+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20800 crowd today

Re: 20800 crowd today

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely the guaranteed 5-0 drubbings will bring in thousands of away fans though?

Bet you drive a few away in your own . Bet you don’t insult people to their faces all the time but there’s no need if it you know

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Bet you drive a few away in your own . Bet you don’t insult people to their faces all the time but there’s no need if it you know
    You have a remarkably thin skin if you think what City123 and delmbox on the other thread said are personal insults.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Is that you, Yoda?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As it happens, today’s was the smallest crowd for a Severnside derby at the CCS since 2015.
    Looking at Saturdays results and crowd size in todays Sunday paper we had the biggest crowd in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Looking at Saturdays results and crowd size in todays Sunday paper we had the biggest crowd in the Championship.

Well the club shop have sold out of all the XXL SHIRTS

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well the club shop have sold out of all the XXL SHIRTS
    Imagine underestimating the number of obese fans we have.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I see that the ‘crowd deniers’ are out in force again tonight. Totally missing the point as well. 20800 people managed to get a ticket for the game, so perhaps the ticketing ‘problems’ are not as great as has been made out. I would also like someone to explain to me why the club would need (or want) to inflate the attendance figures for individual games. They know exactly how many people go through the electronic turnstiles at every match.
    Marketing being one reason. A potential sponsor comes along and sees that 20k+ people will see their adverts at every game. If we publish the number of people through the turnstiles instead (16k for argument sake, the sponsor may consider chucking their money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Not quite. The attendance at Derby v Forest was 22,991.

Just watched the highlights of yesterday's game on Sky. The crowd in the family stand looked very sparse. Does anyone know why that was? I was under the impression that the ticket prices for that area were good and it always used to be well populated, but yesterday there seemed to be very few people in that stand.

Just watched the highlights of yesterday's game on Sky. The crowd in the family stand looked very sparse. Does anyone know why that was? I was under the impression that the ticket prices for that area were good and it always used to be well populated, but yesterday there seemed to be very few people in that stand.
    My mate sits in there and says its been awful since the return.

Prices are good, you've just got to find kids who will sit through the 90 minutes we serve up.

I wonder if sitting relatively close to what happened with the Millwall fans last week has put people off.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I wonder if sitting relatively close to what happened with the Millwall fans last week has put people off.
    Why would it? Nobody will ever be in any danger from away fans.

I thought there would be more in attendance, especially with Bristol bringing around 2500. But it is what it is, crowds are generally down all over the division. According to Eric the Half a Bee in another thread our crowds are dow 6.6% whereas other clubs have dipped by a much higher percentage. It'll take some time to get back to pre Covid-19 levels I think, and that's with a good team, if we struggle it'll be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why would it? Nobody will ever be in any danger from away fans.
    Family stand looked more populated than for either Barnsley or Millwall. Still relatively low though.