+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ronaldo Back in the PL.

Re: Ronaldo Back in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    No, that was Adam Le Fondre. No bid was made, and according to Romano, no serious talks were held. Still, a decade of players believing in him. But not the die hard Cardiff Ciry fans! The highest profile manager ever at the club.. What’s next? Russel Slade to the premier league steady some ship?
    From what I can tell Ronaldo wanted to leave Juve and was having his agent speak to both Manchester clubs. No official bid was made until late today when Man City had already stepped aside.

Considering reaction of Man United fans to rumours of Ronaldo going to Man City and it eventually not happening I can see why the agreed story has become no serious talks were held with Man City but we don't know for sure.

Regarding Ole, not going to say he was a bad manager when he was here but he was a bad manager for us. Not sure how much he's improved since (only Luke Shaw is definitely a better player under him and only that PSG tie won on a Rashford penalty as unexpectedly good result) but he is trusted by high profile players - and now the pressure very much on to win finally win a major trophy.

No one yet has mentioned that Man City might have changed their mind about signing Ronaldo when the Mendy story broke and not wanting to double down on controversial headlines on the same subject.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can you tell the large number of City fans, myself included, who think Ole was a poor manager of Cardiff City why we’re wrong in thinking that way? I’d also be very interested in hearing what Ole was trying to do tactically while he was with us.
    Yes. You chose to neglect the chaos within the club. There where several report saying even within the club there where devisee between the red and blue. Ole was the first manager to speak about community to tan, and listening to the fans and their heritage. At the time, most of you thought we had a good team. Some of you thought we had gems in Caulker, Frashier and Mutch. We didn’t. We lost more than half our team going down, and it needed replacement. In the premier league Ole was given 7,5 million budget to save the train wreck from relegation. I’m sure Klopp couldn’t do it!

All his time here, he was switching and patching holes. Trying to fight the polarity within the club and finding a first 11 good enough. I’ve said this before, Ole has a clear vision on how to play football. He has written a seriously good piece on it once. But he is versatile enough to se he has to have the tools to do it. Just like he has shown at UTD. Would you be happy if he had set us up like Malay?

Squad and playing his way takes time.. More than seven games with players who needed guidance and time to gel.

Do you remember the Ben Turner interview? It’s a decade of players giving him credit mate. A decade. When can you lot admit you where wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    From what I can tell Ronaldo wanted to leave Juve and was having his agent speak to both Manchester clubs. No official bid was made until late today when Man City had already stepped aside.

Considering reaction of Man United fans to rumours of Ronaldo going to Man City and it eventually not happening I can see why the agreed story has become no serious talks were held with Man City but we don't know for sure.

Regarding Ole, not going to say he was a bad manager when he was here but he was a bad manager for us. Not sure how much he's improved since (only Luke Shaw is definitely a better player under him and only that PSG tie won on a Rashford penalty as unexpectedly good result) but he is trusted by high profile players - and now the pressure very much on to win finally win a major trophy.

No one yet has mentioned that Man City might have changed their mind about signing Ronaldo when the Mendy story broke and not wanting to double down on controversial headlines on the same subject.
    Ronaldo aside. Every player have given their tribute to Ole and his vision before signing. Latest Verane. It was the same at Cardiff. In 12 years, I have only read about one player not saying how good he is. And I have read Russel Slade spouse shit. And the leach Warnock trying to be cute.

No doubt expectations are high. Even for a squad behind Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. He most probably will fail. Still. The highest profile manager at Cardiff ever. If only patience, right?

What an incredible transfer window this could be.
    Messi to PSG
    Ronaldo to Man U
    Mendy to Strangeways.

Hope this means Ole's gaze on our 20 goal striker is now diverted for the time being ,let's prey CR7 stays fit .

With Real reportedly forking out 150 million for a player you have to feel for those ESL clubs don’t you. It’s not going to happen, but I’d love a Leicester type Premier League winner this season - Arsenal getting relegated would be nice as well.
    Real bidding £150 million for a player they could get for free in a year, and this from the same Perez who was pleading poverty as a reason for the ESL's foundation a few months back

Yes. You chose to neglect the chaos within the club. There where several report saying even within the club there where devisee between the red and blue. Ole was the first manager to speak about community to tan, and listening to the fans and their heritage. At the time, most of you thought we had a good team. Some of you thought we had gems in Caulker, Frashier and Mutch. We didn’t. We lost more than half our team going down, and it needed replacement. In the premier league Ole was given 7,5 million budget to save the train wreck from relegation. I’m sure Klopp couldn’t do it!

