+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First full cap for Mark Harris tonight?

First full cap for Mark Harris tonight?

Time was I wouldn’t have got very interested in a Wales game being played under the circumstances that today’s is, but having some City representation in the squad makes a difference. I’ll be surprised if Colwill doesn’t start and there must be a good chance that Harris will get on at some stage.

Re: First full cap for Mark Harris tonight?

What a year it's been for him, looked like his career wasn't really going anywhere and now he's in the Wales squad!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What a year it's been for him, looked like his career wasn't really going anywhere and now he's in the Wales squad!
    Didn’t he go to Newport on loan but Flynn benched him most of the time? I always found that odd. Or did I imagine it? It’s going to be interesting for the WCQ matches. Got my tickets for Estonia. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Didn’t he go to Newport on loan but Flynn benched him most of the time? I always found that odd. Or did I imagine it? It’s going to be interesting for the WCQ matches. Got my tickets for Estonia. Looking forward to it.
    You didn't imagine it. There are 2 stories to his loan spell at County, firstly he suffered a concussion whilst on U21 international duty and couldn't get his place back or he was made the scapegoat as a result of a hefty 6-0 home defeat to Yeovil and featured little after that. Either way he came back. His subsequent loan spell at Port Vale did not go well either with him returning after making only 3 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    You didn't imagine it. There are 2 stories to his loan spell at County, firstly he suffered a concussion whilst on U21 international duty and couldn't get his place back or he was made the scapegoat as a result of a hefty 6-0 home defeat to Yeovil and featured little after that. Either way he came back. His subsequent loan spell at Port Vale did not go well either with him returning after making only 3 starts.
    As I remember Dan James went on loan to Shrewsbury in 2017 and didn't play a single minute. Literally 2 years later United were signing him for 15m quid.

Gotta wonder what some of these managers are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Thanks for confirming that. It’s been quite the rollercoaster for the lad. I’d forgotten about Port Vale. I quite like League 2 football and have been going to L2 matches over the years when Cardiff weren’t playing at home. I’m always guaranteed a seat! I even went through an obsessive stage of trying to see every Welsh player play for their club. Never got to Real Madrid though!

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    As I remember Dan James went on loan to Shrewsbury in 2017 and didn't play a single minute. Literally 2 years later United were signing him for 15m quid.

Gotta wonder what some of these managers are thinking.
    Funny you should say that. I just mentioned trying to watch Welsh players playing for their clubs. A lot of the time I’d get to a match and they’d never play!