+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

Re: McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

The club is 9th one point of play offs , 5 points off top , yeh were I big trouble 😳

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    They wanted more entertaining football. They didn't get that with Harris and have not come out to say anything else so I assume they still want entertaining football.
    Of course. They wanted entertaining football so they appointed Mick McCarthy. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course. They wanted entertaining football so they appointed Mick McCarthy. 🤣
    You could say the same with Harris.
    What to you suggests Harris can play entertaining football?

The fans knew how Harris played, just as they do McCarthy. Our board seem to be the ones who didn't. If anything McCarthy's teams play a little more football than Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I have said this before but you obviously never read anything anyone else says. We signed four players this summer - none of them are long ball or ‘hoofball’ as you like to call it, players. They are all technically proficient players who like the ball to feet and can pass. That tends to drive a horse and cart through your theory as to how Mick McCarthy wants us to play. Also a number of the goals that we have let in recently have been as a result of individual errors by young players (including Sang for example in yesterday match) - what do you want us to do, get rid of them all out of the team ? They need to learn and get experience by playing, not criticism and ridicule by people like you. They will learn from their mistakes and become better players for it. Also, even Jurssett yesterday thought that we played some good football and very little long stuff - if he can see that with his one eyed views, why cant you - oh, I forgot, you don't go to games and get all your info off the back of a fag packet or by making it up.
    I agree. The initial post is ridiculous. I actually enjoyed yesterday's game, it was end to end and we played some nice football all at times. We didn't defend very well, and didn't exploit our set pieces but could have had 4 or five goals. Giles was clear through, Moore had one kicked off the line and one deflected wide and their 'keeper saved from Bacuna and Bagan.

A couple of years ago everybody was stating how we were signing players for big fees and high wages , and Warnock didn't give any youngsters a chance. As said above we've offloaded Bamba, Holiett, Day, Glatzel and Williams. And lost Wilson and Ojo too. And in our sued for League games since MM has come here has been Bagan, Harris, Colwill, Sang, Brown, McGuiness, Evans, Patten and Isaac Davies. And in cup games we have used Tom Davies, D'Almeida, Bowen and Denham. Do we expect to win the League then?

As for Wintle I expect he has been sent out to free up a slot (and a wage) to bring in another player in a different position.

Yes let's sack MM and re-appoint Warnock! Would you give him your chequebook? (If we have a chequebook these days).

Just like Warnock, the Malaysian owners had never heard of him until he drove past the Sand Martin. Don’t sack him, sack the person who is badly advising the owners, when taking on these people.

I was gutted when he was announced as Harris' replacement.
    I thought the club would try to take a different direction but sadly no.
    It's panning out as I had expected.
    Dour Yorkshire man paying dour football. Its getting hard to get up for a game tbh same old shite week in week out with no chance of a change whilst this dinosaur is in charge.

I don’t recall anyone on the board saying anything of the sort when McCarthy was appointed.
    I would have done . I thought he was a shocking , short sighted appointment. I started to bore myself moaning about him and the hoof ball.

I accept he is now our manager , constantly moaning is unlikely to change anything.
    We should have had a crack with Craig Bellamy , at least he is forward thinking. Don't know how his temperament is suited though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I would have done . I thought he was a shocking , short sighted appointment. I started to bore myself moaning about him and the hoof ball.

I accept he is now our manager , constantly moaning is unlikely to change anything.
    We should have had a crack with Craig Bellamy , at least he is forward thinking. Don't know how his temperament is suited though.
    I wonder if any of those players breaking into the first team worked under Bellamy when they were younger, and if they did, what their reaction would have been if he had been appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I wonder if any of those players breaking into the first team worked under Bellamy when they were younger, and if they did, what their reaction would have been if he had been appointed.
    I should add to my criticism , its great to see youngsters getting a chance this season.

I am thinking Bellamys under 18s won their league playing fine football, TOBW or Loramski should be able to confirm or otherwise on that one.

Since Dave Jones left May 2011, and excluding caretakers, Cardiff City have played 42 games under unproven managers with an attacking mindset and 399 games under experienced managers with a more basic approach.

Excluding 12 games under Trollope, we've gone from Slade to Warnock to Harris to Mick.

Can we please at least agree that "lacking vision" isn't a good enough description of what's happened?

On the plus side:

i) The last player to break from youth team into first team was Declan John in 2013-14 (before that there was Ben Nugent in '12-'13 and Joe Ralls in '11-'12) but through want or necessity that stat will need to be updated now. Harris was first in a good long while to talk seriously about promoting youth.

ii) Transfer windows also seem to be becoming better.

iii) Manager change is unlikely to happen until after Mick has gone via contract exhaustion but this should result in increasingly noticeable change of style of play, though I still think we're going to be more Nuno's Wolves rather than Bruno's Wolves so might not be good enough for some people. To be honest, I think we'll see that slight change before Mick goes but it won't be enough for those wanting Pep's Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Pay him off now. This afternoon . Text him.

Not my usual attitude I know because I’m big on loyalty and commitment.

This is different-

1. He’s going absolutely nowhere with this style . He simply can’t - if it was going anywhere it’d take five years and it would require commitment , leadership and definite commitment on his part.

2. He simply doesn’t give a **** and doesn’t even try to hide that . I haven’t got time for that - if he’s trying then we can forgive mistakes and failure but people are paying good money to support the club and Sri Vincent Tan is supporting it with millions which could be better spent if it’s a big waste.

