+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free Legal Advice

Free Legal Advice

Anyone know where you can get some free initial legal advice, other than the CAB? I seem to recall, some years ago admittedly, that firms would give you 30/60 minutes, the rest was on the clock.

Re: Free Legal Advice

Most I have encountered will offer 30 mins free, it's usually on an exploratory basis so both sides can figure out if it's worth proceeding.

One of my clients is David W Harris & Co. I’ve had an initial chat with them a couple of times previously and they are very good.

Riverside Advice in Cardiff can give you basic advice on a number of subjects

Cardiff Law Centre ?

Citizens advice website has a page called something like "free and affordable legal help" which provides different potential options of, well you can guess.

Walesbales he seemed to know everything about anything. Seriously though, good luck to the OP in finding what he needs.

Depends what field of expertise you want really - Criminal, Employment, Family etc.
    I have a friend who swears by Capital Law in Cardiff.
    CCFC are using them too - but I’m not sure if that something to go on?

It's a consumer law issue and I have some experience of this working for chains - It's a matter of principle and I plan to represent myself at the small claims court, but I want to check a few bits out.

I just hate the way that some businesses can at times take the piss and take a so what attitude, really winds me up.

Thanks for the replies.

My experience is unless you’ve actually suffered financial loss there isn’t a claim to pursue.
    Although frustrating matters of principle are best “outed” on Social Media.
    Businesses absolutely hate bad publicity- air your grievances on Twitter- you’ll be surprised at the response 🤔👍

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    One of my clients is David W Harris & Co. I’ve had an initial chat with them a couple of times previously and they are very good.
    They are excellent.