+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City centre "incident"

City centre "incident"

Anyone know what's going on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58374949

A major road in Cardiff city centre has been shut off due to an incident, police have said.

Motorists have been advised to avoid Kingsway between junctions of Castle Street and Greyfriars Road.

South Wales Police has not given any further details but the incident is said to be ongoing.

Related Topics
    That's all that's in the report at the mo, apart from a pic of an empty road, though it will hopefully get updated as the day goes on.

Re: City centre "incident"

Tried to ride through there about 8am and got redirected.

Still no details , but it is ongoing and started around 2 a.m.

All part of a Council plan to stop the re-opening of Castle Street, no doubt

International

Wlaes on line quote "Motorists have been advised to avoid Kingsway between junctions of Castle Street and Greyfriars Road."

Well that shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Anyone know what's going on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58374949

That's all that's in the report at the mo, apart from a pic of an empty road, though it will hopefully get updated as the day goes on.
    Some middle class mother dropped her panini. The council have closed the roads in order to offer trained counselling and a compensation package. Bluetit is armed with a 2.2 air rifle on the castle wall shouting 'Bring Me Duckford'

Let's hope it's not a serious incident eh. All shit jokes aside.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I reckon that it's an assault of some nature. Probably in the early hours after boozing. Police looking for evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon that it's an assault of some nature. Probably in the early hours after boozing. Police looking for evidence.
    Was my immediate thought as well.

I got that impression too when I was there earlier.

Was my immediate thought as well.
    Bank holiday weekend, sunny, people haven't been out for an age. I shouldn't have made a joke about it really, although it was never my intention to trivialise the situation. Hope it's not too bad.

Some middle class mother dropped her panini. The council have closed the roads in order to offer trained counselling and a compensation package. Bluetit is armed with a 2.2 air rifle on the castle wall shouting 'Bring Me Duckford'
    Drakeford shouls be safe, a 2.2 air pellet wouldn't travel very far

hearing reports and rumours of a stabbing... and fatal ?

just what is gathering pace on fb... hope not but in this awful day and age

early ours of the morn apparently

Bank holiday weekend, sunny, people haven't been out for an age. I shouldn't have made a joke about it really, although it was never my intention to trivialise the situation. Hope it's not too bad.
    Wasn't aimed at you specifically, but people on here seem to be offended when it suits them and want to crack jokes at other times I just found the tone of the thread peculiar that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Until the authorities come down tough on just carrying a blade it’s going to get worse….5 yrs should do it and Get the cowardice scum off the streets. Lots of cctv there so they’ve had it

International

it is clearly a serious incident or the Police wouldn't be cordoning the area off for hours.
    But that does not detract from the stupidity of the message requesting motorists to avoid the area does it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    it is clearly a serious incident or the Police wouldn't be cordoning the area off for hours.
    But that does not detract from the stupidity of the message requesting motorists to avoid the area does it?
    It's not a stupid message as the traffic does build up into Cardiff on a Sunday stretching back east to Newport Road and North to A470 , surely its sensible advise for incoming motorists and emergency services on going investigations and movement in a less crowded centre

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's not a stupid message as the traffic does build up into Cardiff on a Sunday stretching back east to Newport Road and North to A470 , surely its sensible advise for incoming motorists and emergency services on going investigations and movement in a less crowded centre
    Maybe, if they OPENED UP Castle Street, there wouldn’t be any congestion !!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    the road is permanently closed to normal motorists, that is why the message was stupid.