+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 BRISTOL CITY

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I don't understand this 'only comment on the game if it is a positive comment or we won' line of thought.

That wasn't great today and we scored because of a big slice of fortune. We could have played until midnight and not scored from open play.

If I was to pick any positives at all I would struggle genuinely. That starting 11 was average to bad from front to back, not forgetting playing some on their wrong side. Biggest positive was probably Colwill coming on and looking like he wanted to actually be there and do something.
    Colwill coming on embarrasses the skill of some of our players, he looks composed and has time on the ball, even creates time under pressure by shielding the ball or erm..contorting his body to twist and turn our of trouble. Established players should be more comfortable on the ball, they don't have to be Messi good to do the basics well.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Colwill coming on embarrasses the skill of some of our players, he looks composed and has time on the ball, even creates time under pressure by shielding the ball or erm..contorting his body to twist and turn our of trouble. Established players should be more comfortable on the ball, they don't have to be Messi good to do the basics well.
    The constant head tennis really grates on me. Our players are not confident they can bring the ball down so just ping it off their heads, usually gifting it back to the opposition. We're not bad at defensive and offensive headers but the ones pinballing around midfield are a waste of time and possession.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He seems to be very right-footed though, so I don't know why we stuck him out wide on the left.