+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connor Roberts- is he a Premier League player ?

Connor Roberts- is he a Premier League player ?

Judging by the way Sean Dyche has kept his club in the Premier League, and improving their players ability , along the way, will Connor Roberts turn out to be a good buy, and benefit Wales at the same time ?

Re: Connor Roberts- is he a Premier League player ?

Well he is now.

Dyche has done very well there and clearly thinks Roberts can improve them.

I think for Burnley he is perfect.

For one season - yes.

He works very hard and is very fit, has a bit of pace as well. That's enough for Dyche and Burnley as a club. I'm not sure how Burnley set up, but Roberts is good enough to stop most wide players making an impact outside of the top ten in the premier league, and that's enough for Burnley. Whether or not he'll be in it to create as opposed to just stopping is another thing. Roberts has got an engine on him .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He works very hard and is very fit, has a bit of pace as well. That's enough for Dyche and Burnley as a club. I'm not sure how Burnley set up, but Roberts is good enough to stop most wide players making an impact outside of the top ten in the premier league, and that's enough for Burnley. Whether or not he'll be in it to create as opposed to just stopping is another thing. Roberts has got an engine on him .
    This

Good luck to him

created the second most chances in the league (a long way) after Emi Buendia last season.
    of course that is heavily influenced by how each individual team is set up to progress the ball, and Swansea must have used Roberts extensively for that, but. it's still impressive

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This

Good luck to him
    Agree with you and Tuerto and interesting to read Ryk's stats too. I'd have loved Roberts at Cardiff. He does work really hard and he's had some really good games for Wales as well as Swansea, both in defence and attack. Gets high up the park and creates chances and when I've seen him has a good burst of speed. Burnely have made a good signing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Agree with you and Tuerto and interesting to read Ryk's stats too. I'd have loved Roberts at Cardiff. He does work really hard and he's had some really good games for Wales as well as Swansea, both in defence and attack. Gets high up the park and creates chances and when I've seen him has a good burst of speed. Burnely have made a good signing IMO.
    He is also particularly good at fouling, diving, screaming out loud when fouled and cheating.

He will be a great signing for Burnley and at £2.5m he must be an absolute bargain. Surely Swansea could have got double that because that is what he must be worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He is also particularly good at fouling, diving, screaming out loud when fouled and cheating.
    Good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He will be a great signing for Burnley and at £2.5m he must be an absolute bargain. Surely Swansea could have got double that because that is what he must be worth.
    Swansea must be in the shit if they accepted 2.5 million for him.

Yeah, but if we'd signed him, he'd be our fouling, diving, screaming out load when fouled, cheat....and you'd love him

Yep. The £2.5m is quoted on Sky Sports News.

Good news eh

£2.5million is an absolute bargain isn’t it?

Dyche doesn’t spend much money and uses it wisely, that’s how they’re still a premier league team after this long.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Good news eh
    The amount of players they have sold at a massive profit is nobodies business. They even got 12 million for that duff Mawson. They must've ****ed up with wages etc on their most expensive signings, plus no parachute payments.

Logic indicates that the question "Is X a Premier League player" is an easy one.

If they are on the books of a Prem League club and eligible to play in the Prem League for that club, then yes they are a Prem League player.

If the question is intended to instead question if the player is of Premier League quality, then it's impossible to give a definitive answer. There's no objective "Premier League" standard, opinions of players abilities are subjective and players of all quality levels have played in the Prem League, including someone purporting to be the cousin of George Weah.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic indicates that the question "Is X a Premier League player" is an easy one.

If they are on the books of a Prem League club and eligible to play in the Prem League for that club, then yes they are a Prem League player.

If the question is intended to instead question if the player is of Premier League quality, then it's impossible to give a definitive answer. There's no objective "Premier League" standard, opinions of players abilities are subjective and players of all quality levels have played in the Prem League, including someone purporting to be the cousin of George Weah.
    And Harry Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, but if we'd signed him, he'd be our fouling, diving, screaming out load when fouled, cheat....and you'd love him
    I used to think that I disliked him so much because he is a Jack, but I find his antics really irritating when he plays for Wales as well.

Can’t see someone like Dyche tolerating any silly antics from anyone in his team. You’d probably get pinned up against the dressing room wall, if you tried it on!!

Does he do all of that when he’s playing for Wales as well?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This

Good luck to him
    He's shyte and will end up at Reading

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Does he do all of that when he’s playing for Wales as well?
    No he looks like a headless chicken then…..

More than good enough to fit in at Burnley. If he can work on the times that his 'bit of edge' tips over into silly fouls then this will be great for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No he looks like a headless chicken then…..
    I’ve always thought he was a decent player