+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dalman and Choo have to go

Re: Dalman and Choo have to go

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    An idiot is someone would provide a list of our Championship finishing positions since 2012/2013 and deliberately miss out three of our most successful seasons (1st, 2nd and 5th), presumably only because it doesn't fit his argument and beggars his figures up. Our average Championship finishing position in the last nine seasons has been 6.7 and the other two seasons we were in the Premier League. If that doesn’t make us a successful top six club, I don't know what does. Not by your definition though obviously, due to your blind hatred of anyone associated with Vincent Tan.
    My assessment would be measured against Wolves who went up at the same time. They would be my definition of successful and we are no way near that standard of success.

What about Villa? Leeds? If Wolves come down I’d be amazed if they didn’t go straight back up. Remember that was the line sold to the fans when we got relegated. Then we got Harris! Burnley bought Roberts for F all and we couldn’t stretch to that measly sum. It’s not right. None of the lads coming through are going to set the league on fire and if any of them do, they’ll sell them!

But hey, let’s be excited by having a Wolves player on loan.

We knew we had to get rid of some of the earners, I think signing Collins was a key bit of business. The youngsters have to be up to it now.
    I think of most this was to be expected.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    They have senior roles at HR Owen and both live in west London. They are inexperienced in football Roles and refuse to supplement the boardroom with football men who can add expert direction.
    they've both been here for 10 years. Just how long does it take to become an experienced football man? Also, I've heard that term bandied about before

Wasn't expecting anything yesterday. It's disappointing that Murphy left but history suggests that we're not going to miss him. Personally I'm more excited about a season with the kids than I am about a few 30 somethings coming in yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    My assessment would be measured against Wolves who went up at the same time. They would be my definition of successful and we are no way near that standard of success.

What about Villa? Leeds? If Wolves come down I’d be amazed if they didn’t go straight back up. Remember that was the line sold to the fans when we got relegated. Then we got Harris! Burnley bought Roberts for F all and we couldn’t stretch to that measly sum. It’s not right. None of the lads coming through are going to set the league on fire and if any of them do, they’ll sell them!

But hey, let’s be excited by having a Wolves player on loan.
    Measly sum - £2.5m. We haven't got it and neither have most of the other clubs in the Championship. Wolves bought themselves access to the Premier League by buying in and loaning in half of Portugal's national team due to their Jorge Mendes contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You claimed "Choo and Dalman have been running a successful top six championship side for a number of years."

Dalman became Chairman in July 2013. In his first season as Chairman, the club was relegated to the Championship, having finished rock bottom of the Premier League. The club's record with Dalman as Chairman is as follows:

2013/14 - 20th in the Premier League (relegated)
    2014/15 - 11th in the Championship
    2015/16 - 8th in the Championship
    2016/17 - 12th in the Championship
    2017/18 - 2nd in the Championship (promoted)
    2018/19 - 18th in the Premier League (relegated)
    2019/20 - 5th in the Championship
    2020/21 - 8th in the Championship

Not quite as you described, is it? And let's not forget the club has been continually losing significant sums of money during that period. Successful? Do you really think so?
    Dalman joined the City board in January 2012 and was effectively running the club until he was made chairman in 2013. As I said City are a successful Championship club. Word twisting and loose interpretation by you again.

Dalman joined the City board in January 2012 and was effectively running the club until he was made chairman in 2013. As I said City are a successful Championship club. Word twisting and loose interpretation by you again.
    They are all business men how do you equate your term success with the millions thrown down a black hole?

Measly sum - £2.5m. We haven't got it and neither have most of the other clubs in the Championship. Wolves bought themselves access to the Premier League by buying in and loaning in half of Portugal's national team due to their Jorge Mendes contacts.
    There’s always an excuse. It’s never our owner’s or the board’s responsibility is it? I think we’re being lied to. But I’m going to leave it there. I know when I’m flogging a dead horse.

Dalman joined the City board in January 2012 and was effectively running the club until he was made chairman in 2013.
    Really?!? Can you prove it?

If what you say is correct, why did Vincent Tan appoint Simon Lim as acting chairman in March 2013 instead of Mehmet Dalman? And why did Dalman tell the press in June 2014 that his new position as Executive Chairman after Lim’s departure gave him the power to make executive decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    They are all business men how do you equate your term success with the millions thrown down a black hole?
    Millions of Tans own money. Plus I was talking about success on the pitch. We haven't finished lower in the Championship than 13th since 2008.

You do realise that TLG is a total knob who thinks being a smartarse is cool but is really just some odd loser joking ex fan who only posts to get brownie points from the club basher,
    Horse face is another puppet.
    Love Stockholm.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    You do realise that TLG is a total knob who thinks being a smartarse is cool but is really just some odd loser joking ex fan who only posts to get brownie points from the club basher,
    Horse face is another puppet.
    Love Stockholm.
    This has been apparent to me for some time.

Millions of Tans own money. Plus I was talking about success on the pitch. We haven't finished lower in the Championship than 13th since 2008.
    Millions of tans own money wasted by his board of directors.
    Not success at all.
    If you throw money at something you want a return on it all Tan has had is losses on losses that's not success in anyone's book.

Not success at all.
    If you throw money at something you want a return on it all Tan has had is losses on losses that's not success in anyone's book.
    Exactly that.

Tan's and his own men wasting his money with their managerial choices and also agreement to signings while being led blindly by those managers.
    How can anybody be hands on with a signing as part of the recruitment team and then point fingers at the manager when it goes wrong? Team decision when deciding to sign the player but one person being the fall guy when it turns to s***? It is laughable.

