+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff (away)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff (away)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Probably not. City didn’t do anything like enough to win it. The lack of creativity and, after conceding the second, the lack of urgency was alarming. I was expecting Bristol’s penalty area to be under siege in the last ten minutes or so, but it didn’t happen.
    This was something that struck me today and a lot of people around me. In the second half, I watched Moore a lot as he was closer and the same thing struck me as did when he came on against Brighton - he just doesn't look happy. His body language seems off. But the other thing that strung me was that players don't seem to be communicating (I really made an effort to look and listen for this today) and was struck by how non-vocal they are. Flint seems to be the most vocal player.

I know all this sounds negative but I and everyone around me couldn't be more vocal and encouraging to the players during the game. I'll keep going to the final whistle but on here it's different - I've paid my money, done my bit, come home tired and this is a great place to discuss, reflect and I really enjoy getting all perspectives.

But yes, the lack of urgency (someone else used the word passion) resonated with me too. That's something I haven't seen for quite a while.

[QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5220008]This was something that struck me today and a lot of people around me. In the second half, I watched Moore a lot as he was closer and the same thing struck me as did when he came on against Brighton - he just doesn't look happy. His body language seems off. But the other thing that strung me was that players don't seem to be communicating (I really made an effort to look and listen for this today) and was struck by how non-vocal they are. Flint seems to be the most vocal player.

Maybe Moore is dissatisfied with the average service he is getting from our midfield, after playing with better players in the Euros?

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5220037]
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    This was something that struck me today and a lot of people around me. In the second half, I watched Moore a lot as he was closer and the same thing struck me as did when he came on against Brighton - he just doesn't look happy. His body language seems off. But the other thing that strung me was that players don't seem to be communicating (I really made an effort to look and listen for this today) and was struck by how non-vocal they are. Flint seems to be the most vocal player.

Maybe Moore is dissatisfied with the average service he is getting from our midfield, after playing with better players in the Euros?
    I hadn't thought of it like that and it's a really good point. That could be the case for sure.
    edit: not talking to myself again this was a reply to Mr Soul '68.