+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Including the previous line in my post makes my point self explanatory.

Your oft provocative posts remind me of that little Scottish right back for Liverpool, always "looking for it"

I don't know what your passive aggressive postnis getting at, so I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think I give up now.
    All that forging upwards gone and now a decade or two of mediocrity with a manager who doesn’t give a toss and a board trying to do it on the cheap.
    Maybe even a bit in league one or two.
    I'm pretty confident we won't have 2 more decades of Mick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't know what your passive aggressive postnis getting at, so I asked.
    Irony alert

Irony alert
    I posted a question mark. You came to the conclusion that I was fishing. I'm not sure how, from such a little post, but you did

You can either explain your post or not, and move on. It's not hard. Stop looking for an argument that isn't there. You're about 70, get on with it.

I’d have loved today if what I’d watched had been on a sloping pitch whilst eating a fried egg sarnie dripping cheap tomato ketchup on my boots, a plastic cup of scalding hot Tesco’s-own coffee granules in the other hand, stood next to a pipe-smoking bloke and his Whippet. But that was The Championship - you know - one down from the best league in the world.

I posted a question mark. You came to the conclusion that I was fishing. I'm not sure how, from such a little post, but you did

You can either explain your post or not, and move on. It's not hard. Stop looking for an argument that isn't there. You're about 70, get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Was Giles awarded man of the match? Who decided that? I thought he was poor today and completely off with his crossing
    You dont need to have a good game to be MoM in this side, just marginally better than the others. I feel that is just about accurate.

Aye. Of course.

And Sang
    Yes, I thought Sang did well in a position that isn't his

I've no idea why Sang was brought off and Nelson was shoved to right back, if you're going to go for it then surely you should have someone with SOME technical ability making overlapping runs?

Yes, I thought Sang did well in a position that isn't his

I've no idea why Sang was brought off and Nelson was shoved to right back, if you're going to go for it then surely you should have someone with SOME technical ability making overlapping runs?
    Looks like he wanted to go to a 442 and not use all the subs, but I could be wrong.

Looks like he wanted to go to a 442 and not use all the subs, but I could be wrong.
    I get that he wanted to change shape but I'm questioning why he subbed off a guy who'd played well up to that point and would certainly offer more in attack than Nelson, surely it would make more sense to bring off Nelson?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Unfortunately and with the deepest regret I’d say that’s quite on the cards after today’s latest debacle.

I was only ever warning about the way they were failing to prepare being dangerous once the season was underway and I take absolutely no pleasure in the fact that it increangly seems my fears had some basis.

No idea what can be going on in your mind to be so very nasty and personal all the time.
    I'm sorry if you felt anything in my post was nasty and personal, although I'm struggling to see which part of it came across that way.

Happy to put a £100 bet on that we won't lose a single Championship game 5-0 this season though, money goes to Ty Hafan?

I get that he wanted to change shape but I'm questioning why he subbed off a guy who'd played well up to that point and would certainly offer more in attack than Nelson, surely it would make more sense to bring off Nelson?
    Nelson is so poor on the ball that the switch nullified most of our attacks down the right side of the pitch.

I'm laughing at my own stupidity here for not seeing what you were getting at the first time. Mare. Yes you are spot on, I don't think Nelson was having a great game to be honest and we lost Sang who was having a better game

I'm laughing at my own stupidity here for not seeing what you were getting at the first time. Mare. Yes you are spot on, I don't think Nelson was having a great game to be honest and we lost Sang who was having a better game
    I've finally come to the conclusion that Nelson isn't Championship standard.

However, he's quite good at helping teammates get up off the floor and for giving fistbumps.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You can believe what you want.

I'm just not a City fan that gets served $hit and says it smells of roses.

That was bad today.

I ask you, if you view that game today and somehow manage to convince yourself that it was good then are you a City fan?

As for negative threads it is a match thread.
    It is negative because the way City played makes it as such.

Put a positive spin on it if you don't like it then. What was good about that game and performance?
    Cheer up, it could be worse - You could be an Arsenal fan.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Cheer up, it could be worse - You could be an Arsenal fan.
    Yeah.

Foreign owners who won't back the club financially for success. People in charge who seem to understand how to get success in business in another country but not replicated here with football.

A manager who divides opinion and seems to know little of what he wants to achieve having just been beaten at home by an old rival. A team that has obvious weak areas that the club have failed to address time and again.

Wait a minute....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I've finally come to the conclusion that Nelson isn't Championship standard.

However, he's quite good at helping teammates get up off the floor and for giving fistbumps.
    To be fair, those fistbumps are top-notch.

Isn't Nelson the right-footed CB being asked to play on left side, help out youngest member of the side and use his pace to cover for two slower CB's next to him?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Isn't Nelson the right-footed CB being asked to play on left side, help out youngest member of the side and use his pace to cover for two slower CB's next to him?
    yes when you out it like that he's quite important

Philips 4/10
    Sang 4/10....Collins5/10
    Morrison 5/10
    Flint 5/10
    Nelson 4/10
    Bagan 4/10
    Giles 4/10
    Pack 5/10
    Ralls 5/10
    Bacuna 4/10.....Colwill 5/10
    Moore 5/10

McCarthy 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by Refusenik-Blue View Post
    Philips 4/10
    Sang 4/10....Collins5/10
    Morrison 5/10
    Flint 5/10
    Nelson 4/10
    Bagan 4/10
    Giles 4/10
    Pack 5/10
    Ralls 5/10
    Bacuna 4/10.....Colwill 5/10
    Moore 5/10

McCarthy 4/10
    Jesus, you'd have thought we lost 6-0

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jesus, you'd have thought we lost 6-0
    If the marks are out of ten, then it figures that 5/6 is average.

I'd hope for City's sake that most of the players' performances yesterday against a poor Bristol City side were below average. If not, then it's going to be a grim season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If the marks are out of ten, then it figures that 5/6 is average.

I'd hope for City's sake that most of the players' performances yesterday against a poor Bristol City side were below average. If not, then it's going to be a grim season.
    If they were mostly 6/10 I'd have no argument but exclusively 4's and 5's when we lost a tight game by a single goal is a bit much. Giving Sang and Bagan 4's is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If they were mostly 6/10 I'd have no argument but exclusively 4's and 5's when we lost a tight game by a single goal is a bit much. Giving Sang and Bagan 4's is ridiculous
    Lost a tight game by a single goal against a poor side.

Can’t say I noticed Bagan too much to be honest, but I didn’t see Sang do anything particularly impressive and his effort for their second goal was weak.