+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Tickets

Re: Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Stop talking nonsense.
    The only thing you've got right is I'm not a season ticket holder. I have been in the past. It doesn't work for me currently.

Season tickets are not available online. Fact.
    The club offer a discount with a membership on matchday tickets. Well they do unless you want to buy online. No point calling as the call costs more than the discount. Fact.
    The club have a grand total of one home game on sale. Fact.
    The club shop is threadbare and regardless of doughnuts like you saying it's because we've sold so much it is another indication of an area of the club being run badly. Another fact.
    The app is poor by any measure. Just take a look at the reviews of it on any app store. It doesn't work for many for things they've paid for like commentary and the like and closes when it likes.

Say it is guesswork and hearsay all you like.
    All of what I have posted above are facts.
    Tried to buy a 'matchday' ticket from the booth next to the ticket office just before KO on Saturday. They only take cash.

Stop talking nonsense.
    The only thing you've got right is I'm not a season ticket holder. I have been in the past. It doesn't work for me currently.

Season tickets are not available online. Fact.
    The club offer a discount with a membership on matchday tickets. Well they do unless you want to buy online. No point calling as the call costs more than the discount. Fact.
    The club have a grand total of one home game on sale. Fact.
    The club shop is threadbare and regardless of doughnuts like you saying it's because we've sold so much it is another indication of an area of the club being run badly. Another fact.
    The app is poor by any measure. Just take a look at the reviews of it on any app store. It doesn't work for many for things they've paid for like commentary and the like and closes when it likes.

Say it is guesswork and hearsay all you like.
    All of what I have posted above are facts.
    I have to say I'm 100% with you on this. I've had my own problems with the club regarding mine and Mrs Citizen's season tickets plus the fact that on the three occasions I've phoned the ticket office (last week) I was cut off after waiting 25 mins in total silence!

I've posted extensively about why the App and Website is not functioning (it's an EFL IT mess) and there are a few things that people forget too: never assume that everyone using these 'services' is able-bodied. An efficient, well-designed website is essential for many disabled people to gain access. This applies to the telephone systems too which, according to many regulations, are not fit for purpose regarding accessibility. However, I know this is recognised by the club and they will be improving it because as it stands, it sucks.

Many older people, disabled people and people living farther away from CCS require the website and telephone service to be functioning efficiently. If the Ticket Office was open (and I've made my view on this very clear) then this would free up the telephone services for those who really need them. There shouldn't be any conflict over this stuff between any us. Nobody has the right to assume that their situation and ability applies to everyone else. How difficult is it to think of others?

I don't know why it's so difficult for some to recognise that supporting Cardiff City FC is not reliant on accepting corporate mismanagement, inaccessibility to basic services, the inability to be able to offer a fan-friendly experience all the while making it incredibly difficult for all people (able-bodied and disabled) to purchase goods and services i.e.spend their money.

This is totally separate to supporting the team. I don't buy a season ticket to go down to CCS and cheer our great board leaders and executives. This is not a cult, it's a club. And as fans, stop treating us just as cash cows.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 27-08-21 at 10:24. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I have to say I'm 100% with you on this. I've had my own problems with the club regarding mine and Mrs Citizen's season tickets plus the fact that on the three occasions I've phoned the ticket office (last week) I was cut off after waiting 25 mins in total silence!

I've posted extensively about why the App and Website is not functioning (it's an EFL IT mess) and there are a few things that people forget too: never assume that everyone using these 'services' is able-bodied. An efficient, well-designed website is essential for many disabled people to gain access. This applies to the telephone systems too which, according to many regulations, are not fit for purpose regarding accessibility. However, I know this is recognised by the club and they will be improving it because as it stands, it sucks.

Many older people, disabled people and people living farther away from CCS require the website and telephone service to be functioning efficiently. If the Ticket Office was open (and I've made my view on this very clear) then this would free up the telephone services for those who really need them. There shouldn't be any conflict over this stuff between any us. Nobody has the right to assume that their situation and ability applies to everyone else. How difficult is it to think of others?

I don't know why it's so difficult for some to recognise that supporting Cardiff City FC is not reliant on accepting corporate mismanagement, inaccessibility to basic services, the inability to be able to offer a fan-friendly experience all the while making it incredibly difficult for all people (able-bodied and disabled) to purchase goods and services i.e.spend their money.

This is totally separate to supporting the team. I don't buy a season ticket to go down to CCS and cheer our great board leaders and executives. This is not a cult, it's a club. And as fans, stop treating us just as cash cows.
    This.

Especially so when fans are coming back from a long break from attending games and realising there are alternatives for your money.

While other companies and clubs are doing their best to get up and running City are arguably the worst they've been in quite some time in this area and it shows.

People are castigating the club based on the experience of some individuals, whereas for the vast majority there have been no serious issues and they have been able to get tickets and gain access to the ground easily. No one is saying that the system is totally without flaws - the club have obviously had problems with getting the season ticket cards through from the manufacturers and been affected, like most other businesses at the moment, by Covid and Brexit staffing and supply of product issues. However to continually criticise them when they are obviously working extremely hard to get it all sorted is very unfair. In blue lewjs case it is only one of a long line of complaints in his ‘master plan’ to discredit everything the club does.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People are castigating the club based on the experience of some individuals, whereas for the vast majority there have been no serious issues and they have been able to get tickets and gain access to the ground easily. No one is saying that the system is totally without flaws - the club have obviously had problems with getting the season ticket cards through from the manufacturers and been affected, like most other businesses at the moment, by Covid and Brexit staffing and supply of product issues. However to continually criticise them when they are obviously working extremely hard to get it all sorted is very unfair. In blue lewjs case it is only one of a long line of complaints in his ‘master plan’ to discredit everything the club does.
    Yeah, they're doing great dml. Absolutely outstanding.

Have they restocked the club shop yet after the unplanned for shopping spree from fans last week do you know?

Yeah, they're doing great dml. Absolutely outstanding.

Have they restocked the club shop yet after the unplanned for shopping spree from fans last week do you know?
    You care far too much about how many Cardiff City tshirts and keyrings are in a shop, it's weird

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You care far too much about how many Cardiff City tshirts and keyrings are in a shop, it's weird
    I certainly don't.

What is weird is somebody thinking the reason for a threadbare shop is that everything has been bought.

I certainly don't.

What is weird is somebody thinking the reason for a threadbare shop is that everything has been bought.
    You just talk about it a lot that's all. But to be fair it's actually none of my business so carry on, I'm gonna eat before heading to the game. I'll stick my head into the shop and update you if I have time

I believe the club are not interested in the cards and want to go totally digital.

Ta Ra to me if they do

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I believe the club are not interested in the cards and want to go totally digital.

Ta Ra to me if they do
    Imagine putting up with the club changing the shirt colour but boycotting because you couldn’t have a plastic card

They’re acting like no ones season ticket card ever stopped working too. Definitely had to have mine reactivated at least once

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The ticket office staff (yes I find it funny, in a sad kind of way)

Just had a thought, how do you pick a seat, over the phone, without seeing a plan of the stadium ?
    That one did make me laugh

Sharp humour. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Imagine putting up with the club changing the shirt colour but boycotting because you couldn’t have a plastic card