+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stewards last Saturday.

Stewards last Saturday.

Haven’t posted about this earlier because I’d put it to the back of my mind but the stewards in the home ends are really starting to annoy me.
    It started at the turnstiles, I was more concerned about sorting out the ticket on my phone and one of them pipes up where’s your mask? ‘Everyone must wear a mask until they get to their seat’. Looking through into the concourse absolutely no one was wearing one. The red mist has already started.
    They were then telling people to sit down literally seconds before the 2 teams came out, what’s the point in that?
    Then somebody’s vape pen was confiscated, are they allowed to do that? Some of them now carry notebooks presumably to write down seat numbers of wrong doers. Some of them also stand in the gangway and block spectators view when they are trying to watch the match.
    Finally near the end Barkley Bluebird was stopped from running past the Bristol fans even though he had been doing it all through the match and getting abuse for his troubles.
    I really think they are over the top at the moment and the Covid saga seems to have given them even more power.
    At the end of the day do you suppose they are just doing what the club tells them and I’m being over sensitive?

Re: Stewards last Saturday.

I found pub staff were like this when they reopened with social distancing. They seemed borderline rude and loving the power. Now things are back to normal they’re back behind the bar doing as they’re told 😂

Have always found the stewards in the Canton stand decent and have had good craic with them over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I found pub staff were like this when they reopened with social distancing. They seemed borderline rude and loving the power. Now things are back to normal they’re back behind the bar doing as they’re told 😂
    The one I found most amusing was the fella who collects the trollies at Tesco getting all high and mighty and dictating to people during the pandemic on entry rules to the supermarket. I try to be patient with idiots but for some reason I found a bloke who mostly played with soft toys and did gardening in school telling people which way to walk around a supermarket irksome.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    The one I found most amusing was the fella who collects the trollies at Tesco getting all high and mighty and dictating to people during the pandemic on entry rules to the supermarket. I try to be patient with idiots but for some reason I found a bloke who mostly played with soft toys and did gardening in school telling people which way to walk around a supermarket irksome.
    Is that Tesco Maesteg by any chance?

The woman who looks like a crackhead in front of canton, directly behind the goals is a complete and utter jobsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Have always found the stewards in the Canton stand decent and have had good craic with them over the years.
    Obviously more lenient than the Ninian Stand.

Covid has given the power and decision making back to the real people

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled of Llanishen View Post
    Haven’t posted about this earlier because I’d put it to the back of my mind but the stewards in the home ends are really starting to annoy me.
    It started at the turnstiles, I was more concerned about sorting out the ticket on my phone and one of them pipes up where’s your mask? ‘Everyone must wear a mask until they get to their seat’. Looking through into the concourse absolutely no one was wearing one. The red mist has already started.
    They were then telling people to sit down literally seconds before the 2 teams came out, what’s the point in that?
    Then somebody’s vape pen was confiscated, are they allowed to do that? Some of them now carry notebooks presumably to write down seat numbers of wrong doers. Some of them also stand in the gangway and block spectators view when they are trying to watch the match.
    Finally near the end Barkley Bluebird was stopped from running past the Bristol fans even though he had been doing it all through the match and getting abuse for his troubles.
    I really think they are over the top at the moment and the Covid saga seems to have given them even more power.
    At the end of the day do you suppose they are just doing what the club tells them and I’m being over sensitive?
    Wearing a mask when you enter the ground and under the stands is a ground regulation, so the stewards are doing the right thing in trying to enforce it. