+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ronaldo Back in the PL.

Ronaldo Back in the PL.

Re: Ronaldo Back in the PL.

"Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical.

"Everyone at the club looks forward to welcoming Cristiano back to Manchester."

Wouldnt mind Mason Greenwood on loan.😂

Strange how players want to sign for such a shit manager. They have for a decade now, and going on about it in the media, how talks with Ole was imperative. So strange, and so embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Strange how players want to sign for such a shit manager. They have for a decade now, and going on about it in the media, how talks with Ole was imperative. So strange, and so embarrassing.
    Well he will have no excuses now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Well he will have no excuses now.
    Don't worry he's probably got a long list of ready made excuses if Ole fails to win anything.

First Team

It’s only because he doesn’t have to play at a wet and windy Stoke on a Wednesday night!

Got to say that is a formidable set of forwards that Man Utd have this year.

I should imagine it's more about the club .

The lure of OGS - if only?

Have to give him credit where it's due. He ****ed up at Cardiff but the whole club was a circus at that point. He's obviously learnt from his mistakes and is a better manager now.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Have to give him credit where it's due. He ****ed up at Cardiff but the whole club was a circus at that point. He's obviously learnt from his mistakes and is a better manager now.
    Totally agree! He also seems a genuinely nice man and I wouldn’t begrudge him winning honours at Man U.
    Good luck to him!

What does he offer that Cavani doesn't? Surely if there is money to spend it's better to spend on base of midfield which currently looks okay but not best in premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What does he offer that Cavani doesn't? Surely if there is money to spend it's better to spend on base of midfield which currently looks okay but not best in premier League.
    He’s a much better player than Cavani and I’ve always rated Cavani.

Also Cavani will be travelling to South America 3 times before Christmas for internationals which mean he has to do 2 weeks isolation each time too.

They are desperate for a good dm though.

With Real reportedly forking out 150 million for a player you have to feel for those ESL clubs don’t you. It’s not going to happen, but I’d love a Leicester type Premier League winner this season - Arsenal getting relegated would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Some say “Cardiff” fecked him up. No one knows what he could do with his essembled squad.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I should imagine it's more about the club .
    Me to. Still, players have been reporting talks with Ole convinced them. Just like here.Remember, players backed him strongly at Cardiff as well.

Some say “Cardiff” fecked him up. No one knows what he could do with his essembled squad.
    Agree the tactical genius of putting on Adam Le Fondre then putting another striker on a couple of minutes later with a signal for Le Fondre to go wide was brilliant. I despaired looking at a confused Le Fondre with his arms out wide clearly having no clue at what he was supposed to do.

The blokes a genius.

Me to. Still, players have been reporting talks with Ole convinced them. Just like here.Remember, players backed him strongly at Cardiff as well.
    He is clearly a decent bloke

The problem with man united is that the fergie years means nothing is going to be good enough

They are behind the front runners now

I am not bothered but I think that's the reality

He offers stability. Winner mentality, such as Cavani, but a level above. He offers Twitter, newspapers all over the world top coverage and a huge income for the club. Cavani is hardly available till before Christmas, and then he has only 12 games in him. Ronaldo has the best goal scoring stats in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He is clearly a decent bloke

The problem with man united is that the fergie years means nothing is going to be good enough

They are behind the front runners now

I am not bothered but I think that's the reality
    Agree with that. They are behind, and probably fourth. But they where even further behind a few years back.

Realistic expectations have not been a trade of Man Utd for some years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree the tactical genius of putting on Adam Le Fondre then putting another striker on a couple of minutes later with a signal for Le Fondre to go wide was brilliant. I despaired looking at a confused Le Fondre with his arms out wide clearly having no clue at what he was supposed to do.

The blokes a genius.
    He was never put out wide. He was coming in the box from the side, rather than playing target. It is in books, if you’d like to catch up on the use of strikers and inside forwards. Who knows what would come of it. Not me, and certainly not you 😂

Not sure there is anything that Ronaldo wouldn't do better and that's not to say Cavani isn't a good player.

I agree in terms of budget though, going forward they already have options.

Feels a bit like it's just better than the alternative of Man City getting him.

I wonder who Man City will turn to now.

Ronaldo was going to sign for Man City until Fergie intervened.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ronaldo was going to sign for Man City until Fergie intervened.
    No, that was Adam Le Fondre. No bid was made, and according to Romano, no serious talks were held. Still, a decade of players believing in him. But not the die hard Cardiff Ciry fans! The highest profile manager ever at the club.. What’s next? Russel Slade to the premier league steady some ship?

No, that was Adam Le Fondre. No bid was made, and according to Romano, no serious talks were held. Still, a decade of players believing in him. But not the die hard Cardiff Ciry fans! The highest profile manager ever at the club.. What’s next? Russel Slade to the premier league steady some ship?
    Can you tell the large number of City fans, myself included, who think Ole was a poor manager of Cardiff City why we’re wrong in thinking that way? I’d also be very interested in hearing what Ole was trying to do tactically while he was with us.