+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

Pay him off now. This afternoon . Text him.

Not my usual attitude I know because I’m big on loyalty and commitment.

This is different-

1. He’s going absolutely nowhere with this style . He simply can’t - if it was going anywhere it’d take five years and it would require commitment , leadership and definite commitment on his part.

2. He simply doesn’t give a **** and doesn’t even try to hide that . I haven’t got time for that - if he’s trying then we can forgive mistakes and failure but people are paying good money to support the club and Sri Vincent Tan is supporting it with millions which could be better spent if it’s a big waste.

No, I’m not a ruthless employer but frankly I’d bloody have him now. Immediately or sooner - he’s taking the piss out of everyone here.

Re: McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

The 5-0 defeats were always going to come back and haunt him.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Pay him off now. This afternoon . Text him.

Not my usual attitude I know because I’m big on loyalty and commitment.

This is different-

1. He’s going absolutely nowhere with this style . He simply can’t - if it was going anywhere it’d take five years and it would require commitment , leadership and definite commitment on his part.

2. He simply doesn’t give a **** and doesn’t even try to hide that . I haven’t got time for that - if he’s trying then we can forgive mistakes and failure but people are paying good money to support the club and Sri Vincent Tan is supporting it with millions which could be better spent if it’s a big waste.

No, I’m not a ruthless employer but frankly I’d bloody have him now. Immediately or sooner - he’s taking the piss out of everyone here.
    Are you a toddler? I only ask because this is very suspiciously close to a tantrum.

The club did their usual panic with MM.

He was a great appointment on a short term deal when Harris was showing he didn't have a clue. Great short term fix while the club had several months to make sure they found the right manager to take us in a new direction.
    Sadly a quick run of good results and his agents spins a celtic story which I have no doubt was nonsense and we give him a 2 year deal.

I don't think he is a terrible manager, he's pretty much what everyone expected. Personally I just wish we had tried to go in another direction and attempt to play some football.
    I don't see the point in sacking him now though, a new manager needed a full summer of recruitment and to work with who we had.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

He was a great appointment on a short term deal when Harris was showing he didn't have a clue. Great short term fix while the club had several months to make sure they found the right manager to take us in a new direction.
    Sadly a quick run of good results and his agents spins a celtic story which I have no doubt was nonsense and we give him a 2 year deal.

I don't think he is a terrible manager, he's pretty much what everyone expected. Personally I just wish we had tried to go in another direction and attempt to play some football.
    I don't see the point in sacking him now though, a new manager needed a full summer of recruitment and to work with who we had.
    If we want a different style then a new manager would need to be in place at end of season, I don’t like the style of play but can’t really sack him after 1st defeat of the season.

Any new manager would have to play according to the strengths of the players he has available.To play a different way would require a new team and there are no funds available or a transfer window to acquire them. It would be ridiculous to change the manager now.

Calm down - we won’t struggle or go down with MM.
    That seems to be the aim during these times, as the parachute ends. Steady the ship, while we ride the storm.
    The club isn’t being reckless and to be fair (without checking) MM has a top 6 record since he been here.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    If we want a different style then a new manager would need to be in place at end of season, I don’t like the style of play but can’t really sack him after 1st defeat of the season.
    Totally agree.

True , so let him make a start and get on with it now.
    It’s a bloody mess and everything has been needlessly buggered up so much as I’ve opposed it for years, now is the time to start this big project of rebuilding in a new image of more entertaining better quality football with a young manager.

I didn’t want it because I didn’t want to waste what we’d already done and I knew it’d mean a period in the wilderness, but he’s led us there now , so let’s agree with those who’ve been calling for a rebuild for years and try that. We CAN do it , although it’ll take time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

It’s a bloody mess and everything has been needlessly buggered up so much as I’ve opposed it for years, now is the time to start this big project of rebuilding in a new image of more entertaining better quality football with a young manager.

I didn’t want it because I didn’t want to waste what we’d already done and I knew it’d mean a period in the wilderness, but he’s led us there now , so let’s agree with those who’ve been calling for a rebuild for years and try that. We CAN do it , although it’ll take time.

No, I’m not a ruthless employer but frankly I’d bloody have him now.
    You’ve bloody got him now. And I’d bloody get used to it if I was you, as you’ll bloody have him for the rest of the bloody season at least.

Putting the same post in the same thread twice is rather strange behaviour. Have you had a bad day or have you been drinking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Any new manager would have to play according to the strengths of the players he has available.To play a different way would require a new team and there are no funds available or a transfer window to acquire them. It would be ridiculous to change the manager now.
    How many transfer windows do we need to say this after though?

It seems we get a new manager, the board tell us they want a more entertaining style. They then sign players that fit into our long ball style and then repeat it.

One way to guarantee long ball football is to employ long ball manager after long ball manager and give them what little money we have.

It wouldn't be too bad if it was successful long ball football. We're getting found out by more and more sides and our usually resolute back line are anything but so far.

