+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wintle to Blackpool (loan)?

Ryan Wintle to Blackpool (loan)?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...ol-loan-looms/

Interesting if true. He has had injuries in pre-season, but hasn't forced his way into the first team squad since then.

Unknown quantity to most of us. Maybe Sam Bowen's emergence is pushing him out?

Re: Ryan Wintle to Blackpool (loan)?

Surely another daft story from FLW???

It’d be mental to bring him in on a salary then immediately loan him out. That’s just pouring money away for no apparent reason isn’t it?

Better for us if he plays at this level than being potentially 4th choice here especially as he's one of a few CM's under contract for next year.

Harry Pickering (Blackburn LB) was another signing where immediately loaned out to aid development.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Surely another daft story from FLW???

It’d be mental to bring him in on a salary then immediately loan him out. That’s just pouring money away for no apparent reason isn’t it?
    On the face if it, yes, but if Blackpool are covering his wages, then financially could work.

I think we are trying to cut costs across the board. I wouldn't be surprised to see two or three players leave by Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Better for us if he plays at this level than being potentially 4th choice here especially as he's one of a few CM's under contract for next year.

Harry Pickering (Blackburn LB) was another signing where immediately loaned out to aid development.
    Wintle is 24 though, if we are effectively saying he won't be playing this season for us then when will he. I know you say next season but if he isn't better than what we have now then it all seems pointless.

It's probably not legit but these ones that come from nowhere sometimes are.

I was hoping he could offer something different to what we have at cm, having seen nothing of him myself and it being early in the season I'd like to think he will be staying to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Wintle is 24 though, if we are effectively saying he won't be playing this season for us then when will he. I know you say next season but if he isn't better than what we have now then it all seems pointless.

I was hoping he could offer something different to what we have at cm, having seen nothing of him myself and it being early in the season I'd like to think he will be staying to compete.
    Maybe his heading isn’t good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Maybe he’s been signed with one eye on next year when Pack, Ralls and Vaulks are out of contract. A years experience in the championship could do him good. If Blackpool cover his wages we haven’t really lost anything.

Or, he’s been signed by the recruitment team and Mick doesn’t really fancy him. Similar to Max Watters. Not every lower league signing is going to be a success.

Either way it’s a free transfer and coming from Crewe I wouldn’t imagine he’s earning silly money so if it doesn’t work out it’s not going to break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Maybe he’s been signed with one eye on next year when Pack, Ralls and Vaulks are out of contract. A years experience in the championship could do him good. If Blackpool cover his wages we haven’t really lost anything.

Or, he’s been signed by the recruitment team and Mick doesn’t really fancy him. Similar to Max Watters. Not every lower league signing is going to be a success.

Either way it’s a free transfer and coming from Crewe I wouldn’t imagine he’s earning silly money so if it doesn’t work out it’s not going to break the bank.
    Mick inherited Watters though. Surely he would have been involved in the Wintle signing? We also don't have a huge number of options in central midfield.

if true could be a good way to get the most out of the last season of pack et all and still allow him to get game time at this level, so next season he comes in ready to go

If it develops a player why not ,nothing to lose , however be beware of FLW Exlusives.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Mick inherited Watters though. Surely he would have been involved in the Wintle signing? We also don't have a huge number of options in central midfield.
    We have 4, plus Bowen. Maybe a year at Champ level playing every week will do him good, and benefit us for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We have 4, plus Bowen. Maybe a year at Champ level playing every week will do him good, and benefit us for next season
    Keenan Patten was on the bench for the first team for a few matches last season, he needs a season free from injury and then I think he can become another youngster who won’t be too far away from emulating Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Is that four including Wintle? I don't think that Mick sees Bacuna as a central midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is that four including Wintle? I don't think that Mick sees Bacuna as a central midfielder.
    Perhaps but Wintle isn't going to play. If he can get 35/40 games under his belt, it could be a win win when Vaulks, Pack and Ralls are out of contract in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    On the face if it, yes, but if Blackpool are covering his wages, then financially could work.

Really excellent point HC actually, plus ,upon reflection if he’s definitely got potential ( which I think he has) but can’t presently step up a standard, well maybe he can make his cock ups for Blackpool not us and yet still get that championship edge with enough games.

We did a similar thing with Joe Ralls , sent home loan to Yeovil to play in the championship to gain experience.

We have a lot of players out of contract in the summer. I’d give ralls a new contract , let Vailks and pack go.

I have no issue with this, especially as it is to another championship side.

I am still holding out for another forward line signing for city - perhaps someone with a bit of guile as it seems Tomlin isn't going to be contributing much this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    We did a similar thing with Joe Ralls , sent home loan to Yeovil to play in the championship to gain experience.

We have a lot of players out of contract in the summer. I’d give ralls a new contract , let Vailks and pack go.
    Yes but Joe Ralls was about 19 or 20 and I believe that he was loaned when we were in the PL. Wintle is 24.

We desperately needed central midfielders and the one weve signed being loaned out im sure wasnt the plan.

Not saying long term it could all work out but we needed improvements this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes but Joe Ralls was about 19 or 20 and I believe that he was loaned when we were in the PL. Wintle is 24.

We desperately needed central midfielders and the one weve signed being loaned out im sure wasnt the plan.

Not saying long term it could all work out but we needed improvements this season.
    Fair point. We needed improvements , but personally with the players we had already , Ralls , Bacuna , Pack , Vaulks , I would have left midfield alone. Other areas we could have strengthened before that.

Seems a waste fi a signing Wintle along with Watters.

Think the best we can hope for us they do well and improve out on loan and ready for next season with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Fair point. We needed improvements , but personally with the players we had already , Ralls , Bacuna , Pack , Vaulks , I would have left midfield alone. Other areas we could have strengthened before that.

Seems a waste fi a signing Wintle along with Watters.

Think the best we can hope for us they do well and improve out on loan and ready for next season with us.
    Leave the midfield alone? For me that's where there should have been significant movement.

Any combination of Ralls, Pack and Vaulks is just too static and will (does) get found out.

I think we need to lose two of those, drop Bacuna in there and then add a more creative ball player and passer in there.

Pack, Ralls and Vaulks are all good players, but too similar and we need to shake it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...ol-loan-looms/

Interesting if true. He has had injuries in pre-season, but hasn't forced his way into the first team squad since then.

Unknown quantity to most of us. Maybe Sam Bowen's emergence is pushing him out?

Unknown quantity to most.

Our recruitment team too it seems.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...joins-21425904

Turns out the rumour was right!

Cardiff City summer signing Ryan Wintle has joined Blackpool on a season-long loan.

The Bluebirds signed the central midfielder on a free transfer this summer, but with Joe Ralls, Marlon Pack, Will Vaulks and Leandro Bacuna in front of him, it looked unlikely he would get much game time.

It is also thought the emergence of Sam Bowen, who came in for much praise following his impressive display against Brighton on Tuesday evening, has also nudged Wintle down the pecking order.

Wintle, who was omitted from the Bluebirds' squad for the 2-0 defeat to Bristol City on Saturday afternoon, has also struggled to impose himself when given the opportunity to play over the course of the summer and early season.

A loan move away to a fellow Championship club will likely do him a world of good.

Speaking about the transfer, Bluebirds boss Mick McCarthy said: "He's gone. He's gone on loan to Blackpool.

"That was a difficult one. I brought him with a view for this season but certainly next season.

"Marlon [Pack] and Rallsy [Joe Ralls] have been great, Vaulksy [Will Vaulks] played all but two or three games last year and the emergence of Sam Bowen...

"Ryan has played 160-odd league games, he needs to be playing. He's not yet played in the Championship. So it's a good opportunity for him, with a recall in January, to get some experience playing with Blackpool in the Championship."

The Championship transfer window closes at 11pm on Tuesday, August 31.

Truly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Truly bizarre.
    Yes.