+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan James to Leeds

Dan James to Leeds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58388786

Obviously falling down the pecking order at Man Utd now that Ronnie is going back (although DJ started on the weekend).
    Mixed emotions on this as from a Welsh perspective, more game time in an attacking minded team can only help the national team...but it is Leeds and very difficult to like anything about them from a city fan point of view.
    Good luck to him though.

Re: Dan James to Leeds

Can't say I'm too fond of man United either.

He can certainly pick a club.

Will hopefully be better for Wales though, can still develop and will hopefully play a lot more.

Big price for him

Hope doesn't give him unnecessary pressure

Hope he smashes 50 goals and 200 assists a season but they still get relegated

it'll be interesting to see what Bielsa gets out of him

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    According to those in the game, he's the greatest coach there is. Be great to see James develop over a few years under Bielsa, think this is a great move for Wales (and him).

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    According to those in the game, he's the greatest coach there is. Be great to see James develop over a few years under Bielsa, think this is a great move for Wales (and him).
    there's every chance bielsa will convert him onto a sweeper or something though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's the 3rd time Leeds have tried to buy him so Bielsa's clearly a fan which can only help James

It’s also good to see that James doesn’t want to just to sit on the bench picking up his wages 🤔👍

I think it’s a perfect fit for him with their style of play.

£30m Wow great deal for ManU

All done so CR7 gets 7 ??????????

Lets see if we now see special dispensation applied for to allow Cavani to give up 7 and move to his favoured country shirt number 21 ??

Oooh the image rights profit are bubbling for both players , courtesy of Dan .

Agreed, is there anyone better than Bielsa in the current British game at improving players?

Lot of money.

Yes. Sean Dyche , I would say. How he’s kept that club in the PL I don’t know. That tells everyone he must be getting a lot out of his current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Yes. Sean Dyche , I would say. How he’s kept that club in the PL I don’t know. That tells everyone he must be getting a lot out of his current squad.
    His record transfer is 15 million (only just happened) and he’s kept them up for how long! He’s done an outstanding job in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, is there anyone better than Bielsa in the current British game at improving players?
    Yes. Many. Bielsa dosent really imporove players (ability vise) But is good integrating them into his system. Dan James will thrive on his energy and work rate, and Bielsa will use his speed for retention and creating unbalance in transition. But as the tactical nouse you are, I suspect you already knew this. Love Dan, and good move for him.

If Swansea included a sell on clause, they could be in for a couple of quid.

I don't watch james that much at club level but would say he has defibitley improved over last 2 years.

When he first signed for united looked miles behind technically but has certainly got better. Hes done better than i thought he would but once youre a fringe player at a top club best can hope for is a move to a midtable club unless a team abroad comes in for you.

Good luck to him

Agreed, and seeing all the snooty abuse he gets from Man Utd fans whenever he plays I hope he scores the winner against them as well

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed, and seeing all the snooty abuse he gets from Man Utd fans whenever he plays I hope he scores the winner against them as well
    I’d cheer Adolf Hitler scoring the winner against them.