+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Bennett signs for the mighty Wigan

Re: Joe Bennett signs for the mighty Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    he was playing well when he was injured
    Imagine how amazing he'd be if he was playing when he was fit!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed about accepting losses. Normally a home defeat to Bristol City would leave me totally fuming for days, but I simply accepted it within 5 minutes of the final whistle.
    Why - because I have accepted that this current City side will likely finish around 12th. We are certainly way off top 6.
    We have had a fairly easy start to the season and are currently 9th, however, wait until a dozen games have been completed and you might get a reasonably accurate idea of where we are placed.
    By the way, if we keep introducing young players this season (and finish 12th) I will be happy.
    WE ARE NOT APLAY OFF TEAM
    If we're accepting we're a midtable team isn't this the right time to start changing our style and get away from the boring hoofball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Imagine how amazing he'd be if he was playing when he was fit!
    oh I do love a good grammatical foe par!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    If we're accepting we're a midtable team isn't this the right time to start changing our style and get away from the boring hoofball.
    Agreed, but with this group of players and manager ?
    I did say a long time ago we should have taken a chance on Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    If wages were an issue, how can a League One club afford him?
    May be he took a wage cut to there. May be they have enough players on low wages that they can afford to pay him more.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We seem to be cutting costs. I don't think it's much more comicated, he was offered a deal a while back as well and turned it down didn't he?

Like most at this level had good games and bad, don't really miss him personally. Sometimes it's the right time to move on
    I didn't realise that you know him personally.

In my opinion, Bennett did a good job for us. Probably on good money, but didn't he come for £350,000 or thereabouts?
    He wasn't the best with his back to goal and had a habit of drifting inside with what seemed,no awareness of what was going on around him,when the ball was on the opposite side. Although to balance that up, he was a decent footballer, mostly comfortable in possession, decent touch, and brave. He always put a shift in, even when things weren't going his way.

One other thing i's also say, is that in my opinion, with the way we play, sometimes our fullbacks have quite a hard time. Out midfield rarely kept the ball and Bennett would find himself facing the wrong way when defending, having to keep an eye on the ball, his wide man and anyone else making a late run on his side of the pitch, that must be very difficult for a fullback, as they don't know whether to tuck in, stay wide or challenge the player with the ball. I doubt that there were many other fullbacks in the championship who had to defend in that way so very often, due to the way we set up.

Good Luck Joe, had his faults, but for me, much more good than bad.