+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff yesterday books

Cardiff yesterday books

How much would you say the full set would be volumes 1-36 if in immaculate condition and in hardback?
    Best place to sell?
    I've seen £600 quoted is that to much?

Re: Cardiff yesterday books

I'd say £600 is too much, that's £16.66 each. I've seen them sell at £10 each , or less and there is a set available at an auction house at the moment. the auction house starting price is £10 and there are no bids yet (that's is for the set). So if you are selling them take it, but if you are buying shop around, you should be able to pick them up much cheaper.

What's the auction house?

It's Cotswold Auction House and below is the link via The Saleroom. Obviously there are fees on top plus you'd have to collect.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...5-ad8f00c01926

The 'set' is 36 volumes, and some of them are worth more than others. The first ten are very common, the next ten fairly easy to find, but as you go higher up the numbers, they get harder to locate - except for 36. That might seem strange, but lots of people bought that volume, because it was advertised heavily in the Echo, as being 'the last one'.
    I'm missing four (27-29, and 35, if you're interested), and have seen them on sale for up to £80 each. Everyone tells me "Oh, you see them all the time, in charity shops", and you do - but not the ones I'm looking for! £600 does seem a bit excessive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    How much would you say the full set would be volumes 1-36 if in immaculate condition and in hardback?
    Best place to sell?
    I've seen £600 quoted is that to much?
    I've got the comete set, wouldn't sell

I seen on Wales online they are selling for over £600 plus in an article for a complete set in mint condition

I know it's changing the subject a little but just followed the link to the auction site and they're selling a Royal Box version of the 1927 FA Cup Final programme, seems to have a leather navy cover. Amazing item. Bet there's not many of them floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    I know it's changing the subject a little but just followed the link to the auction site and they're selling a Royal Box version of the 1927 FA Cup Final programme, seems to have a leather navy cover. Amazing item. Bet there's not many of them floating around.
    Also on that site is the programme for the 1910 game against Aston Villa to open Ninian Park, other 1925 and 1927 Cup Final programmes, tickets for both those cup finals, Cardiff City share certificates and all sorts of stuff. There was another auction recently where bound volumes of City programmes dating back to the 1920s were sold. Judging by the amount and quality of City stuff for sale recently a collector must be divesting himself of his collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Also on that site is the programme for the 1910 game against Aston Villa to open Ninian Park, other 1925 and 1927 Cup Final programmes, tickets for both those cup finals, Cardiff City share certificates and all sorts of stuff. There was another auction recently where bound volumes of City programmes dating back to the 1920s were sold. Judging by the amount and quality of City stuff for sale recently a collector must be divesting himself of his collection.
    Or an opportunist who acquired them and is shifting them on for cash via various auction houses. I know most Cardiff programme collectors and none, if any, have all of this sort of memorabilia. It's a shame the club don't have this stuff in their records.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Or an opportunist who acquired them and is shifting them on for cash via various auction houses. I know most Cardiff programme collectors and none, if any, have all of this sort of memorabilia. It's a shame the club don't have this stuff in their records.
    I notice also on the same site are loads of Newport County programmes some dating back as far as the 1920s

Unless Cardiff and Newport step in it looks like some important South Wales football Memorabilia is going to be spread to the four winds. In terms of the Cardiff items it’s the sort of stuff that should be in the Museum planned for CCS especially the 1910 Ninian Park opening game programme.

In the context of the total turnover of CCFC the cost of acquiring these items should be negligible - a small proportion of the weekly wage of one of our better paid players. It would be a great shame if these items, or at least the important ones, are not acquired for City fans to enjoy.

What auction site are these on?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    What auction site are these on?
    See the link earlier in the thread and put Cardiff City or Newport County into the search box