+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zimba

Zimba

Watched this lad play for the U23s yesterday. His effort throughout the game was first class and he scored 2 goals, the second flying in like a missile. Must be near worth a chance soon in the 1st. team.

Re: Zimba

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Watched this lad play for the U23s yesterday. His effort throughout the game was first class and he scored 2 goals, the second flying in like a missile. Must be near worth a chance soon in the 1st. team.
    He played a few preseason games and scored ..

I have been really pleasantly surprised by his development. I watched nearly every U23 game last season and while it was obvious he had talent and was quick, I didn't anticipate quite the jump he seems to have made this season.

Perhaps the additions to the coaching team at that level has helped with that.

I agree about his work rate..... Exceptional.

There is another thread on this board about Michael Smith and the possibility that we may be after him, presumably if Moore goes.

But i would honestly rather play Zimba than bring in Smith for any decent money. Of course we would realistically need a replacement for Moore... But Smith is slow and i would honestly prefer Zimba.

Re: Zimba

Shanka is one of the youngsters given an early extension to their contracts
    He was originally with Man City academy but switched to Blackburn
    I agree in the fact that if as expected Kieffer goes tomorrow then why spend money on a mediocre striker when we have players like him chomping at the bit for a first team start 🤔