+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Social care facing 'unprecedented crisis'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Social care facing 'unprecedented crisis'

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Labour had plenty of proposals in 2019, far more than the Tories, who just parroted "Get Brexit done". They also had plenty of popular proposals if this is to be believed, the problem appeared to be a combination of there being too many of them and a "toxic" leader.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9279946.html
    Yes, I know Labour had plenty of proposals; all parties did.

The point is that governance is ****ing hard, and Angela Rayner criticised a policy but didn't say what hers would be.

That's not good enough for me, sorry. I'm surprised it is for you. I'd like a viable government to tell me how my disabled fathers care may pan out in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yes, I know Labour had plenty of proposals; all parties did.

The point is that governance is ****ing hard, and Angela Rayner criticised a policy but didn't say what hers would be.

That's not good enough for me, sorry. I'm surprised it is for you. I'd like a viable government to tell me how my disabled fathers care may pan out in the coming years.
    And this lot have done that? Johnson told everyone almost two years ago that he had a plan for social care before Covid was an issue, was that plan just to put everyone’s NI contributions up and suspend the triple lock on pensions as announced last week - why do you think Johnson wasn’t telling everyone about it in December 2019 I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And this lot have done that? Johnson told everyone almost two years ago that he had a plan for social care before Covid was an issue, was that plan just to put everyone’s NI contributions up and suspend the triple lock on pensions as announced last week - why do you think Johnson wasn’t telling everyone about it in December 2019 I wonder?
    They have literally just announced a funding model for social care. So yes, they have done that.

All the hard work is to come, but at least they have come up with a plan.

Labour have moaned about it on twitter.

That's the difference between the two parties at the moment, unfortunately.

I've nothing against Labour, have voted for them far more often than I have Tory, but I have no time for political parties incapable of making decisions and just whingeing about it from the sidelines.

They have literally just announced a funding model for social care. So yes, they have done that.

I've nothing against Labour, have voted for them far more often than I have Tory, but I have no time for political parties incapable of making decisions and just whingeing about it from the sidelines.
    Think your thoughts ring true for a lot of lost Labour voters ,I've jumped to Lib Dem because of Corbyn preying that Sir Kier was something different, sadly he is not , he sounded very dated at yesterday TUC event and was spouting policy for unions fees and support .

You’re not addressing my point though. Why, when Johnson told everyone before Covid arrived in this country that he had a plan for social care, did it take nearly two years to announce it? Then, when it came, it amounted to a tax increase and a pension freeze, could Johnson’s reluctance to let us in on his plan earlier have something to do with the party of low taxation showing that, actually, they aren’t?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...nson-abandons/

I thought Labour’s response to last week’s announcement was feeble, but they’re the opposition and so they can get away with that to an extent, it seems odd that you’re so bothered about what they did or didn’t have to say.