+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff (away)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff (away)

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    From your earlier post, Giles is sadly not one that’s come through the ranks. On loan from Wolves.

We’re a bit easier to watch than we were under Warnock… (many on here share your views on him), but it’s still pretty awful stuff to watch

I think you’re right about Dave Jones too
    On Warnock, I know the whole villain and wind up of Bristol City is put on and he loves it - he’s apparently supposed to be a lovely bloke away from the pitch. He’s a laugh on TalkSPORT- if his political and society views seem a bit 1973.

But when Bristol City fans say “we would take him if offered”, I always say no.
    Sure he gets results, the football is horrible on the eye and you can get promotion.
    But he reminds me of Harry Redknapp.
    When both leave a club - how do the clubs fare after them?
    I can’t think of any good examples of clubs that do well after a Warnock legacy.
    Rotherham went down, Sheff U went down, Leeds were a mess, Cardiff have gone backwards, I’m sure there’s others.

Same with Redknapp and West Ham directly after him, Portsmouth went down, Birmingham were fined and had points deductions.

I think Warnock is one dimensional and doesn’t set a club up for long term success.
    It’s amazing to me how many fans still can’t see that.

Re: Cardiff (away)

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    On Warnock, I know the whole villain and wind up of Bristol City is put on and he loves it - he’s apparently supposed to be a lovely bloke away from the pitch. He’s a laugh on TalkSPORT- if his political and society views seem a bit 1973.

But when Bristol City fans say “we would take him if offered”, I always say no.
    Sure he gets results, the football is horrible on the eye and you can get promotion.
    But he reminds me of Harry Redknapp.
    When both leave a club - how do the clubs fare after them?
    I can’t think of any good examples of clubs that do well after a Warnock legacy.
    Rotherham went down, Sheff U went down, Leeds were a mess, Cardiff have gone backwards, I’m sure there’s others.

Same with Redknapp and West Ham directly after him, Portsmouth went down, Birmingham were fined and had points deductions.

I think Warnock is one dimensional and doesn’t set a club up for long term success.
    It’s amazing to me how many fans still can’t see that.
    Good post. 100% agree And the Redknapp comparison is on the money.