What you're asking for is for the board to:

i) buy Mick and staff out of their contract, and
    ii) probably compensate another club as part of hiring their managerial team, and
    iii) back the new manager in the next transfer window

That seems highly unlikely at the end of this year and impossible to believe before the end of this year, unless things start to go badly wrong.

However, please return to this post when Mick does eventually go and compare the club's position to what Warnock left us with. That will be the test of whether we've progressed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It seems we get a new manager, the board tell us they want a more entertaining style.
    I don’t recall anyone on the board saying anything of the sort when McCarthy was appointed.

Tan should give him 250 million so we can maybe get top half premier league

Think he's doing exactly what he's been asked to do. We'll be ok this season, won't go up, won't go down. Hopefully we'll see the young players improve.
    What happens next season is really interesting. Lots of established players out of contract. Are they kept on or not, and if not, who replaces them and what type of football do we play then?

We have no money to reshape a squad or attract a better manager. Look at our transfer dealings this window. We have freed up the wages of Glatzel, Bamba, Bennet, Hoilet,Day, Johnny Williams (anywhere between 50-100k a week). And have replaced them with three free transfers one of which has gone out on loan (Wintle).

Let's try and look at the positive - we aint going down, and we're seeing more youngsters in the squad than I can remember for years. Yes, it's not great to watch but safety has to be the no.1 priority.

How many transfer windows do we need to say this after though?

It seems we get a new manager, the board tell us they want a more entertaining style. They then sign players that fit into our long ball style and then repeat it.

One way to guarantee long ball football is to employ long ball manager after long ball manager and give them what little money we have.

It wouldn't be too bad if it was successful long ball football. We're getting found out by more and more sides and our usually resolute back line are anything but so far.
    I have said this before but you obviously never read anything anyone else says. We signed four players this summer - none of them are long ball or ‘hoofball’ as you like to call it, players. They are all technically proficient players who like the ball to feet and can pass. That tends to drive a horse and cart through your theory as to how Mick McCarthy wants us to play. Also a number of the goals that we have let in recently have been as a result of individual errors by young players (including Sang for example in yesterday match) - what do you want us to do, get rid of them all out of the team ? They need to learn and get experience by playing, not criticism and ridicule by people like you. They will learn from their mistakes and become better players for it. Also, even Jurssett yesterday thought that we played some good football and very little long stuff - if he can see that with his one eyed views, why cant you - oh, I forgot, you don't go to games and get all your info off the back of a fag packet or by making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t recall anyone on the board saying anything of the sort when McCarthy was appointed.
    They said it when Harris came on board.

Have they changed their mind since then?

They said it when Harris came on board.

Have they changed their mind since then?
    Obviously. They sacked Harris and brought in McCarthy.

Obviously. They sacked Harris and brought in McCarthy.
    I didn't mean manager as you well know.

If they've suddenly given up their plan of playing more football then it shows just how clueless they are.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I have said this before but you obviously never read anything anyone else says. We signed four players this summer - none of them are long ball or ‘hoofball’ as you like to call it, players. They are all technically proficient players who like the ball to feet and can pass. That tends to drive a horse and cart through your theory as to how Mick McCarthy wants us to play. Also a number of the goals that we have let in recently have been as a result of individual errors by young players (including Sang for example in yesterday match) - what do you want us to do, get rid of them all out of the team ? They need to learn and get experience by playing, not criticism and ridicule by people like you. They will learn from their mistakes and become better players for it. Also, even Jurssett yesterday thought that we played some good football and very little long stuff - if he can see that with his one eyed views, why cant you - oh, I forgot, you don't go to games and get all your info off the back of a fag packet or by making it up.
    Yeah, you're right.

One is so technically proficient in the central midfield area where we lack this that he has already gone out on loan.

The other technically proficient centre back is so proficient that he can't get a starting place in a back line that can't pass water.

Those signings yeah?

If they've suddenly given up their plan of playing more football then it shows just how clueless they are.
    Maybe, but you’re tying yourself in knots in your bid to discredit them by accusing them of saying things they didn’t.

Nobody would claim they wanted more exciting football while appointing Mick McCarthy - not even Tan and Co.

Maybe, but you’re tying yourself in knots in your bid to discredit them by accusing them of saying things they didn’t.

Nobody would claim they wanted more exciting football while appointing Mick McCarthy - not even Tan and Co.
    No. They wanted more entertaining football.

They didn't get that with Harris and have not come out to say anything else so I assume they still want entertaining football.

As has been posted here many times it is that lack of vision and direction of where the club is going that is the issue for many.

The longer it goes on though it certainly looks like treading water on the cheap. All a bit uninspiring.
    Unless you're dml. He loves it. Not sure how he sees half of what he sees but he does.

You've said yourself we lost yesterday against a poor Bristol City team. That is exactly what it was. If MM, the club or anybody else think that was acceptable for a home game against one of your biggest rivals then they're sadly mistaken.