+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: McCarthy is ruining our club. Sack him NOW before it gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It seems we get a new manager, the board tell us they want a more entertaining style.
    I don’t recall anyone on the board saying anything of the sort when McCarthy was appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t recall anyone on the board saying anything of the sort when McCarthy was appointed.
    I would have done . I thought he was a shocking , short sighted appointment. I started to bore myself moaning about him and the hoof ball.

I accept he is now our manager , constantly moaning is unlikely to change anything.
    We should have had a crack with Craig Bellamy , at least he is forward thinking. Don't know how his temperament is suited though.

Since Dave Jones left May 2011, and excluding caretakers, Cardiff City have played 42 games under unproven managers with an attacking mindset and 399 games under experienced managers with a more basic approach.

Excluding 12 games under Trollope, we've gone from Slade to Warnock to Harris to Mick.

Can we please at least agree that "lacking vision" isn't a good enough description of what's happened?

On the plus side:

i) The last player to break from youth team into first team was Declan John in 2013-14 (before that there was Ben Nugent in '12-'13 and Joe Ralls in '11-'12) but through want or necessity that stat will need to be updated now. Harris was first in a good long while to talk seriously about promoting youth.

ii) Transfer windows also seem to be becoming better.

iii) Manager change is unlikely to happen until after Mick has gone via contract exhaustion but this should result in increasingly noticeable change of style of play, though I still think we're going to be more Nuno's Wolves rather than Bruno's Wolves so might not be good enough for some people. To be honest, I think we'll see that slight change before Mick goes but it won't be enough for those wanting Pep's Barca.