All his time here, he was switching and patching holes. Trying to fight the polarity within the club and finding a first 11 good enough. I’ve said this before, Ole has a clear vision on how to play football. He has written a seriously good piece on it once. But he is versatile enough to se he has to have the tools to do it. Just like he has shown at UTD. Would you be happy if he had set us up like Malay?

Squad and playing his way takes time.. More than seven games with players who needed guidance and time to gel.

Do you remember the Ben Turner interview? It’s a decade of players giving him credit mate. A decade. When can you lot admit you where wrong?
    Maybe your wrong and he was in fact a shit manager for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Maybe your wrong and he was in fact a shit manager for us.
    I am not wrong. I’m to orientated around facts. I’ll give you, once again, a direct quote from one of his team. “ We underestimated the depth of the trouble at the club”. Make of that what you want. If he learned from it? We all would. Or, should.

I am not wrong. I’m to orientated around facts. I’ll give you, once again, a direct quote from one of his team. “ We underestimated the depth of the trouble at the club”. Make of that what you want. If he learned from it? We all would. Or, should.
    Do you have nothing better to do than start arguments over whether a manager was crap 7 years ago?

Everyone’s moved on, he’s doing well at United and they now look like serious PL contenders. Why you pop up every few months with the exact same arguments is baffling (always revolves into whether Le Fondre on the wing was a good move or not).

Or you keep doing you, writing paragraphs about a club being relegated almost a decade ago, I’m sure that’s a good way to spend your time 👍

Man United were shite against Southampton last week because the manager doesn’t have a plan B ffs

I like solskjear, I think he’s doing ok at United but acting like he’s the second coming of fergie or something is bollocks.

Id like to see him do well but he is tactically limited and not on the same planet as a manager like Tuchel.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Do you have nothing better to do than start arguments over whether a manager was crap 7 years ago?

Everyone’s moved on, he’s doing well at United and they now look like serious PL contenders. Why you pop up every few months with the exact same arguments is baffling (always revolves into whether Le Fondre on the wing was a good move or not).

Or you keep doing you, writing paragraphs about a club being relegated almost a decade ago, I’m sure that’s a good way to spend your time 👍
    That’s a fair point, but to be fair he makes a more robust argument for him than the detractors do against him

Ole was clueless here.

Probably still clueless but has good people under him so he doesn’t mess up

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ole was clueless here.

Probably still clueless but has good people under him so he doesn’t mess up
    Or above in ie Ferguson.

He was clueless. Relegated and clueless the next season. FFS we had to get Slade in to steady the mess hed created.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s a fair point, but to be fair he makes a more robust argument for him than the detractors do against him
    Really like what.? He relegated us and we were doing crap in the Championship under him.

He was useless for us. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Really like what.? He relegated us and we were doing crap in the Championship under him.

He was useless for us. Thats it.
    Solskjaer was responsible for the most disorganised City team I ever saw (and yes I was there in the 90s). Hull and Palace at home, if I remember rightly, were the low points. After a rare clean sheet against villa, he changed three of the back five for the next game.

His record since doesn't change history, and that he was awful while he was here.

On the surface, of course he was crap, but at the time we were a basket case of a club… arguably the laughing stock of football at that time…In my opinion his biggest mistake was coming here in the first place (I’m sure Ferguson is on record of advising him against taking the job). Talking of Ferguson… it seems like he’s still an advocate… I can’t imagine he didn’t have some sort of say in Solksjaer’s appointment.

Anyone would have been crap here…we were a shit Premier League team (both times). He’s very obviously talented… a business that size wouldn’t make that appointment without appropriate due diligence… the 3 manager’s before him were no mugs and he’s doing better than all 3 of them as well as their playing style being far more attractive…

As for us?… well, we’re beautiful to watch aren’t we and have got progressively more stylish each year since his departure 😢

I can't believe Man City wouldn't pony up £20M for Ronaldo. They don't have many options up front.

