Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
I went in the very early days of them setting up, when the ice rink was near the Hayes.
The first game I attended, I was stood behind the goal near to the entrance. Both teams took to the ice and started warming up, with pucks flying everywhere! One puck hit the safety netting (no plexiglass back then) and somehow flew through and hit me on the thigh. I had my hands in my pockets at the time and could do nothing to avoid being hit.
I wasn't really hurt but I had heard that someone had been hit in the face down there in a similar fashion. Ouch!!
Possibly the incident where a Telford Tigers player (allegedly) deliberately fired the puck into the crowd and hit a 17 y.o. girl in the face. I went to the reverse fixture at Telford which had to be abandoned as all hell broke out amongst the players. Any thought of sport that night went out the window. Just fighting. Blood. Bits of kit all over the place. Devils fans were told to leave with immediate effect. Not a good night to have led a school trip there!