Thought I would come on here tonight to give a view of today's game, but mainly Cardiff (given nobody else on here but me cares about Bristol City).

I obviously rarely see Cardiff so my views may be a little different to what you regularly see. I didnt watch our horror show at Ashton Gate last season so this was first time I have seen Cardiff under McCarthy, last time was Warnock's last game.

Just first off, I saw a few people say about the crowd. I enjoyed today, even if it would have ended 1-1. I had a good day, I was right by the police line and exchanged the sort of stuff with the Welsh mob the other side of the line which we had all missed. It felt less than previous visits definitely, particularly in the stand opposite but its hardly like Reading away where you could fit half an army in their empty seats.

I thought the atmosphere from us was good. I thought Cardiff fans were flat for much of the first half but the period of about 5-10 mins when you scored it was quite intimidating.

Fortunately that didn't continue, if we had 60-70 mins of that noise, we'd have been right against it I reckon.

So I came to Cardiff knowing how McCarthy sides set up from his days at Ipswich and it was as I expected.
Balls in the air, lot of aerial duels and head tennis, crosses into the box and high pressure.
All I would say is that if a relative novice like me knows that is what is coming, a bloke whose been around the block as many times as Pearson knows it too.
Interesting he said tonight "We knew what to expect, so I asked the players to sit a little bit deeper than usual and then we had the back 3 with the holding midfielder sat in front. We knew we needed to be ready for balls in the air..."

But it wasn't kick and rush stuff from Cardiff.
I thought they knocked it about well at times, the only thing I'd say to it is that it was sporadic.

I liked Aden Flint at City (I am not a massive fan now) but his strengths are heading in both boxes, his weakness is he puts no direction on his headers and he isn't a man to play football to feet.
I saw that again today - same with Morrison.

On Morrison, he is the sort of player I love to have in my team and hate to have not in my team. He's such a dirty ****, he got away with so much pushing and niggling on Martin today. But he's an absolute master of it, he knows how to do it and I think some of our guys could learn a thing or two.

I noted the young lad Giles. I have never heard of him before. He had some very good touches and I would say he had the most composure of all the Cardiff players on the ball. He was happy to hold it and give it when the time was right.
He did though take several corners which didn't clear the first man, but not knowing him I don't know if that was just an off day or he still needs to work on that.

Moore is a threat but I think he could be more of a threat than he is because of the way you set up.
Several times in the first half (where I could see him best) he was outnumbers 3 sometimes 4 to 1. A ball had been put forward to him to either chase or hold up but he had little support - he seemed a bit frustrated.
But he is clearly dangerous, I was nervous any time he had it.

So i would say overall, its a classic McCarthy team Cardiff right now. They arent easy to play against, they aren't flash, they do have some good quality players who know what their job is.
They will win more than they lose - as they have done right now.

On another day, the header would have gone in, the cleared off the line would have gone in and Cardiff may have won it.
Cardiff's goal was just a ****ing shambles btw so I won't dwell on that.

Last comment is for Pack, I remembered the things I like and the things I hate. He played some super balls and he was always on hand to offer for it.
But he still has a horrific tendency to go all Ray Wilkins and take the sideways or back option when a more aggressive option is on.
He also appeared to want to be a prick to us when he came to get the throw ins but whatever :)

Should we have won? Stats would suggest probably not.
I do think it was less of a daylight robbery than last year though and Andi Weimann's 2nd strike was superbly hit!

Onwards to our next encounter which we will no doubt lose at Ashton Gate unless trend changes.