+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colwill signs new contract

Colwill signs new contract

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...signs-new-deal

Good news. Hopefully get a run of games!!

Re: Colwill signs new contract

Good to see.

Agreed. I think he needs to start. I think Bacuna is limited in the role he is expected to play and we need more flair up top.

Good stuff.

The senior Wales set up clearly see something there too.

I haven't seen much of him and from the little I have seen, I don't understand what all the fuss is about

But then I did think Ryan Wintle would be our best midfielder this season so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

I definitely don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm all for giving our youngsters a chance though.

Good news. Didn't think he was great against Millwall, but he looked the part against the wurzels when he came on - it'll be interesting to see how he does for Wales (I can see him starting against Finland).

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I haven't seen much of him and from the little I have seen, I don't understand what all the fuss is about

But then I did think Ryan Wintle would be our best midfielder this season so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

I definitely don't know what I'm talking about.
    You don't know what the fuss is about a kid who looks composted on the ball and isn't scared to be in the mix making runs with the ball etc? When comparing that to the older heads who treat the ball like its going to transform into a death ball with killer spikes unless they get rid of it quick enough?

Good news, great that the club are continuing to back younger players

I think it’s more a case of the club protecting their assets
    Giving the stand out youngsters longer deals will ensure bigger fees when clubs are sniffing transfer deals 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You don't know what the fuss is about a kid who looks composted on the ball and isn't scared to be in the mix making runs with the ball etc? When comparing that to the older heads who treat the ball like its going to transform into a death ball with killer spikes unless they get rid of it quick enough?
    He’s 19. The way people talk you’d think he was 16.

At 18 Ralls was playing regularly in the Championship. Ledley was doing the same at 17.

Obviously hope he goes in to tear it up but he needs to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

At 18 Ralls was playing regularly in the Championship. Ledley was doing the same at 17.

Joe Ralls had 5 starts and 5 appearances off the bench in Championship at age of 18. He wasn't playing regularly until aged 20/21 and wasn't doing it for City until aged 21/22.

Think you're right about Ledley who had 20 starts in 2004–05.

But players develop at different ages. All about what their peak is and how long they can sustain it rather than who reaches it first...our understanding is going to be so warped by England producing genuine superstars.

Logic would indicate that based upon your view, you feel Keiffer Moore should have given up years ago as he'd not broken through at age 19?

The lad needs to gain experience to supplement what we have seen of him so far,
    critically that means fans and manager excepting up and down in his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that based upon your view, you feel Keiffer Moore should have given up years ago as he'd not broken through at age 19?
    Unless I’m mistaken we’re talking about Colwill becoming a really top player. With full respect to Kieffer, I’m not sure he fits into that bracket.

Of course he does, I think we all agree on that.

Players you mention had managers willing to play them. That's not his fault, and I'm not sure how people talk makes you thing he'd be younger, that comment doesn't really make sense.

Unless I’m mistaken we’re talking about Colwill becoming a really top player. With full respect to Kieffer, I’m not sure he fits into that bracket.
    Logic indicates you want to compare one of your youngsters lack of first team experience compared to others yet want to ignore Keiffer Moore, a classic example of a late developer - the point being players develop at different rates.

Logic would also indicate both Ralls and Ledley had managers willing to play young players; something Colwill would not have had around age 17-18 until McCarthy arrived.

Logic would also indicate it's a bit silly to expect an inexperienced player, with no loan stints under his belt to come in and "tear it up".

He has shown progress in a team being rebuilt and is around the stage of his development you'd expect.

He was a handful against Bristol . Good close control and a real willing to push forward.
    It was only one game , lets hope there are many many more.

I don't think anyone's talking about him being the next Ramsey, just he looks like he can play a bit and could be a good asset if he develops

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't think anyone's talking about him being the next Ramsey, just he looks like he can play a bit and could be a good asset if he develops
    I thought he was being a little disparaging to Kieffer....

Kieffer is a top championship player, the number of players at that level or better we have produced is very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Kieffer is a top championship player, the number of players at that level or better we have produced is very small.
    Still doesn't make him top drawer..

Colwill added a bit more class, strength and guile to our midfield when he came on against Bristol. Unusually for us in that area of the pitch he seemed to know what he was doing. Time for a few starts for him I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Colwill added a bit more class, strength and guile to our midfield when he came on against Bristol. Unusually for us in that area of the pitch he seemed to know what he was doing. Time for a few starts for him I reckon.
    A run of games, and a lot of patience from our fan base, same as Bagan, Sang and any other youngsters coming through, they'll have good games and games when things don't go according to plan, just need time to develop

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    A run of games, and a lot of patience from our fan base, same as Bagan, Sang and any other youngsters coming through, they'll have good games and games when things don't go according to plan, just need time to develop