+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Michael Smith linked with City

Michael Smith linked with City

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...eadline-looms/

Rotherham United striker Michael Smith has emerged as a late target at Cardiff City ahead of Tuesday’s transfer deadline, as reported by The Sun on Sunday (29/08 p.60).

Smith, who netted both goals for The Millers in yesterday’s victory over Doncaster Rovers, scored ten times in the Championship last season.

The 29-year-old has just one year left on his current contract, which could prove pivotal in a potential late bid.

Re: Michael Smith linked with City

Talk our end that your after Michael Smith to replace Moore. Not sure how true that is. 9:17 AM · Aug 26, 2021

https://twitter.com/alwrufc/status/1430806504282656770
    Andrew Williams ((Miller living in Exile (Only Sheffield). Fat lad who attempts to run a bit.)) is officially in the know.

6ft 4", almost 30 years old, journeyman, sounds ideal.

"Smith is a physical presence, who would thrive off the service from Cardiff’s wide-men."

hmm.. seems a familiar pattern here!

We would only need him if Moore went. A bit of a downgrade though, less mobile and doesn't score so many.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We would only need him if Moore went. A bit of a downgrade though, less mobile and doesn't score so many.

Cutting our coat according to our cloth. The new reality

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    6ft 4", almost 30 years old, journeyman, sounds ideal.
    4 year deal with the option to run a chip shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4 year deal with the option to run a chip shop.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just like with Kieffer: there isn't a price that a buying club would be happy to pay that the selling club will be willing to accept.

The cost of being too important to the side those players are playing for.

If we are genuinely looking at this bloke, and it seems to have now got a comment from their manager, then Moore's days look numbered.
    Then again we might sign him, parade him with a City shirt and send him out on loan for 12 months...

Let's say we sell Moore the money won't be used to strengthen the team other than maybe this guy. We will do the deal so late in the window that we won't have time to. It is how we work.

Let's say we get say £10 million for Moore, that would only cover the shortfall Tan is paying out of his own pocket for less than 6 months (the reports were £3 million a month but we've let a few decent earners go since then so it is anybody's guess now but over £2 million).
    What happens in six months time? Sell another?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If we are genuinely looking at this bloke, and it seems to have now got a comment from their manager, then Moore's days look numbered.
    Then again we might sign him, parade him with a City shirt and send him out on loan for 12 months...

Let's say we sell Moore the money won't be used to strengthen the team other than maybe this guy. We will do the deal so late in the window that we won't have time to. It is how we work.

Let's say we get say £10 million for Moore, that would only cover the shortfall Tan is paying out of his own pocket for less than 6 months (the reports were £3 million a month but we've let a few decent earners go since then so it is anybody's guess now but over £2 million).
    Let's say Let's say..
    Maybe let's say you don't know anything that goes on and let's say your Forever moaning

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Let's say Let's say..
    Maybe let's say you don't know anything that goes on and let's say your Forever moaning
    *you're

Once again another person who doesn't actually respond to what has been posted.

Where have I moaned there? If we are buying another tall striker then it is probably with a view to moving Moore out. No moan there.

If we do move Moore out we will make around £10 million minus what his replacement costs. A few months of Tan's shortfall. Again, no moan there is there you plum?

Isn't Collins the Moore replacement? Signing two old strikers doesn't exactly fit the bill of lowering the squad's age

If Kieffer goes we ain't replacing what he brings and probably won't get better than Collins, wouldn't the money be better spent on a creative midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Let's say Let's say..
    It says more about me than you that you post having digs at posters mainly rather than actually commenting on the subject matter of the thread like I have.

If that is positivity then you can keep it. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Isn't Collins the Moore replacement? Signing two old strikers doesn't exactly fit the bill of lowering the squad's age

If Kieffer goes we ain't replacing what he brings and probably won't get better than Collins, wouldn't the money be better spent on a creative midfielder?
    Yes, it would.
    A creative player that has some danger of actually featuring in the team would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I think there's every chance we have made an informal enquiry about Smith - and probably 3-4 other strikers - to assess the options and costs in case Moore is sold. MM was clear in the last interview that if Moore went he would have to be replaced (as in Collins is not the replacement - he is there to cover, or combine with, Moore). That just seems to be sensible contingency planning. It certainly does not suggest that 'Moore's days are numbered'. The chances of him moving this window are low and dropping by the hour - and there are no 'news' stories other than possibly Wolves that link Moore with any other club, which would happen from agents or one of the clubs if there was any serious interest.

I would honestly rather give Zimba a go in the first team than fork ANY money for Smith

At least Zimbas work rate is exceptional and he's quick. He's done really well in preseason and in the u23s this season, exceeding expectations much quicker than I anticipated after watching him last season.

The last thing city need is another slow player and Smith is Slllooowww.

You sell a 20 goal striker for £7 m to buy a 10 goal striker for £10m ???

Surely not ?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I would honestly rather give Zimba a go in the first team than fork ANY money for Smith

At least Zimbas work rate is exceptional and he's quick. He's done really well in preseason and in the u23s this season, exceeding expectations much quicker than I anticipated after watching him last season.

The last thing city need is another slow player and Smith is Slllooowww.
    Mynprefere also.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Mynprefere also.
    Mynprefere here too

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Mynprefere here too
    ****ing hell

Somehow the n always sneaks its way in must be my fat fingers as the n is just above the space button on my phone.. Erm thanks for reading.

International

With me

International

Try again. With me it always seems to be the c or v for the same reason, but I'm left handed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Mynprefere also.
    Lovely place to visit, just past Lampeter.