+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Deadline Day today……

Re: Transfer Deadline Day today……

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We have one senior striker in George Puscas fit with our leading scorers Lucas Joao and Yakou Meite out long term. So who do we buy in the knowledge that we cannot bring in a striker unless we move somebody out first? Danny Drinkwater. Jesus wept. We are a shambles.
    Probably one of the most unlikely Premier League winners ever!

Murphy may be off on loan, nobody's coming in even if he does go

Glad to see Dan James going to Leeds- will be good for him and Wales

Are we safe?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How's our reputation in South America? Are we known as good guys to sign with?
    Probably not great due to the Sala tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Are we safe?
    As long as you self isolate

Jack’s sign Michael Obafemi from Southampton, not exactly prolific but he has had limited opportunities at Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Brilliant!

So Murphy's gone to Deepdale.
    We cannot just rely on youngsters.

That’s really poor for us. Another attacker gone.
    My son will be livid when he wakes up, as Murphy’s his favourite player!

Wouldn't have had a problem with this if we'd done it with time to get a replacement. Mick clearly didn't rate him and wasn't going to pick him. But we look very thin on the ground now. I'm all for opportunities for the academy players, but how many can we get away with playing at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Wouldn't have had a problem with this if we'd done it with time to get a replacement. Mick clearly didn't rate him and wasn't going to pick him. But we look very thin on the ground now. I'm all for opportunities for the academy players, but how many can we get away with playing at once?
    It's not just that - a few injuries to key players....then what? This is bad. I don't care what people think of him as a player. I'm shocked if this is driven by finances. Isn't it down to MM? If he says he's not going to play him then the money people want to get him off the books. But if they get him off the books with such a scarily weak squad and strategy, then they can't play him at all (at least until they have the option to recall him in January if that is even an option) and MM is throwing his lot in and saying 'call it'. He's either super brilliant or super stupid. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 31-08-21 at 23:20. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's not just that - a few injuries to key players....then what?
    Absolutely.

Sheyi Ojo to Millwall on a season long loan.

Sending Murphy out on loan just sends a terrible message. What a waste. This club is a mess.

Nathaniel Chalobah looks another good signing for Fulham. Their squad looks exceptionally strong by recent Championship standards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nathaniel Chalobah looks another good signing for Fulham. Their squad looks exceptionally strong by recent Championship standards.
    Then, in nine months time, they'll begin the process of dismantling a promotion squad, bringing in another load of expensive duds and get relegated again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sending Murphy out on loan just sends a terrible message. What a waste. This club is a mess.
    Terrible message???? I was at the cup game against Brighton U21’s. He was useless and subbed off AGAIN! He’s had chance after chance after chance and has been consistently bad. Can’t go past a man, falls over, pulls out of tackles. Now he may prove to be OK for Preston but he continually underperformed for us. No loss. The overreaction on here to losing a bang average player is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Terrible message???? I was at the cup game against Brighton U21’s. He was useless and subbed off AGAIN! He’s had chance after chance after chance and has been consistently bad. Can’t go past a man, falls over, pulls out of tackles. Now he may prove to be OK for Preston but he continually underperformed for us. No loss. The overreaction on here to losing a bang average player is embarrassing.
    I think he is usually terribly frustrating to watch and he doesn't seem to know when to release the ball and - loses possession as a result.

No loss.
    An £11 million loss in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Then, in nine months time, they'll begin the process of dismantling a promotion squad, bringing in another load of expensive duds and get relegated again.
    Quite possibly, but maybe they'll get it right eventually. They're now a short price to win the division this season and look worthy favourites to me. Should be a side worth watching in the coming months.

Spot on .

Last week our McManager stated that he was happy with the squad and didn’t want to lose any players in case we got hit by COVID-19.
    Since then he’s loaned out two players.
    To say that we are weaker than last season is a massive understatement.
    The window has made a lot of sense from a financial perspective, but playerwise is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    When Marley scored from open play, with his feet, I knew his days at city were numbered.
    When it looked like City were going to sign Watkins, holy hell broke out on this board as to what a useless signing he would be and that we shouldn't go anywhere near him. Funny that is t it.