crossing was second to none. In my opinion virtually all of his crosses were dreadful. He was so laboured and predictable getting the ball on to his left foot that nearly every one of his moves was telegraphed. Why he doesn't try and beat his man more often is probably due to the fact he plays on the right when he is heavily left footed but he could at least try and hit the ball with his right foot as he did on one occasion. Every player on the pitch was mediocre except for a cameo by Colwill.
    Wasn't his best day but Giles was still really the only one capable of doing anything.

Thought pack did ok but they have probably gone for Giles as really there isn't anyone obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Wasn't his best day but Giles was still really the only one capable of doing anything.

Thought pack did ok but they have probably gone for Giles as really there isn't anyone obvious.
    I would argue that Giles didn't do his job on the pitch satisfactory - and I think he knew that seeing how frustrated he was with himself in first half - and just because he's most pleasing on the eye shouldn't mean getting MotM.

Bagan was far closer to doing what his position requires and doing it well than Giles was to his.

I would argue that Giles didn't do his job on the pitch satisfactory - and I think he knew that seeing how frustrated he was with himself in first half - and just because he's most pleasing on the eye shouldn't mean getting MotM.

Bagan was far closer to doing what his position requires and doing it well than Giles was to his.
    Its their opinion. It may br right it may not be, according to other peoples opinions, but its just that, an opinion, just like you have yours.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Still waiting for that first 5-0 drubbing so please excuse us if we take your predictions with a pinch of salt

Unfortunately and with the deepest regret I’d say that’s quite on the cards after today’s latest debacle.

I was only ever warning about the way they were failing to prepare being dangerous once the season was underway and I take absolutely no pleasure in the fact that it increangly seems my fears had some basis.

No idea what can be going on in your mind to be so very nasty and personal all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Unfortunately and with the deepest regret I’d say that’s quite on the cards after today’s latest debacle.

I was only ever warning about the way they were failing to prepare being dangerous once the season was underway and I take absolutely no pleasure in the fact that it increangly seems my fears had some basis.

No idea what can be going on in your mind to be so very nasty and personal all the time.
    Yes, his post was full of nasty personal comments wasn't it like "excuse us if we take your predictions with a pinch of salt"

I don't know how he wrote that nasty insulting personal comment and had the cheek to post it. The devil.

Giles definitely MOTM for me.
    He always looks like he can do something when he receives the ball.

His crossing was off today, as was everybody's I might add, shockingly so, but he excites me.
    How many others on the pitch can you say that about?

Pack i thought did okay and Colwill, unlike last week, did too when he came on.

I thought that we were far the better side for long periods but a lapse in concentration and a huge slice of fortune when Weiman miscontrolled the ball but composed finish for the first goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us.

A decent fightback was marred by a piece of magic from their midfielder Massengo and poor positioning of Sang for their second.

All in all, I thought we were a bit unlucky today but I would also say that as a spectacle, it was much better than last week.

Perhaps Mick played a bit too open today?

We won last week but lost this.
    Unfortunately for MM, to many on here, he lost both

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

We won last week but lost this.
    Unfortunately for MM, to many on here, he lost both
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Its their opinion. It may br right it may not be, according to other peoples opinions, but its just that, an opinion, just like you have yours.
    You appear to have taken issue with the way I post. All I'm doing is explaining why I see it differently and I hope no one thinks that I've blocked them from expanding on their point or disagreeing with me.

For the record, Whoscored has Nelson as MotM on our side. They also said Giles took 4 crosses with 0% cross accuracy; had same amount of shots, shots on target and key passes as Bagan; made 9 more passes than Colwill but had fewer dribbles.

Giles is exciting because he clearly has talent but in what way was he dangerous today?

You appear to have taken issue with the way I post. All I'm doing is explaining why I see it differently and I hope no one thinks that I've blocked them from expanding on their point or disagreeing with me.

For the record, Whoscored has Nelson as MotM on our side. They also said Giles took 4 crosses with 0% cross accuracy; had same amount of shots, shots on target and key passes as Bagan; made 9 more passes than Colwill but had fewer dribbles.

Giles is exciting because he clearly has talent but in what way was he dangerous today?
    I don't have an issue with the way you post, no need for the dramatics, it just comes across like you're right and WOL are wrong. I'm just pointing out they can have an opinion on who they deem to be MOTM.

?
    Including the previous line in my post makes my point self explanatory.

Your oft provocative posts remind me of that little Scottish right back for Liverpool, always "looking for it"

I don't have an issue with the way you post, no need for the dramatics, it just comes across like you're right and WOL are wrong. I'm just pointing out they can have an opinion on who they deem to be MOTM.
    Not only can they have an opinion but they're paid to do so