+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

What the **** has happened to this guy?

He was never this bad a footballer when he first broke through. I know he had Whitt’s alongside him but he used to have time on the ball. Play with his head up.

Now he just treats the ball like a hot potato. It’s pitiful to watch. Too many years under Warnock I think. Absolutely shocking.

Re: Joe Ralls

It’s All on Ole! He brought him through from the under 23’s, and playing him ahead of Wolff.

What has happened to Joe Ralls? The answer is Neil Warnock, Neil Harris and Mick McCarthy.

Tom Sang, step on up.

I really thought he was the real deal when he broke through, I still prefer him to the likes of Bacuna and Vaulks but yeah I feel. We have to many similar players in midfield sadly.

I've said it before about Ralls - he's one-paced, gets on the wrong side of his man in the tackle, lacks composure and doesn't have a great footballing brain.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I really thought he was the real deal when he broke through, I still prefer him to the likes of Bacuna and Vaulks but yeah I feel. We have to many similar players in midfield sadly.
    He was! But he has been suffering with taktics from 1980 since.. Didn’t capitalise on hoof ball and develop. His movement and passing is all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    It’s All on Ole! He brought him through from the under 23’s, and playing him ahead of Wolff.
    Wrong thread mate

He was! But he has been suffering with taktics from 1980 since.. Didn’t capitalise on hoof ball and develop. His movement and passing is all gone.
    Jesus belly you don't half hold a grudge and keep on. Give it a rest mukk.

Thought the midfield wasn’t the problem today - why do people keep on saying we have a good defence?

I think Ralls is sometimes rather unfairly maligned by our fan base and would be a nailed on starter in many championship sides but must admit he seems to have lost his way, especially the last 2 seasons. I would still pick him ahead of Bacuna and Vaulks though

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Plain truth!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nelly 👀😂

In English?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought the midfield wasn’t the problem today - why do people keep on saying we have a good defence?
    Come on TOBW they did naff all.

No bite no creativity no pace

I usually think Ralls is one of our better performers post-game. And I don't have too many complaints today. He is what he is. He works hard and does a decent job. I don't think this squad is as limited as most on here do. I think a different manager could get more out of them. I don't believe for one second anyone could bring consistency to that end, but I think some of our players would thrive if they were allowed to improvise a bit more. Our build-up play was decent today, but far too obvious. Get it out wide and get it to the right man to make the final ball. We waste too much time in the corners of the pitch trying to set up the cross. It allows defences to organise.

I think it's wrong to pick on individual players.

The problem is the system, Mick's inability to start with an attacking mindset and formation, an appalling use of subs and the lack of ball carriers and flair players.

Again we started with 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders.. at home. Arguably also Bacuna and Giles are, before this season, more defensive players. So imagine at home starting with 10 defensive minded players. Bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think it's wrong to pick on individual players.

The problem is the system, Mick's inability to start with an attacking mindset and formation, an appalling use of subs and the lack of ball carriers and flair players.

Again we started with 5 at the back and two defensive midfielders.. at home. Arguably also Bacuna and Giles are, before this season, more defensive players. So imagine at home starting with 10 defensive minded players. Bonkers.
    We play with 1 genuine attacking player. It's shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Come on TOBW they did naff all.

No bite no creativity no pace
    So the defence, as usual, gets off Scot free? I doubt if anyone has moaned more about our midfield than me in the last two years, but I think Pack and Ralls have been playing quite well lately - I didn’t see us lumping it too much today either, I thought we didn’t do well at either end of the pitch today.

Ralls is our best midfielder but he himself is just average. Our midfield has been a problem for a few seasons, need some creativity and someone who can boss a midfield

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In English?
    You failed to recognise Ralls talent and attributes and the way we have been playing since he broke through? It has never been to his strength. And he didn’t develop his skills. What can I say 🤷*♂️

If you don’t remember what it was, it was energy, travel with the ball an 20 yards quick passes. And creativity.

You failed to recognise Ralls talent and attributes and the way we have been playing since he broke through? It has never been to his strength. And he didn’t develop his skills. What can I say ��*♂️

If you don’t remember what it was, it was energy, travel with the ball an 20 yards quick passes. And creativity.
    No none of that. Just your post was incoherent gibberish. Thanks for trying to explain it.

I haven't seen the game today but for me Ralls has done little in a long cardiff career. I cant remember one game where he been the best player on the pitch.

I think the midfield has been weak for years and id personally have ralls behind vaulks, pack and bacuna. However there is little to choose between any of them.

Perhaps this is the problem but I thought Ralls was our best player today. I certainly don't think he is the reason we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So the defence, as usual, gets off Scot free? I doubt if anyone has moaned more about our midfield than me in the last two years, but I think Pack and Ralls have been playing quite well lately - I didn’t see us lumping it too much today either, I thought we didn’t do well at either end of the pitch today.
    I don’t think anyone deserves over a 6 today and even that’s generous

No one is beyond criticism

As for Ralls he’s gone backwards. Not only has he lost a yard of pace he’s lost a yard of vision. He’s picked up this weird habit of taking the ball and having a split second extra too long where he doesn’t know what to do before doing something. I can’t explain it but it just looks clunky

He’s not fast enough to be combative and not intelligent enough to play in the pocket. We’ve got a midfield of workhorses but he’s not quick enough to be a good workhorse.