+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you....

Would you....

have had a problem of we had kicked off and scored while Bristol City were still in their huddle? I'd have been fine with it.

Re: Would you....

Even if the ref would have pulled it back We should have kicked off anyway to gee up the crowd even more

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Even if the ref would have pulled it back We should have kicked off anyway to gee up the crowd even more
    The ref had blown the whistle to start the game. On what grounds would he call it back?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The ref had blown the whistle to start the game. On what grounds would he call it back?
    I don't think he would have any grounds to do so, but I think he would have.

I agree though, we should have kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    have had a problem of we had kicked off and scored while Bristol City were still in their huddle? I'd have been fine with it.
    Yes, bad sportsmanship and hollow goal

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yes, bad sportsmanship and hollow goal
    So the ref, who is in charge of the game, is overruled by a team not listening to his whistle? That's fine then, but is playing on when the signal to play is given is bad sportsmanship.. But huddling in a circle after the whistle has been blown, to put off the opposition is ok.

You're a special one at times eh

would have absolutely loved it

Would have been amazing.

We would miss!

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    We would miss!

We would miss!
    We wouldn't have played straight down the middle, instead taking our time to ensure we pass the ball out wide for the cross..meaning defenders got back into position and the threat was already gone..

What would have been funny, is if the ref booked all 11 of them for time wasting

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We wouldn't have played straight down the middle, instead taking our time to ensure we pass the ball out wide for the cross..meaning defenders got back into position and the threat was already gone..
    I think it may have gone back to the goalie first

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What would have been funny, is if the ref booked all 11 of them for time wasting
    What would be funny is of the ref carded them when they were fouling us..

I think it may have gone back to the goalie first

Just part of them delaying the game really. Like them taking half-steps and trying to shake hands with the ref when walking off the pitch.

Still, their fans will point out the irony in us moaning about another side slowing the game down.