+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Ramsey's being 'classy' just like Bamba....and a score of others before them...

So Ramsey's being 'classy' just like Bamba....and a score of others before them...

Use of the word 'classy' when a footballer says something genuine or nice or well meant drives me nuts.

It's as if they're regarded as sub-normal in most of what they say, so some half decent words strung together needs to be reported and applauded as if it's out of the ordinary or unexpected.

Tired or lazy journalism if you ask me.

Re: So Ramsey's being 'classy' just like Bamba....and a score of others before them...

OK.

Re: So Ramsey's being 'classy' just like Bamba....and a score of others before them...

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    OK.

Is that the best you can do, Bill?

Classy is a poor choice of word to describe someone's behavior in my opinion. It's used a lot in this country.

whats Ramsey done? classy or not!

What’s wrong with the word “classy”? I think “classy” is fine for describing, say, Ramsey’s responses to Piers Morgan’s criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Use of the word 'classy' when a footballer says something genuine or nice or well meant drives me nuts.

It's as if they're regarded as sub-normal in most of what they say, so some half decent words strung together needs to be reported and applauded as if it's out of the ordinary or unexpected.

I'd have to agree, or being held up on a pedestal for taking the time to give fans their shirts etc. You'd think they all had the persona of a ruthless dictator and them showing any sign of human emotion is unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I'd have to agree, or being held up on a pedestal for taking the time to give fans their shirts etc. You'd think they all had the persona of a ruthless dictator and them showing any sign of human emotion is unheard of.
    So the fact that they’re footballers means that they can’t do off pitch things that can be described as classy?

Because if you’re that rich that young it’s easy to be a knob.

I know I was one in my early 20s and a few million pound would have made me a lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So the fact that they’re footballers means that they can’t do off pitch things that can be described as classy?
    Not at all but the gushing over a simple act of kindness is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    whats Ramsey done? classy or not!
    Presumably, it’s this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...tiano-21424107

Lot of fuss about nothing in my opinion.

Cowbridge Blue, your posts are always a source of knowledge, not to mention, thought provoking. If MM transfers you over to one of the more Inferior sites, then I wish you and your family all the very best. Legend.

Try and say that's not classy, Eh..

Walesonline " the 2 footballing superstars" 😂😂😂 But its the term classy thats been brought up.

Now it's Matthew Davies of WOL : https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...shirt-21450742

Sorry, Davies is the journalist - it's Daniel James that's being quoted