+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got home

Just got home

That was a great day even though we lost. My first ever visit to the CCS. Started going to Ninian Park maybe about 1964 /65 as a young boy but for the last 20 years I have been living in Cambridge and a combination of my shifts, her shifts, kids and money meant that we were never able to get to a home game since the new stadium opened. Now retired so we should be able to get to a few more.

We always buy a club membership so always get to the away games that are closest to us. Norwich, Ipswich, Peterborough (last week), Watford, QPR, Reading etc. Even Colchester and Lincoln when we were down in the basement. Will be at the Forest game too.

Been lurking here since the board opened but only just registered.

Giles looks a class player

celever

Re: Just got home

I lived in Cambridge for a few years. It's long trip to South Wales and back!

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    That was a great day even though we lost. My first ever visit to the CCS. Started going to Ninian Park maybe about 1964 /65 as a young boy but for the last 20 years I have been living in Cambridge and a combination of my shifts, her shifts, kids and money meant that we were never able to get to a home game since the new stadium opened. Now retired so we should be able to get to a few more.

We always buy a club membership so always get to the away games that are closest to us. Norwich, Ipswich, Peterborough (last week), Watford, QPR, Reading etc. Even Colchester and Lincoln when we were down in the basement. Will be at the Forest game too.

celever

celever
    Welcome mate.

StT.
    <><

celever
    one of a trek for a home game

We drove down Friday morning, took just over 6 hours with the bank holiday traffic. Stayed in the Maltsters in Llandaff, £125 a night but at least she paid for that. Going back we stopped in Bedminster for 30 minutes to see my sister. Had to put up with my Bristol brother-in-law in his red shirt. I phoned her in the morning to get me a box of pies from the Bristol Clarkes Pie shop.

We drove down Friday morning, took just over 6 hours with the bank holiday traffic. Stayed in the Maltsters in Llandaff, £125 a night but at least she paid for that. Going back we stopped in Bedminster for 30 minutes to see my sister. Had to put up with my Bristol brother-in-law in his red shirt. I phoned her in the morning to get me a box of pies from the Bristol Clarkes Pie shop.
    Fair play, that's quite a journey! So glad you had a great day, contrary to how I may sound at times, I love going to matches and CCS. Don't eat all the pies!

Well done to you Sir and your wife,

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    one of a trek for a home game
    Aye, tell me about it!

That was a great day even though we lost. My first ever visit to the CCS. Started going to Ninian Park maybe about 1964 /65 as a young boy but for the last 20 years I have been living in Cambridge and a combination of my shifts, her shifts, kids and money meant that we were never able to get to a home game since the new stadium opened. Now retired so we should be able to get 2to a few more.

celever
    Glad you could get to the game which was a more entertaining one than your typical home match despite the result - we didn’t hoof it as much as we normally do either.

Someone mentioned after the Peterborough match that those treks to the east of England often take longer than the ones to the north of the country, I know what they mean.

celever
    Looking forward to a fellow exile posting 👍

Welcome.

celever