+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Transfer Deadline Day today……

Re: Transfer Deadline Day today……

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Last week our McManager stated that he was happy with the squad and didn’t want to lose any players in case we got hit by COVID-19.
    Since then he’s loaned out two players.
    To say that we are weaker than last season is a massive understatement.
    The window has made a lot of sense from a financial perspective, but playerwise is another story.
    We are certainly weaker than last season but with the leavers and loans out there are spaces in the squad for youth players that wouldn’t have been there otherwise.

It will be a transitional season where Bagan, Harris, Sang, Brown and Colwill will hopefully be joined by Davies, Bowen, Evans and 2-3 others. The latest transfer decisions have made that possible.

Provided we can stay competitive this could be the year when the club finally gets its business and development model right. Financial sense and maybe (as a bonus) a more attractive playing style too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Quite possibly, but maybe they'll get it right eventually. They're now a short price to win the division this season and look worthy favourites to me. Should be a side worth watching in the coming months.
    Go and watch them then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sheyi Ojo to Millwall on a season long loan.
    It's his seventh loan move since he joined Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We are certainly weaker than last season but with the leavers and loans out there are spaces in the squad for youth players that wouldn’t have been there otherwise.

It will be a transitional season where Bagan, Harris, Sang, Brown and Colwill will hopefully be joined by Davies, Bowen, Evans and 2-3 others. The latest transfer decisions have made that possible.

Provided we can stay competitive this could be the year when the club finally gets its business and development model right. Financial sense and maybe (as a bonus) a more attractive playing style too?
    I think we're entering an interesting time for the club with so many players out of contract in the summer. If the youngsters can kick on then it would really help the club in making the decisions of who to keep and who to let go. We could end up with a vastly reduced wage bill whilst maintaining a solid position in the league, this would be a great place to build from

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think he is usually terribly frustrating to watch and he doesn't seem to know when to release the ball and - loses possession as a result.
    He's been mismanaged the whole time he's been here. He was the more successful of the two brothers at Norwich, Jacob plays regularly in the EPL and we've never been able to get to best out of Josh. He is frustrating, but at times he shows composure on the ball and is a good finisher. I can't believe letting him go out on loan makes us a better unit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's been mismanaged the whole time he's been here. He was the more successful of the two brothers at Norwich, Jacob plays regularly in the EPL and we've never been able to get to best out of Josh. He is frustrating, but at times he shows composure on the ball and is a good finisher. I can't believe letting him go out on loan makes us a better unit.
    what if sending him out on loan means we can afford to keep Morrison next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what if sending him out on loan means we can afford to keep Morrison next season?
    I'm not really concerned with next season. I'm concerned with the next phase. And sadly, I don't really see Morrison being a part of that. He's 30. He can't cope with the EPL. He's been a great captain and a great Championship defender. But it's coming to an end. And when that time comes there should be no room for sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think that losing possession so often can be the fault of management and as his absence reduces the monthly financial losses a tad.