+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ralls

Re: Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If this bloke isn't a wind up, which I strongly believe he is, then hasn't he said that he's Norwegian? If so, it's a bloody decent attempt in my opinion. Although I'm betting his name is Phil and he lives in gabalfa.
    Well it's either a wind up or Ole himself

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well it's either a wind up or Ole himself
    Probably ole, although this bloke hasn't changed his mind three times in the space of a week, so maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I haven't seen the game today but for me Ralls has done little in a long cardiff career. I cant remember one game where he been the best player on the pitch.

How bout this one https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50190746

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yup, that was a good day at the office for Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    hands down the worst weather i've ever experienced down a cardiff game. could have swam back to the city centre after the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Perhaps this is the problem but I thought Ralls was our best player today. I certainly don't think he is the reason we lost.
    Wow. Just, wow.

Why people bite or try to engage with this Norwegian prick I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So the defence, as usual, gets off Scot free? I doubt if anyone has moaned more about our midfield than me in the last two years, but I think Pack and Ralls have been playing quite well lately - I didn’t see us lumping it too much today either, I thought we didn’t do well at either end of the pitch today.
    We've conceded 6 goals in 5 matches so I don't understand why the defence gets of scot-free either (including both our GKs too who I think are poor so far this season). There was one move though which did give a glimpse of what we can do. Flint headed it down to the feet of Sang or Giles I - can't remember - on the right flank which resulted in some slick passing right through the middle of the park to an attacking position in the Bristol City box (I think Moore was on the end of it). It took seconds from defence to get the ball up the park and it was very telling that it was as a result of a CB heading the ball down and not looping it aimlessly forwards and conceding possession.

Joe Ralls. 28k a week allegedly. Criminal.

If people want to moan about the defence then start your own thread.

Anyone who thought Ralls performance was in any way acceptable today needs to stay off the glue.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If people want to moan about the defence then start your own thread.

Anyone who thought Ralls performance was in any way acceptable today needs to stay off the glue.
    Fair enough. Sometimes I forget the thread topic and end up veering off. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Fair enough. Sometimes I forget the thread topic and end up veering off. Apologies.
    No need to apologise, threads often go off topic on here - anyway, based on the lack of criticism of our defence following the match, it appears that a couple of our centre halves can do what they like at the back as long as they’re scoring up the other end.

I agree that Ralls is not the same player as he was (he seems less mobile than he was and my feeling is this may be down to the injury which kept him out for some time in 19/20), but I think he and Pack have been combining pretty well this season and I’m a bit puzzled why anyone would single him out for criticism after yesterday’s game - I’m off the booze these days, have never done drugs (apart from the very occasional slice of cannabis cake) and have never been into glue sniffing, so can’t use them as an excuse for not agreeing with the sentiments of this thread when applied to yesterday’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No biggie today, he played exactly how he normally plays.

Gets the ball, turns into space and passes it.
    Offers himself like he really wants it to try and create something, may play a telling ball once in a while, but often does very little.

Pops up in areas with space to receive the ball within shooting range and invariably splays it sideways, though he might have a shot but it is usually rather tame.

I am not "bashing" the guy but Joe unfortunately is an up and down box to box midfielder and nothing more.
    On the defence of Ralls he can’t pass it forward as we don’t have anyone to run onto it

The only thing I would add about Joe Ralls is that I believe he has a painting of himself in a locked attic room somewhere. Has anyone else noticed he hasn't aged since he first started playing for us?

I like Joe Ralls, he's been about an age with us and its not lack of effort from him, he always gives his all, and while it's true him and Pack have started well and I can see what he offers getting up and down the pitch, I'd rather we try a different approach and get someone in there who can control the ball and use a bit of composure to not just rush the ball away from their own feet by hooking it upfield instead of..shock horror.. Controlling it off the chest and not lumping it away. I admit he doesn't always do this but I've seen it once too many already in this short season and it has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    No need to apologise and it wasn’t aimed at you tbh. It was aimed at TOBW who just 3 posts into the thread wants to completely change the topic.

Threads running their course and changing direction is fine but not after 3 posts.

No need to apologise and it wasn’t aimed at you tbh. It was aimed at TOBW who just 3 posts into the thread wants to completely change the topic.

Threads running their course and changing direction is fine but not after 3 posts.
    I know posts sometimes veer off over the course of multiple posts, but yeah 3 posts in is strange.

There’s no rule book to how threads should be structured and progress.

Hartley has spoken. The people must listen.

There’s no rule book to how threads should be structured and progress.
    But come on, thread titled Joe Ralls you'd expect to come in and read and discuss.. Joe Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hartley has spoken. The people must listen.
    This kind of petulant attitude from a pensioner is pathetic tbh. He's hardly made demands and laid down the law has he.

Can someone explain what they want Joe Ralls to be? Sorry to get all DML on the subject, but what exactly are we expecting from him?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    But come on, thread titled Joe Ralls you'd expect to come in and read and discuss.. Joe Ralls.

I wish I had a pound for every thread I’ve started that has gone off topic within three posts - it happens, who cares?

We conceded a goal yesterday where the scorer was allowed to miscontrol the ball pretty badly and still go on to put the ball in the net without a challenge on him. That’s shocking at this level and I thought it had more to do with our defeat than the performance from a midfielder who, to me, played a bit better than he has done in a lot of games over the past year or so.

I wish I had a pound for every thread I’ve started that has gone off topic within three posts - it happens, who cares?

We conceded a goal yesterday where the scorer was allowed to miscontrol the ball pretty badly and still go on to put the ball in the net without a challenge on him. That’s shocking at this level and I thought it had more to do with our defeat than the performance from a midfielder who, to me, played a bit better than he has done in a lot of games over the past year or so.
    Threads do go off topic, it doesn't really matter a great deal nothing worth getting ones knickers in a twist over obviously, but there's a difference between threads veering off topic and someone just appearing on a thread and posting about something completely different, since you asked

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can someone explain what they want Joe Ralls to be? Sorry to get all DML on the subject, but what exactly are we expecting from him?
    A new verb. A CCMBism. An interesting development of forum language. Will it go viral? Maybe postal? (or is that too post ironic?) I'm fascinated by language development.