+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ralls

Re: Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Perhaps this is the problem but I thought Ralls was our best player today. I certainly don't think he is the reason we lost.
    I think thats the issue with our side.

Id have given Ralls mom today as well. But thats doing what our last few managers want. Running round tackling but very little creativity though he has a good set piece delivery in him.

I dont think anyone is suggesting Ralls is the reason we lost though. But has any creativity been coached out of him?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So the defence, as usual, gets off Scot free? I doubt if anyone has moaned more about our midfield than me in the last two years, but I think Pack and Ralls have been playing quite well lately - I didn’t see us lumping it too much today either, I thought we didn’t do well at either end of the pitch today.
    I agree with this 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think it's wrong to pick on individual players.

The problem is the system, Mick's inability to start with an attacking mindset and formation, an appalling use of subs and the lack of ball carriers and flair players.

Again we started with 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders.. at home. Arguably also Bacuna and Giles are, before this season, more defensive players. So imagine at home starting with 10 defensive minded players. Bonkers.
    Why is it wrong to pick out performances? Professional footballers that use the ball like a live grenade? I think if it isn't unnecessary abuse then it's fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No none of that. Just your post was incoherent gibberish. Thanks for trying to explain it.
    😂 Sure.. Ralls have been a first team player for a decade. No one has played to his strengths or developed him. Im not surprised it’s called “gibberish”, and we haven’t moved an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    😂 Sure.. Ralls have been a first team player for a decade. No one has played to his strengths or developed him. Im not surprised it’s called “gibberish”, and we haven’t moved an inch.
    We can blame manager influence, but he's also responsible for looking after himself and his career as well. He's a grown man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    �� Sure.. Ralls have been a first team player for a decade. No one has played to his strengths or developed him. Im not surprised it’s called “gibberish”, and we haven’t moved an inch.
    No, let me try again.

'Your post was incoherent gibberish' does not refer to Joe Ralls' playing style, his strengths, attributes, skills, energy or anything else of that sort.

It refers to your mangled use of words and your garbled construction of sentences.

Maybe you chose all the right words, but you didn't necessarily to put them in the right order (to misquote the great Eric Morcambe)?

Anyway, thanks again for your latest attempt to explain your thinking. Maybe if you studied OGS as bit more (if that is possible) you would get less tangled in alphabet soup. He would also show you the approved method of speaking in football cliches. Worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We can blame manager influence, but he's also responsible for looking after himself and his career as well. He's a grown man.
    All the managers weve had have cleary seen Ralls has vital to their teams.

Hes doing what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All the managers weve had have cleary seen Ralls has vital to their teams.

Hes doing what they want.
    Of course he is.

That still doesn't mean he should all of a sudden be a player who's shit scared of the ball.

Why is it wrong to pick out performances? Professional footballers that use the ball like a live grenade? I think if it isn't unnecessary abuse then it's fair game.
    I think our team, as a collective, aren't good enough, aren't being coached well, are playing in an awful system and the balance of the team isn't right.

I don't think anyone had a very poor game today. I just think collectively we are poor for the above reasons.

I would rate all players a 5 today, the manager and formation a 1.

I didn't think Ralls was our worst player but we are expecting him and the rest of the team to do something that the system and their own ability won't allow. Mick had the opportunity in this transfer window to inject some pace, passing and creativity with a few signings and that would have helped the whole team. He didn't and we are suffering for it.

So I stick by my point that I think it IS unfair to pick on individuals for today's performance. There will be of course other games where that would be appropriate, but today highlighted collective weaknesses.

Of course he is.

That still doesn't mean he should all of a sudden be a player who's shit scared of the ball.
    I dont think he is. Dont get this he always seems to want it and is available for a pass.

The execution is the issue.

Warnock'isms:

- Pack heading the ball to go behind him without looking to see what was there.

- Ralls seeing wurzel's on the break decides to pull him down despite having a defensive number advantage and consequence is cheap booking and slowing the game down. City's attacking momentum lost but completing the task of slowing the game down.

Ralls was much better than Pack today, except for last 20 minutes, with the latter looking far below his average so far this season, but when Pack goes forward it leaves Ralls too isolated because...

But should the defence get away without criticism? Other teams playing 3 at the back allow a player to step forward into midfield which we can't do because that player is Flint. He's usually got the easiest role on the pitch but that's because he's only doing part of the job of his position requires.

I think our team, as a collective, aren't good enough, aren't being coached well, are playing in an awful system and the balance of the team isn't right.

I don't think anyone had a very poor game today. I just think collectively we are poor for the above reasons.

I would rate all players a 5 today, the manager and formation a 1.

I didn't think Ralls was our worst player but we are expecting him and the rest of the team to do something that the system and their own ability won't allow. Mick had the opportunity in this transfer window to inject some pace, passing and creativity with a few signings and that would have helped the whole team. He didn't and we are suffering for it.

So I stick by my point that I think it IS unfair to pick on individuals for today's performance. There will be of course other games where that would be appropriate, but today highlighted collective weaknesses.
    Well I don't, nobody is bashing the players and I doubt Mick says to players to treat the ball like a hot potato

I don't like our system either and I think Mick is terrible at game management, but individuals need to be held accountable.

