+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marley Watkins to Aberdeen

Re: Marley Watkins to Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I actually was at that game, my first with my father.1982 I believe. Beat Wigan 3-2 after falling behind. Woof scored at the Canton end, a header, I believe it was the winner as well. I joined in the celebrations with some teenage skinheads by attempting to scale the green chain link fence. I was only 10 and I ripped my duffle coat. The old man called me an idiot!
    I was also there. Went behind twice in that game and Woof came on and scored the winner. My mate said when he came on he’ll score and he did. I was 13 at the time and my first experience of a promotion season.
    Woof had a bust up with Ashurst before the next game and walked out.

Does this call for an “I saw Marley play for Cardiff City” t-shirt?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    … I think our chairman will be proved to be right. Having said that he has been a Bluebird and the few of us who attended the Sutton game can always say 'I was there'!!
    I couldn’t help but think of this reference to ghost of Christmas past

“I wear the chain I forged in life. ..”

Club legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    We treated him like a dog if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Club legend.
    The Marley Watkins stadium does has a nice ring to it ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I was also there. Went behind twice in that game and Woof came on and scored the winner. My mate said when he came on he’ll score and he did. I was 13 at the time and my first experience of a promotion season.
    I must have been there but I don't remember a thing. 😥

When is his testimonial game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I actually was at that game, my first with my father.1982 I believe. Beat Wigan 3-2 after falling behind. Woof scored at the Canton end, a header, I believe it was the winner as well. I joined in the celebrations with some teenage skinheads by attempting to scale the green chain link fence. I was only 10 and I ripped my duffle coat. The old man called me an idiot!
    It was the winner, scored with very little time left I believe, it was also the last time game of Keith Pontin’s professional career.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Probably some truth in it.

What I dont believe is Mick had no say.

I think if we were talking a 20 year old who banged in 2 in the League Cup and Mick really rated him we would have signed him.

A discussion on a 30 year old released by Bristol City with no long term future at the club with no sell on fee then a good decision by all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Does this call for an “I saw Marley play for Cardiff City” t-shirt?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I think if we were talking a 20 year old who banged in 2 in the League Cup and Mick really rated him we would have signed him.

A discussion on a 30 year old released by Bristol City with no long term future at the club with no sell on fee then a good decision by all involved.
    Mick said he hadn't seen enough of him during his trial (the trial mick also used to explain Watkins was only training with the team because they have a history and he is relatively local so it was a favour to let him train.. Yes that lie) so they gave him a month deal.. And what.. One game was enough impress Mick to offer a deal? Thank **** Dalman stepped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I’ve somewhat lost sympathy for him after this.
    Don’t know whether it’s true but no need to say it anyway because I think he was treated more than well.