UK holds all the cards - Lie
    Easiest trade deal ever - Lie
    Food will be cheaper - Lie
    No barriers to trade - Lie
    Manufacturing safe - Lie
    £350 million for the NHS - Lie
    No regression on rights - Lie
    No loss of opportunity for our young to study/work in the EU - Lie

The worst government at the worst time. Absolute shambles. Resign now de Pfeffel Johnson.

Re: Social care facing 'unprecedented crisis'

The worst government at the worst time. Absolute shambles. Resign now de Pfeffel Johnson.

hard to disagree with that statement

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

hard to disagree with that statement
    Should the country have voted for Corbyn ,Rae, Mcdonald, Abbott ,Chapman and would we better off now ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Should the country have voted for Corbyn ,Rae, Mcdonald, Abbott ,Chapman and would we better off now ???
    this is the problem for the general public

don't think we have anyone of note across all parties mind you I do like starmer but when the controlling media goes against him he hasn't got a cat in hells chance of winning for the opposition .

in terms of the details quoted by ninian opinion its far more complex than just blaming Bojo and the current government but to me he shouldn't be there in the first place not a leader just like you know who across the pond

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    this is the problem for the general public

don't think we have anyone of note across all parties mind you I do like starmer but when the controlling media goes against him he hasn't got a cat in hells chance of winning for the opposition .

in terms of the details quoted by ninian opinion its far more complex than just blaming Bojo and the current government but to me he shouldn't be there in the first place not a leader just like you know who across the pond
    I find Sir Kier ( Rodney ) Starmer a bit uninspiring, he needs to be bolder with a new vision , I have the feeling though he is morphing into a lite Blair with a slight left tinge, which will get the far left well and potentiality implode once again as a party .

More whataboutery. I’m talking about the current shambles of a government.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    More whataboutery. I’m talking about the current shambles of a government.
    I get that , however if we are to discuss this we need to understand how such a shambles has been allowed in my thoughts are the alternative would have been potentially worse ?

One could argue this current government is under more pressure than any other since WW2 with Brexit , Covid .

What concerns me folk say oh we knew the Afghanistan situation years ago , so where was the expert oppositions voices then, hindsight politics is a gift ??

We in Wales could unequally take our own decisions now on taxes , environment, business support , health , social care , policing , educations sadly nothing appears that difffent than following Westminster mantra and moaning when it goes wrong , incompetency is everywhere in my humble view ( same in Scotland )

YES!

I get that , however if we are to discuss this we need to understand how such a shambles has been allowed in my thoughts are the alternative would have been potentially worse ?

One could argue this current government is under more pressure than any other since WW2 with Brexit , Covid .

What concerns me folk say oh we knew the Afghanistan situation years ago , so where was the expert oppositions voices then, hindsight politics is a gift ??

We in Wales could unequally take our own decisions now on taxes , environment, business support , health , social care , policing , educations sadly nothing appears that difffent than following Westminster mantra and moaning when it goes wrong , incompetency is everywhere in my humble view ( same in Scotland )
    You do know Corbyn, McDonald and Abbott voted against the Afghan war don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You do know Corbyn, McDonald and Abbott voted against the Afghan war don’t you?
    Yes.

The present opposition team seem very low key until a Raab was caught on holiday , where were thire robust plans or suggestions ,hindsight politics is easy ?

Yes.

The present opposition team seem very low key until a Raab was caught on holiday , where were thire robust plans or suggestions ,hindsight politics is easy ?
    You don't seem to get that Governments are meant to govern and oppositions oppose. That's why Labour get blamed by many for the second Iraq invasion and what happened in 2008 despite the fact that they were backed all of the way by the Conservative opposition at the time who have got away Scot free as far as responsibility for both events are concerned.

How anyone can look at the litany of cock ups (many of them avoidable), rank bad decisions, lies, cronyism and law breaking which has characterised this Government and then come out with "ah, but what if Corbyn/Labour had been in Government" is beyond me - they aren't, they haven't been for more than a decade, it really is the most feeble of justifications for voting Tory,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You don't seem to get that Governments are meant to govern and oppositions oppose. That's why Labour get blamed by many for the second Iraq invasion and what happened in 2008 despite the fact that they were backed all of the way by the Conservative opposition at the time who have got away Scot free as far as responsibility for both events are concerned.

How anyone can look at the litany of cock ups (many of them avoidable), rank bad decisions, lies, cronyism and law breaking which has characterised this Government and then come out with "ah, but what if Corbyn/Labour had been in Government" is beyond me - they aren't, they haven't been for more than a decade, it really is the most feeble of justifications for voting Tory,
    Well Wales could be difffent couldn't they and deploy those radical policies you think are better including tax rises to pay for the less fortunate in our country ( not UK ) ???/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes he would of and his inept cabinet having chassed out the real talent of the party

Yes he would of and his inept cabinet having chassed out the real talent of the party
    Was that when Corbyn (not forgetting his 'inept cabinet') chassed all the talent out in the Chicken Coup?