No, I’m not a ruthless employer but frankly I’d bloody have him now. Immediately or sooner - he’s taking the piss out of everyone here.
    Do you enjoy a few bottles of wine after your Sunday lunch?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Any new manager would have to play according to the strengths of the players he has available.To play a different way would require a new team and there are no funds available or a transfer window to acquire them. It would be ridiculous to change the manager now.
    someone else who knows all about the club and the owner's financial situations. you should be a share dealer, you clearly ave inside information.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    We have no money to reshape a squad or attract a better manager. Look at our transfer dealings this window. We have freed up the wages of Glatzel, Bamba, Bennet, Hoilet,Day, Johnny Williams (anywhere between 50-100k a week). And have replaced them with three free transfers one of which has gone out on loan (Wintle).

Let's try and look at the positive - we aint going down, and we're seeing more youngsters in the squad than I can remember for years. Yes, it's not great to watch but safety has to be the no.1 priority.
    And another one. Is that your opinion or expert knowledge, as in fact?

MM hasn't done a bad job at all since being appointed

He's as good a manager as anyone else in the championship

I am afraid if people want dynamic football it's not going to happen

He's the manager , that's the way it is

But we're above the woeful gorgeous footy playing Jacks .

I don’t recall anyone on the board saying anything of the sort when McCarthy was appointed.
    Wasn't Dalman (on the baord) quoted as saying something like that when we were in the hunt for a new manager? It was definitely said at some point either after Warnock or Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But we're above the woeful gorgeous footy playing Jacks .
    Are we that easy to please? Why should that matter?

What precisely does the thread starter expect from a manager who's been in charge 7 months??
    Did I want him no
    Do I like the style of play no
    Substitutions inspire me no
    Would I have extended his contract when we did also no

But results have improved from Harris despite what looks a weaker squad
    Youngsters have been used for the first time in years
    Signings aren't at the end of their careers though some pace in the team is much needed

Am I overjoyed with him no but to call for his dismissal from what he's done so far is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    What precisely does the thread starter expect from a manager who's been in charge 7 months??
    Did I want him no
    Do I like the style of play no
    Substitutions inspire me no
    Would I have extended his contract when we did also no

But results have improved from Harris despite what looks a weaker squad
    Youngsters have been used for the first time in years
    Signings aren't at the end of their careers though some pace in the team is much needed

Am I overjoyed with him no but to call for his dismissal from what he's done so far is ridiculous

I’ll tell you exactly. I want him to care and I want him to try. I’ll forgive anything if we get that but this casual smarmy attitude every time he cocks up can’t ever change anything. Generally I don’t like sacking managers and I think it’s better to let them establish continuity and correct stuff but in my opinion based upon over sixty years observing people’s attitudes I think he cares only about a pay cheque and if he did for example get us relegated he’d move on and never give it another thought.

This is exactly what Roy Keane said, and having now seen the way MM operates I’m afraid I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you enjoy a few bottles of wine after your Sunday lunch?

No I’m tea total and have been since roughly 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I’ll tell you exactly. I want him to care and I want him to try. I’ll forgive anything if we get that but this casual smarmy attitude every time he cocks up can’t ever change anything. Generally I don’t like sacking managers and I think it’s better to let them establish continuity and correct stuff but in my opinion based upon over sixty years observing people’s attitudes I think he cares only about a pay cheque and if he did for example get us relegated he’d move on and never give it another thought.

This is exactly what Roy Keane said, and having now seen the way MM operates I’m afraid I agree completely.
    If you have got to quote Roy Keane to back you up you are in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Are we that easy to please? Why should that matter?
    Exactly.

If something isn't right at your club then comparing yourself to a basket case of a club (as they seem currently) isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I should add to my criticism , its great to see youngsters getting a chance this season.

I am thinking Bellamys under 18s won their league playing fine football, TOBW or Loramski should be able to confirm or otherwise on that one.
    They did. Bellamy lucky in one regard in that he had what I would say was the best group of youngsters the club has produced in recent years to work with - thinking back, there was Ratcliffe in goal, Margetson, Bodenham, Bagan (I reckon he'll become a centreback eventually and a composed one at that) and Reynolds as defenders, Bowen, Patten and, for a while Pinchard in midfield, Evans as a winger cum number ten and Davies and Griffiths (not sure what happened to him after his first year with us, he was a right handful then) in attack. One thing about that team, Colwill played quite a few games, but I'd say he was only a sub when we were able to pick our strongest team even though he was bigger than most of the other lads.

Regarding our Board and their desire for a more entertaining style, I can remember a comment to that effect after Warnock left, but I don't think there was anything during the transition from Harris to McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Regarding our Board and their desire for a more entertaining style, I can remember a comment to that effect after Warnock left, but I don't think there was anything during the transition from Harris to McCarthy.
    They, or more to the point Mehmet, said this in November 2019.
    They appointed Mick at the tail end of January 2021.

If the board have changed their minds in that time then it is a big worry.

Regardless of the noises they make their choice seems to be a club that is as cheap as possible and stays in the Championship.
    Nothing wrong with that, we have no god given right to success, but I think the club should at least aim for more.

Tan is the owner and can do what he likes really. Lose the fans though and it takes a lot to get them back.