Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
On the surface, of course he was crap, but at the time we were a basket case of a club… arguably the laughing stock of football at that time…In my opinion his biggest mistake was coming here in the first place (I’m sure Ferguson is on record of advising him against taking the job). Talking of Ferguson… it seems like he’s still an advocate… I can’t imagine he didn’t have some sort of say in Solksjaer’s appointment.

Anyone would have been crap here…we were a shit Premier League team (both times). He’s very obviously talented… a business that size wouldn’t make that appointment without appropriate due diligence… the 3 manager’s before him were no mugs and he’s doing better than all 3 of them as well as their playing style being far more attractive…

As for us?… well, we’re beautiful to watch aren’t we and have got progressively more stylish each year since his departure 😢
We were far from a basket case of a club.

Malky got us promoted.

Ole was given a decent budget.

As for a laughing stock we had one of the best atmospheres ever seen in the PL v Man City which was widely talked about.

The stick from other fans on the change of colour ranged from zero to tiny. Other football fans really didnt give a shit.

The other Man U legend really does have the basket case of a club argument to fall back on.

Slade did a better job than Ole.