I think you will find there was no chassing - just choreographed resignations (they walked) as part of a plot to destroy his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Was that when Corbyn (not forgetting his 'inept cabinet') chassed all the talent out in the Chicken Coup?

I think you will find there was no chassing - just choreographed resignations (they walked) as part of a plot to destroy his leadership.
    And created the unelected mess there in now, Corbyn and his like are /were bullies and that's documented and reflected in a Panaroma documentary of bullying and harrasment , and antisemitism enquiries where the party were found guilty , published social media attacks were also there for all to see . Nasty bunch.

Probably yeah as we'd have gone some way to tackle the overiding problem across the western world in the mega rich not paying their fair share. We'd have definitely have seen less covid deaths as we would have shut down earlier too.

And created the unelected mess there in now, Corbyn and his like are /were bullies and that's documented and reflected in a Panaroma documentary of bullying and harrasment , and antisemitism enquiries where the party were found guilty , published social media attacks were also there for all to see . Nasty bunch.
    Straight out of Rupert Murdoch's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Straight out of Rupert Murdoch's mouth.
    No in the minds of a lot of voters who don't give a flying feck about evil Murdoch or Corbyn and his lunatic student fringe groups , both cut from the same warped ideologies just flying a different flag.

Corbyn put nutty Boris in power ( fact ) and more moderate centrist Labour party would have beaten or got closer not handover 80 seats .

No in the minds of a lot of voters who don't give a flying feck about evil Murdoch or Corbyn and his lunatic student fringe groups , both cut from the same warped ideologies just flying a different flag.

Corbyn put nutty Boris in power ( fact ) and more moderate centrist Labour party would have beaten or got closer not handover 80 seats .
    'Fact'. That's another word you have trouble with!

Corbyn's problem was that he was a weak parliamentary leader and avoided confrontation and ended up making constant concessions to his internal enemies. His mantra was always to focus on the policy not the person. I'm not sure about all those in his office, but he is and was as far from a bully as you can get. Ineffective - certainly. A bully or 'nasty bunch' - nonsense.

And what is the rest of the word soup about? The John Ware Panorama programme and the EHRC report into alleged Labour antisemitism? The first provided a platform for right wing and anti-Palestinian opponents of Corbyn to make wild and dishonest allegations. The second did not find the Labour Party guilty of institutional anti-semitism as much of the press (and you) reported. It looked into many of the Panorama allegations too. It concluded that internal processes needed to improve, that there were a handful of snti-semitic social media posts from the thousands put its way (both individuals were expelled/resigned), that 'interference' from the leaders office was done to speed up investigations, and that many of those accused (disproportionately Jewish - as you know) were not treated fairly.

Starmer and his new General Secretary Evans are still using those discredited processes with no internal or external criticism from the Labour right, from John Ware, from the Board of Deputies or from the Israeli embassy. Figure that out!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Corbyn's problem was that he was a weak parliamentary leader and avoided confrontation and ended up making constant concessions to his internal enemies. His mantra was always to focus on the policy not the person. I'm not sure about all those in his office, but he is and was as far from a bully as you can get. Ineffective - certainly. A bully or 'nasty bunch' - nonsense.

And what is the rest of the word soup about? The John Ware Panorama programme and the EHRC report into alleged Labour antisemitism? The first provided a platform for right wing and anti-Palestinian opponents of Corbyn to make wild and dishonest allegations. The second did not find the Labour Party guilty of institutional anti-semitism as much of the press (and you) reported. It looked into many of the Panorama allegations too. It concluded that internal processes needed to improve, that there were a handful of snti-semitic social media posts from the thousands put its way (both individuals were expelled/resigned), that 'interference' from the leaders office was done to speed up investigations, and that many of those accused (disproportionately Jewish - as you know) were not treated fairly.

Starmer and his new General Secretary Evans are still using those discredited processes with no internal or external criticism from the Labour right, from John Ware, from the Board of Deputies or from the Israeli embassy. Figure that out!
    Ring Alan Johnson up he'll explain it for you .

Ring Alan Johnson up he'll explain it for you .
    It’s a strange attitude that ignores the shambles that is happening around them while congratulating themselves about the one they think we’ve avoided by them voting for the bunch of nonentities currently in charge.

Whatiffery is all Torys have to fall back on these days.

Please explain how students are 'lunatic fringe'

How the hell are Corbyn and Murdoch from the same warped ideologies, that's the most mental thing I've ever seen written.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Please explain how students are 'lunatic fringe'

How the hell are Corbyn and Murdoch from the same warped ideologies, that's the most mental thing I've ever seen written.
    Ones far left thebotherv isv far right both warped ideologies.

Labour under Corbyn behavioued like a radical student fringe group off thier heads .

This quote below on election night from Labours Alan Johnson should help you :

“Corbyn was a disaster on the doorstep. Everyone knew that he couldn’t lead the working class out of a paper bag.

Now Jon’s Lansman developed this Momentum group, this party within a party, aiming to keep the purity, the culture of betrayal goes on.

“You’ll hear it more and more now over the next couple of days as this little cult get their act together. I want them out of the party. I want Momentum gone. Go back to your student politics and your little left wing...”