+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Deadline Day today……

Re: Transfer Deadline Day today……

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Roberts & Grimes off as well I think?
    Unfortunately the players they’ve developed and sold over the years puts us to shame… we’re not even in the same stratosphere

Swansea fans will be devastated if Grimes goes
    He was the stand out player by far on the box the other week 🤔😩😂

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    If you get him on a 'pay as you play deal', it won't cost you a penny !
    It’s a signing borne out of desperation. Apparently we have to let one go before we can sign Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Swansea fans will be devastated if Grimes goes
    He was the stand out player by far on the box the other week ������
    I know one of his friends and there have been elliptical indications that he is likely to move home shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I honestly don't think it is

It's going to be a damp squib
    Shirley if it's pelanty it must be squid 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Just had a missed call from City. Maybe they’ve decided to take a gamble and offer me terms as a 57 year old back up keeper. Or it could be they have finally managed to sort my season ticket out.
    Knowing City of late, Smithies has gone, and you are the back up keeper for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Unfortunately the players they’ve developed and sold over the years puts us to shame… we’re not even in the same stratosphere
    Not very good at getting a fair price though. £2.5m is how much Roberts has gone for

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Knowing City of late, Smithies has gone, and you are the back up keeper for the rest of the season
    Logic would indicate George Ratcliffe will be pleased that fans consider him secondary to a 57 year old named after a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's had a lot less cash to play with though
    Outgoings included..
    Joe Bennett
    Jonny Williams
    Sol Bamba
    Junior Hoilett
    James Waite
    Joe Day
    Robert Glatzel
    Max Watters - loan
    Gavin Whyte - loan
    Ryan Wintle - loan

Plus we lost Ojo, Wilson & Osei-Tutu

Incomings...
    James Collins
    Mark McGuinness
    Ryan Wintle - in and now back out
    Ryan Giles - loan

13 out and 4 in. Of the 4 in .. one has been sent straight back out on loan and McGuiness likely to be back up only.

Essentially two players in.

While I'm certainly not advocating for a huge recruitment, as some of the youngsters are good enough, I do feel we are lacking some attacking players.

So yeah he has had limited funds, but there is no way anyone can argue this has been a decent transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Outgoings included..
    Joe Bennett
    Jonny Williams
    Sol Bamba
    Junior Hoilett
    James Waite
    Joe Day
    Robert Glatzel
    Max Watters - loan
    Gavin Whyte - loan
    Ryan Wintle - loan

Incomings...
    James Collins
    Mark McGuinness
    Ryan Giles - loan

13 out and 4 in. Of the 4 in .. one has been sent straight back out on loan and McGuiness likely to be back up only.

While I'm certainly not advocating for a huge recruitment, as some of the youngsters are good enough, I do feel we are lacking some attacking players.

So yeah he has had limited funds, but there is no way anyone can argue this has been a decent transfer window.
    Logic dictates there are many factors into defining a decent transfer window.

Outgoings have included higher aged, waged, unlikely to play players ( Bennett, Williams, Bamba, Hoilett, Day, Glatzel ). Waite wasn't going to make it with us; played LWB for the u23s last season seemed to seal his fate.

Watters, Whyte loaned out to reduce their wages, with contributions almost certainly being made by loaning club; also put in shop window.

Of the incomings, we've a young central defender who can pass the ball - helps for the future with an aging set of central defenders; also useful for transitioning style. Collins is a useful, experienced backup. Giles is a quality player albeit on loan.

Incomings should realistically also include youngsters who are now far nearer to first team football than at any point over the last decade. Sang, Bagan, Colwill have so far not looked out of place. isaak Davis is highly rated and Sam Bowen , Kieran Evans can't be that far off getting some appearances.

From that perspective, it's been a decent transfer window that sets the club for the longer term. We still need to offload some players - Josh Murphy springs to mind.

Outgoings included..
    Joe Bennett
    Jonny Williams
    Sol Bamba
    Junior Hoilett
    James Waite
    Joe Day
    Robert Glatzel
    Max Watters - loan
    Gavin Whyte - loan
    Ryan Wintle - loan

Incomings...
    James Collins
    Mark McGuinness
    Ryan Giles - loan

We had too large a squad. Waite and Day weren't first team players anyway. Bennett had a serious injury. Bamba was 36 and Williams was rarely playing.

Outgoings included..
    Joe Bennett
    Jonny Williams
    Sol Bamba
    Junior Hoilett
    James Waite
    Joe Day
    Robert Glatzel
    Max Watters - loan
    Gavin Whyte - loan
    Ryan Wintle - loan

Incomings...
    James Collins
    Mark McGuinness
    Ryan Giles - loan

I think it has been a decent window.
    yes we are weaker than last season, but that was inevitable really given the financial situation.
    our money coming in will be less than half this season than it was last season. that's like a relegation in most leagues.
    we probably have a fair bit of cost cutting to go.
    given that I think we've made some sensible moves that could have good upsides.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Jamal Lowe to Bournemouth. Selling anything that moves down west. They are not happy.
    Well if you are going to name your stadium the SCS...

Apart from scoring against us here, of course, Jamal Lowe hasn't worked out well for them and getting £2.5 million for player in last year of contract isn't bad business...

he says looking at all the players we're paying for this year and then losing for free next year.

QPR going after Andre Gray, Birmingham getting Troy Deeney, Middlesborough, Bournemouth and and Fulham spending big...

Appears that many see this season as a big opportunity for them.

Through want or necessity we're mostly planning for next year onwards, but seeing us still aim for top 6 (premier league loan, keeping hold of star striker, manager who knows his way to the play-offs) while looking to the future makes this the most interesting season since our year in the Premier League.

We've had some bad years in the past decade but the frequently seen moaning on here is mostly about what happened then (and the consequence we're still seeing) rather than what's happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Just had a missed call from City. Maybe they’ve decided to take a gamble and offer me terms as a 57 year old back up keeper. Or it could be they have finally managed to sort my season ticket out.
    2 year deal and a £10 token for Argos.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Isn't there only one stratosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't there only one stratosphere?
    I suppose it is likely that there are other planets with a layer in their atmospheres with Similar properties

I suppose it is likely that there are other planets with a layer in their atmospheres with Similar properties
    True. I was being very parochial.

True. I was being very parochial.
    You've just taken parochialism to a whole new dimension.

Ethan Ampadu is available on loan, would he come to the Championship?

would we want him?

would we want him?
    Why are we here?

Why are we here?
    are we here?

are we here?
    Do you think we are somewhere else?

Will he have a choice? I can't see anybody in the Premier League wanting him.