+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin Mendy.

Re: Benjamin Mandy.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I was thinking the same thing to be honest. All alleged of course, but a story about four people being raped and the anger at a tweet is demonstrably greater.

Just an observation.
    This board is bonkers in that sense.

Can imagine introducing 2 posters off here to one another "Hi offended, this is offended"

All alleged of course, but a story about four people being raped.....
    Which you evidently didn't bother to read.

I was thinking the same thing to be honest. All alleged of course, but a story about four people being raped and the anger at a tweet is demonstrably greater.

Just an observation.
    Do you actually think that people on here are angrier about a tweet than 4 girls allegedly being raped? Or is the tweet a point of discussion because it goes without saying that the alleged crime is vile and despicable?

It's so obvious that that's the case, I don't know what weird point you two are trying to make

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do you actually think that people on here are angrier about a tweet than 4 girls allegedly being raped? Or is the tweet a point of discussion because it goes without saying that the alleged crime is vile and despicable?
    It's also kinda difficult to get angry regarding something you know nothing about.

No doubt if people knew the details of the allegations against Mendy and his guilt was beyond doubt, they would be angry.

It's so obvious that that's the case, I don't know what weird point you two are trying to make
    Of course I don't. It's just an observation and I was agreeing with someone else who wrote it

Remanded? Must be a pretty strong case..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Remanded? Must be a pretty strong case..
    More likely due to a breach of conditions imposed after an earlier arrest in respect of which he was still under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This board is bonkers in that sense.

Can imagine introducing 2 posters off here to one another "Hi offended, this is offended"
    It’s possible to think raping someone is one of the worst things you can do while also thinking someone who’s a bit of a public figure being obviously and outwardly racist is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s possible to think raping someone is one of the worst things you can do while also thinking someone who’s a bit of a public figure being obviously and outwardly racist is bad.
    It also depends on whether or not you secretly agree with what this fox bloke tweeted. I bet that some people do, so saying that more people seem offended by the tweet rather than the allegation of rape, sort of trivialises what fox has said. Deflection to a certain degree. Although i don't think that anyone in this thread agrees with what Fox tweeted.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    4 girls have been raped but people are more outraged at something Laurence Fox has said.

It’s little wonder a lot of rapes don’t get reported.
    Oh yes ,spot on , gotta keep yer eye out though for right wing nutters it's far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It also depends on whether or not you secretly agree with what this fox bloke tweeted. I bet that some people do, so saying that more people seem offended by the tweet rather than the allegation of rape, sort of trivialises what fox has said. Deflection to a certain degree. Although i don't think that anyone in this thread agrees with what Fox tweeted.
    I’m the one who made the observation and it certainly wasn’t to deflect anything Fox said. He’s an arsehole but if people just ignored the idiot instead of getting outraged maybe he would crawl back under his rock. He’s clearly saying these things purposely to get a reaction from people, and so those getting outraged, especially those trying to engage with him on social media, just give the guy attention he craves. Starve the guy of oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes ,spot on , gotta keep yer eye out though for right wing nutters it's far more important.
    You keep your eye out for the rapists , others can keep an eye on the racists

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    More likely due to a breach of conditions imposed after an earlier arrest in respect of which he was still under investigation.
    I had only read the headline when I posted that

I’m the one who made the observation and it certainly wasn’t to deflect anything Fox said. He’s an arsehole but if people just ignored the idiot instead of getting outraged maybe he would crawl back under his rock. He’s clearly saying these things purposely to get a reaction from people, and so those getting outraged, especially those trying to engage with him on social media, just give the guy attention he craves. Starve the guy of oxygen.
    I agree.

I agree.
    Katie Hopkins

I don't understand him though

She's completely talentless

At least he could do extras work ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Katie Hopkins

I don't understand him though

She's completely talentless

At least he could do extras work ?
    They're just massive bellends. There's not much point in discussing these people and their reactionary opinions. They hold little or no sway and are their to get a reaction. Some people just crave attention. They're the internet's equivalent of a drunk reactionary family member at a wedding party. Everyone knows what that person is like and most steer clear. A reaction is what they crave. Sad individuals.

I agree.
    Me too, although it would be quite satisfying to see him banned from Twitter

International

Me too, although it would be quite satisfying to see him banned from Twitter
    but shirley that would just draw attention to him.
    bB etter just not read his twitters

Re: Benjamin Mendy.

Just shut down twitter completely

And open up the mines

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    but shirley that would just draw attention to him.
    bB etter just not read his twitters
    How could it draw attention to him? Twitter is about the only outlet he can use, because it's easy for people to spread his comments around. If he writes a blog, or whatever, it can't be done anywhere near as easily.

I don't see how being off Twitter would increase the attention he gets. If that was true, who would use Twitter?

Deplatforming works quite well. When was the last time we heard from trump?

4 girls have been raped but people are more outraged at something Laurence Fox has said.

It’s little wonder a lot of rapes don’t get reported.
    It probably would have been wise to use the word allegedly.

Good to see this on the main news reels

Hope he gets plenty of compensation

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Good to see this on the main news reels

Hope he gets plenty of compensation
    He blanked the media when he came out of court, which is not surprising after what happened.