Tan, Dalman and Choo pick the managers. Tan, Dalman and Choo sit down with the manager and agree on the signing of players before releasing the funds.
    If the signing is a success then they bask in the praise. If it fails then throw the manager under the bus for that signing while usually in the process of sacking him. Then repeat.

The recruitment team are either top level professionals in charge of a football club and very competent or a bit wet behind the ears and naive people who get caught out by the dark and sneaky side of football. Sadly for the fans our board choose their position at any point on that scale dependant on how things look at the time.

dml is comedy gold on here of late. "I've got family in Sheffield who know...." 😄 Stan Butler can't even rescue him if he keeps on like this.

Nothing changes here until the personnel change.

Whether that is replacing those mentioned or supplementing them with people who are able to -

1) Appoint a manager that the club needs if it is truly wanting to go in the direction of playing better football and entertain more.

2) Sign players that fit into that model.

The least they can admit to at least is that they were played by Warnock quite a few times. Most can also see that while they've said they want better football they could not have trawled the football league and found 3 more direct and no frills style managers.

It won't happen. We are on a cost cutting exercise while expecting fans to still turn up in the same number.
    It is a dangerous game with regards to returning to the Premier League any time soon but if people want run of the mill mid table Championship then they will be happy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Exactly that.

Tan's and his own men wasting his money with their managerial choices and also agreement to signings while being led blindly by those managers.
    How can anybody be hands on with a signing as part of the recruitment team and then point fingers at the manager when it goes wrong? Team decision when deciding to sign the player but one person being the fall guy when it turns to s***? It is laughable.

Tan, Dalman and Choo pick the managers. Tan, Dalman and Choo sit down with the manager and agree on the signing of players before releasing the funds.
    If the signing is a success then they bask in the praise. If it fails then throw the manager under the bus for that signing while usually in the process of sacking him. Then repeat.

The recruitment team are either top level professionals in charge of a football club and very competent or a bit wet behind the ears and naive people who get caught out by the dark and sneaky side of football. Sadly for the fans our board choose their position at any point on that scale dependant on how things look at the time.

dml is comedy gold on here of late. "I've got family in Sheffield who know...." 😄 Stan Butler can't even rescue him if he keeps on like this.
    Do I know you ? Do you know me ? Do you know where I live or who my family are ? Do you know anything at all about me or how I live my life. No to all questions. The things that I do know about you from your own words are that you are an attention seeking, egotistical, prat who isn't a season ticket holder, doesn't go to games, doesn't like any of our players, the manager, owner or staff who works for the club and thinks he knows everything and posts the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read, on a daily basis on this board. You and TLG are welcome to each other. I hope you have a very happy life together as you wander off into the sunset holding hands. Thats if you aren't the same person of course.

Do I know you ? Do you know me ? Do you know where I live or who my family are ? Do you know anything at all about me or how I live my life. No to all questions. The things that I do know about you from your own words are that you are an attention seeking, egotistical, prat who isn't a season ticket holder, doesn't go to games, doesn't like any of our players, the manager, owner or staff who works for the club and thinks he knows everything and posts the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read, on a daily basis on this board. You and TLG are welcome to each other. I hope you have a very happy life together as you wander off into the sunset holding hands. Thats if you aren't the same person of course.
    Even if it was the biggest load of bollocks on here it would need to go some to beat yours dml me old mucka.

Not one long ball played against Sutton, a large loan fee for Madine that nobody else knows of, the club shop selling out almost all of it's stock and family members who have exact information about a bonus payment that the press couldn't even get hold of. And that is just scratching the surface you cretin.

Not success at all.
    We have got into the Premier League twice under Mr Tan, who also repaid himself large sums of money that he was owed on both occasions, if you check the club accounts. As I said we have been top half of the table ever since he was here, got into the play offs and promoted automatically twice, so its not all quite as bad as some people make out. The current financial situation is also at lesst partly due to the pandemic but nearly all Championship clubs are in the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Even if it was the biggest load of bollocks on here it would need to go some to beat yours dml me old mucka.

Not one long ball played against Sutton, a large loan fee for Madine that nobody else knows of, the club shop selling out almost all of it's stock and family members who have exact information about a bonus payment that the press couldn't even get hold of. And that is just scratching the surface you cretin.
    QED.
    PS. How would you know about Sutton - you weren't there and didn't watch it; the shop did sell out of its stock- you posted that; we did get loan fees for Madine, even TLG admitted that.

This has been apparent to me for some time.
    We should have a poll vote on that , and obtain a consensus .

Hhmmm

QED.
    PS. How would you know about Sutton - you weren't there and didn't watch it; the shop did sell out of its stock- you posted that; we did get loan fees for Madine, even TLG admitted that.
    I know about Sutton and we did play long balls as most including me said at the time. The reason for the threadbare shop was not because we had sold so much and hadn't restocked it quickly enough (you are not seriously still running with that? Haha).
    We have no evidence of a loan fee having been paid. There was mention of a bonus and they paid some of the wages as is standard practice. A loan fee is different and you know that it is.

I dare you to find something as bizarre in my posts.

You won't find anything but much outside of my views on games and that I do not believe that Tan and the board that he has chosen are the people to take us forward. All our inadequacies lead here.

A bit better than making things up like your posts above wouldn't you think? Maybe not?

QED….we did get loan fees for Madine, even TLG admitted that.
    I did nothing of the sort. I notice you’ve given the relevant threads a swerve today. What’s up? Cat got your tongue?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

dml in making things up to make himself seem more knowledgeable on club matters than he actually is shocker.

I’m deeply offended, Stockholm. Wounded. Truly.