+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Summer Transfer Window Critical

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Summer Transfer Window Critical

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I do think we’re not going to be the only club in this situation mind
    Oh for sure. I just hope that Covid hasn't messed up things so much that the PL relegated sides become sure-things for going straight back up because 1. they've got the squads and 2. they've got the parachute payments whilst the rest of the league are struggling forever. The economics of Covid could have already rendered The Championship as a PL MkII. It won't be as competitive outside say, a top 6 clubs and will be very difficult and in most cases (just like the PL) to break through without the money people.

Trouble is, it's further complicated by the FA having no backbone when it comes to FFP regs. being applied fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Oh for sure. I just hope that Covid hasn't messed up things so much that the PL relegated sides become sure-things for going straight back up because 1. they've got the squads and 2. they've got the parachute payments whilst the rest of the league are struggling forever. The economics of Covid could have already rendered The Championship as a PL MkII. It won't be as competitive outside say, a top 6 clubs and will be very difficult and in most cases (just like the PL) to break through without the money people.

Trouble is, it's further complicated by the FA having no backbone when it comes to FFP regs. being applied fairly.
    I think we are already there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think we are already there
    I didn't want to say that but I did think it :-(

A final thought for this thread, how many are assuming we'll play same formation next season?

Mick wasn't shy in picking current formation because it got the most out of players available but looking at players expected here next year and I'd argue that rotation between 4-3-3 and 3-4-1-2 far more likely than currently dominant 3-4-2-1 and occasional 3-4-1-2.

That could mean Watters coming back in from the cold (if playing 2 up front again), greater emphasis on real wingers (Bacuna in a new role?) and slightly more defensive full-backs (D'Almeida favoured and Sang pushed forward?).

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    A final thought for this thread, how many are assuming we'll play same formation next season?

Mick wasn't shy in picking current formation because it got the most out of players available but looking at players expected here next year and I'd argue that rotation between 4-3-3 and 3-4-1-2 far more likely than currently dominant 3-4-2-1 and occasional 3-4-1-2.

That could mean Watters coming back in from the cold (if playing 2 up front again), greater emphasis on real wingers (Bacuna in a new role?) and slightly more defensive full-backs (D'Almeida favoured and Sang pushed forward?).
    We could trial him for the mascot?