+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV recommendations?

TV recommendations?

Ultra HD, oled, qled….anyone one know a decent one around £500-£800?

Re: TV recommendations?

It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of size of screen, your input sources and what sort of stuff you want on screen.
    For example:
    - below a 50inch screen you aren't going to see the benefit of UHD.
    - If you will primarily be using sources below UHD on a UHD screen then the processing becomes more important which will "push" you towards Sony.
    - If you watch a lot of dark (visually) content then you need OLED rather than QLED.

Breaking Bad
    The Witcher
    The Office US
    Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Breaking Bad
    The Witcher
    The Office US
    Stranger Things
    nice lol

HDMI 2.1 is where it’s now for 4k gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of size of screen, your input sources and what sort of stuff you want on screen.
    For example:
    - below a 50inch screen you aren't going to see the benefit of UHD.
    - If you will primarily be using sources below UHD on a UHD screen then the processing becomes more important which will "push" you towards Sony.
    - If you watch a lot of dark (visually) content then you need OLED rather than QLED.
    Cheers…probably get a 55 inch….my current HD LG 46 inch is quite dark and not a great picture if you sit to the side, prob only cost about 400 mind so I guess you get what you pay for. Kids prob watch it most as I hardly watch f all TV…

Breaking Bad. Yes
    The Witcher dunno
    The Office US. Nah
    Stranger Things. Too boring

Just watching the hand maid which is quite dark

I have this one

the picture is great the Roku backend works well, sound is good enough, we are well pleased and I will put the slightly larger one in the " mancave" , the 65" is only a extra 100 quid

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8999...ch%20tv:8:66:2

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have this one

the picture is great the Roku backend works well, sound is good enough, we are well pleased and I will put the slightly larger one in the " mancave" , the 65" is only a extra 100 quid

Cheers Matt I didn’t think I’d get a decent one for that price, I’ve not heard of that make even…..not that I’m big into my TVs as no doubt most can tell from this thread what’s roku?
    Sound decent enough? As long as sponge Bob looks good I guess I’m ok..

If you were to get a television I would go the richer sounds in canton. They know their stuff and won't rip you off with unnecessary extras

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    If you were to get a television I would go the richer sounds in canton. They know their stuff and won't rip you off with unnecessary extras
    I did last time….basic LG Tv but not so great…6 year warranty mind

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    And unlike the likes of Currys PC World they know their stuff .

Breaking Bad
    The Witcher
    The Office US (garbage imo)
    Stranger Things
    You forgot the British version of Friends

ARGOS , own brand Alba

Cheap , switches on and off

If you buy from Richer Sounds, Currys or John Lewis make sure you are happy with it in the first week or two. They will replace / refund if you are not happy with it.

I have an amazing telly. 65 inch LG NanoCell. Fitted to the wall, 4K, UHD etc etc

BUT

When watching the football or cricket when the camera pans left to right and back there are feint lines down the screen at about 30% intervals. It appears to be the panel of the TV. I only noticed it after about 60 days (as football had been suspended when we bought it), so out of the return window. Currys did replace the panel (so they say) as a goodwill gesture, but in my view it's still an issue.

The family don't notice it, but I do. My eyes are drawn to it. I think my eyesight is being too fussy. For some stuff the picture is so good you feel you could shake hands with the person on the screen, the picture is so perfect. But sometimes, and just sometimes I'm bothered by the imperfection.

20210827_201105651_iOS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    If you buy from Richer Sounds, Currys or John Lewis make sure you are happy with it in the first week or two. They will replace / refund if you are not happy with it.

I have an amazing telly. 65 inch LG NanoCell. Fitted to the wall, 4K, UHD etc etc

BUT

When watching the football or cricket when the camera pans left to right and back there are feint lines down the screen at about 30% intervals. It appears to be the panel of the TV. I only noticed it after about 60 days (as football had been suspended when we bought it), so out of the return window. Currys did replace the panel (so they say) as a goodwill gesture, but in my view it's still an issue.

The family don't notice it, but I do. My eyes are drawn to it. I think my eyesight is being too fussy. For some stuff the picture is so good you feel you could shake hands with the person on the screen, the picture is so perfect. But sometimes, and just sometimes I'm bothered by the imperfection.

20210827_201105651_iOS.jpg
    Looks nice , not cheap though those NanoCell's.

I am aware Sony used to buy in LG screens .

I've got a LG TV not so posh as yours well impressed, the wi fi connectivity is very good .

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have this one

That's a rokuing good price

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's a rokuing good price
    Yeah think I’m going to go for this….it will do the job
    Cheers for all some good advice as ever

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cheers Matt I didn’t think I’d get a decent one for that price, I’ve not heard of that make even…..not that I’m big into my TVs as no doubt most can tell from this thread what’s roku?
    Sound decent enough? As long as sponge Bob looks good I guess I’m ok..
    Hisense are a Chinese brand, state owned I believe , big sponsors of the last Olympics

Roku is a US company, they make streaming box's ( actually make the NowTV streaming stick / Box ) they started by building Netflix's first streaming box and were partly owned by Netflix

In the US both companies launched these TV's and they sold well

had ours for 20 months now, its not missed a beat

Whatever tv you end up with also get yourself a soundbar to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whatever tv you end up with also get yourself a soundbar to go with it.
    For sure….can I connect my sonos to it? Got a three and a one….

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    ARGOS , own brand Alba

Cheap , switches on and off
    Basic Barry