You judge the three players by using what happened after they left us against him and you big up Ole based on what he’s done since he left us. With the players and Ole, you’re not judging them by what they did in the first nine months of 2014.

All any of that does is confirm that it was a tough job he took on, but his record, in the Premier League in Mackay’s case and Championship in Slade’s case, was worse than the men who came before and after him. You denigrate Mutch, Caulker and Campbell, but the first named was good for us that season we sold him at a profit, Caulker had his off field issues and was not perfect on it, but he didn’t do badly and we got our money back oh him, while Campbell did okay I thought under the circumstances and we got our money back on him when Palace matched a release clause in his cootract. How many of the multitude of players Ole brought in did we sell at a profit or the fee we paid for them?

Sorry, but your srgument regarding his tactics comes over as feeble, but, to be fair, I’d say it’s hard to appear anything else given the overwhelming evidence you have to argue against.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't believe Man City wouldn't pony up £20M for Ronaldo. They don't have many options up front.
    I think they were interested, but as soon as Man Utd showed their hand it was a no brainer for Ronaldo. MC I think are looking for a longer term replacement for Aguero and only Kane or Haaland really fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    On the surface, of course he was crap, but at the time we were a basket case of a club… arguably the laughing stock of football at that time…In my opinion his biggest mistake was coming here in the first place (I’m sure Ferguson is on record of advising him against taking the job). Talking of Ferguson… it seems like he’s still an advocate… I can’t imagine he didn’t have some sort of say in Solksjaer’s appointment.

Anyone would have been crap here…we were a shit Premier League team (both times). He’s very obviously talented… a business that size wouldn’t make that appointment without appropriate due diligence… the 3 manager’s before him were no mugs and he’s doing better than all 3 of them as well as their playing style being far more attractive…

As for us?… well, we’re beautiful to watch aren’t we and have got progressively more stylish each year since his departure 😢
    We were far from a basket case of a club.

Malky got us promoted.

Ole was given a decent budget.

As for a laughing stock we had one of the best atmospheres ever seen in the PL v Man City which was widely talked about.

The stick from other fans on the change of colour ranged from zero to tiny. Other football fans really didnt give a shit.

The other Man U legend really does have the basket case of a club argument to fall back on.

Slade did a better job than Ole.

After the announcement by Man United

• The club's official website crashed
    • His announcement tweet got a million likes in an hour
    • The club's stock rose by 8%, value $250M

All any of that does is confirm that it was a tough job he took on, but his record, in the Premier League in Mackay’s case and Championship in Slade’s case, was worse than the men who came before and after him. You denigrate Mutch, Caulker and Campbell, but the first named was good for us that season we sold him at a profit, Caulker had his off field issues and was not perfect on it, but he didn’t do badly and we got our money back oh him, while Campbell did okay I thought under the circumstances and we got our money back on him when Palace matched a release clause in his cootract. How many of the multitude of players Ole brought in did we sell at a profit or the fee we paid for them?

Sorry, but your srgument regarding his tactics comes over as feeble, but, to be fair, I’d say it’s hard to appear anything else given the overwhelming evidence you have to argue against.
    Isn’t it strange only one player have supported your view. Being Craig Bellamy. Players want to play for him, and I’m sure they wouldn’t if you where even half way right.

The fire sale after Ole left is on the club. And the club has not progressed since.

Isn’t it strange only one player have supported your view. Being Craig Bellamy. Players want to play for him, and I’m sure they wouldn’t if you where even half way right.

The fire sale after Ole left is on the club. And the club has not progressed since.
    😂😂😂

He’s tactically naive players wanted to play for him in the championship because he was a big name player.

I hope he does well, he’s got a good enough team. But they’ve had 2 matches this season. One against an average Leeds team missing their best player and then against an average Southampton side who outplayed them and the manager did nothing to remedy it.

Fire sale? Half the players he signed had to be given away for free because he signed them to do a favour for his agent pal.

I still remember that game against Norwich where we managed to **** up a 3-0 lead because his game management was non existent.