For me I don’t think it’s even that we lack the ability to pass. We just don’t move to show for the ball whatsoever. This leaves the only option a percentage ball into the channel or to our strikers head.

I have no idea what our tactics are. If the plan is get crosses in the box then we need wingers who can cross for that.

If the plan is to develop our passing and hold the ball more , then let’s move , fast crisp passing to move their players around and create space.

If we are going to hit it long , then let’s get players around more , and run off him and behind. At the times today he was completely isolated.

No, let me try again.

'Your post was incoherent gibberish' does not refer to Joe Ralls' playing style, his strengths, attributes, skills, energy or anything else of that sort.

It refers to your mangled use of words and your garbled construction of sentences.

Maybe you chose all the right words, but you didn't necessarily to put them in the right order (to misquote the great Eric Morcambe)?

Anyway, thanks again for your latest attempt to explain your thinking. Maybe if you studied OGS as bit more (if that is possible) you would get less tangled in alphabet soup. He would also show you the approved method of speaking in football cliches. Worth a try?
    🤣 And here you are. Not moving an inch.. for close to a decade.. here is a clishe! To understand your future, you first have to understand your past 😘

No biggie today, he played exactly how he normally plays.

Gets the ball, turns into space and passes it.
    Offers himself like he really wants it to try and create something, may play a telling ball once in a while, but often does very little.

Pops up in areas with space to receive the ball within shooting range and invariably splays it sideways, though he might have a shot but it is usually rather tame.

I am not "bashing" the guy but Joe unfortunately is an up and down box to box midfielder and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No biggie today, he played exactly how he normally plays.

Gets the ball, turns into space and passes it.
    Offers himself like he really wants it to try and create something, may play a telling ball once in a while, but often does very little.

Pops up in areas with space to receive the ball within shooting range and invariably splays it sideways, though he might have a shot but it is usually rather tame.

I am not "bashing" the guy but Joe unfortunately is an up and down box to box midfielder and nothing more.
    Nothing wrong with him being one, but he used to have a bit of composure on the ball once upon a time.

No, let me try again.

If this bloke isn't a wind up, which I strongly believe he is, then hasn't he said that he's Norwegian? If so, it's a bloody decent attempt in my opinion. Although I'm betting his name is Phil and he lives in gabalfa.

Well I don't, nobody is bashing the players and I doubt Mick says to players to treat the ball like a hot potato

I don't like our system either and I think Mick is terrible at game management, but individuals need to be held accountable.
    It's all about opinions

I think most of us agree though that we aren't a good footballing side and look much worse than Mick's Cardiff side of last season.

It's all about opinions

I think most of us agree though that we aren't a good footballing side and look much worse than Mick's Cardiff side of last season.
    That we do.

Nothing wrong with opinions either, hence us both having one on this thread

I think you’re both on the money. All I would do is take out AfricanBluebird’s last paragraph, replace it with your last paragraph and it’s a perfect summary. I’m big on personal responsibility; that includes both manager and individual performances. Some of the basics from MM and the players was woeful.

The starting 11 was a mess. The formation was a mess. We played down the right hand side with Giles for most of the first half. Nothing to offer on the left. No switching play. Nothing through the middle and no precision to exploit our limited attacking options. Don’t know what it was like on TV but up close and personal it was pretty shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think you’re both on the money. All I would do is take out AfricanBluebird’s last paragraph, replace it with your last paragraph and it’s a perfect summary. I’m big on personal responsibility; that includes both manager and individual performances. Some of the basics from MM and the players was woeful.

The starting 11 was a mess. The formation was a mess. We played down the right hand side with Giles for most of the first half. Nothing to offer on the left. No switching play. Nothing through the middle and no precision to exploit our limited attacking options. Don’t know what it was like on TV but up close and personal it was pretty shocking.
    Baby steps, they can't pass it 20 yards let's not start them on switching the play just yet!!

He's fulfilled his potential and his engine of motivation has gone ,he's a decent midfielder who perhaps needs a refresh at another club , it's a bit like a long term relationship it wains .

Baby steps, they can't pass it 20 yards let's not start them on switching the play just yet!!
    Fair point. My bad 🥺😎

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

We were garbage today, it was painful to watch at times, no passion, no creativity and certainly no accountability, Phillips was at fault for the first goal what was he thinking??, Nelson is not a Championship player and I'm not sure how Bacuna was on the pitch from the start and why it took so long to sub him?
    We had a local derby today and could have gone top of the table albeit briefly , if Mick thinks any of that performance today was acceptable then he's in the wrong job!!!
    He set the side up and picked the formation and used the subs as he saw fit!
    The full responsibility for that shite today was down to him and him alone, if he couldn't see how ineffective some of his players were today, then it's time to go.
    It didn't work, it's boring to watch and I really hope we can get a proper coach in who not only can get players passing to one another, but can actually make it entertaining to watch.
    Harris, and Micks style of football belong in the dark ages.
    Absolute shite today

Sorry but I think you all exaggerate the City’s failings, as you are entitled to as fans of course. Will stay off this message board for a while as the negativity depresses me! Good luck all for now.