+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wintle to Blackpool (loan)?

Re: Ryan Wintle to Blackpool (loan)?

It's odd.
    Maybe MM needs to free up wages got other positions but seems him more of an longer term player.

Isn’t it an admission you signed a player not good enough. Seemed a pointless signing at the time

Wales Online have produced 2 different 'reports' this afternoon which state we lost 0-2 today!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It's odd.
    Maybe MM needs to free up wages got other positions but seems him more of an longer term player.
    This is hard evidence that Gaz Bale is on his way. Saving Wintle's wages was the last piece of the jigsaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Isn’t it an admission you signed a player not good enough. Seemed a pointless signing at the time
    Not really, Chelsea have made a lot of money doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This is hard evidence that Gaz Bale is on his way. Saving Wintle's wages was the last piece of the jigsaw!
    Still no number 9 lol

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online have produced 2 different 'reports' this afternoon which state we lost 0-2 today!
    Based on the one I read, it felt like they thought own goals don’t count.

As for Wintle, I wonder if he,and/or his family, have had trouble settling in South Wales?

You are comparing Chelsea with Cardiff City? Seriously?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No not really, I'm pointing out that teams buy players and loan them out straight away frequently in the hope they progress and increase in value.
    No reason Wintle couldn't have a good season and become a bigger asset. Just comparing a process obviously at a small lower level
    Sorry I wasn't clearer, I thought most would get the point.

Seriously, you think we signed him to loan him back out? I don’t think we’re operating the same policy as Chelsea!

We desperately need Wintle to be a good Championship CM next season for us.

If this improves chances of that happening, and we remain top half, then it's a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Seriously, you think we signed him to loan him back out? I don’t think we’re operating the same policy as Chelsea!
    No I think we probably planned on moving others on and he would be more involved with Bowen now and as MM said it was with an eye on next season when a few are out of contract.

I don't think getting getting someone on a free at a good age and loaning them out is such a bad move assuming they are covering his wages.

Jeez I thought people had enough about them to see the Chelsea reference wasn't a direct reference, I give people to much credit clearly

How did you reach that conclusion?

No I think we probably planned on moving others on and he would be more involved with Bowen now and as MM said it was with an eye on next season when a few are out of contract.

I don't think getting getting someone on a free at a good age and loaning them out is such a bad move assuming they are covering his wages.

Jeez I thought people had enough about them to see the Chelsea reference wasn't a direct reference, I give people to much credit clearly
    I don't get the smug replies either. Got what you meant immediately

Glad at least some got it :)

Glad at least some got it :)
    I got it. You were comparing Chelsea to Cardiff. Couldn’t miss it.

You're an arse at times.

Haha you sound like Peter Ridsdale.

Others got it but nevermind.

We also got D’Almeida who looks a good defensive midfielder not a wing back.

we've picked him up on a free, looks a decent prospect.
    hasn't managed to force his way Inn front of the currebt incumbents yet, so better he gets some game time at this level somewhere else.
    with other new players like sang, Bagan, Colwill, McGuiness etc getting some game time I guess that Mick McCarthy doesn't want to have too many inexperienced in the side at one time, which could limit his opportunities here at this time.
    if he is a bit at Blackpool then maybe he will come back at January or in the summer and be first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we've picked him up on a free, looks a decent prospect.
    hasn't managed to force his way Inn front of the currebt incumbents yet, so better he gets some game time at this level somewhere else.
    with other new players like sang, Bagan, Colwill, McGuiness etc getting some game time I guess that Mick McCarthy doesn't want to have too many inexperienced in the side at one time, which could limit his opportunities here at this time.
    if he is a bit at Blackpool then maybe he will come back at January or in the summer and be first choice.
    Option of a recall in January as well I read.

I did tho k it strange at first, but the more I think about it it actually makes sense.

Mick on Wintle: ‘I brought him in with a view for this season, but Marlon and Rallsy have been great, Vaulksy played all bar two or three games last year and the emergence of Sam Bowen. He needs to be playing. He’s not yet played in the Championship, so it’s a good opportunity.’

https://twitter.com/VFTNinian/status...16410158469125
    Most pleasing thing about this move is that Bowen is being seen as a CM despite playing RWB for a period in pre-season and League Cup.

of course this means the inevitable return of "Loan watch"

The decision to sign Wintle and then almost immediately loan him to Blackpool is looking more bizarre by the day.

Blackpool are now above City in the Championship table. Meanwhile, McCarthy's midfield options continue to look grim.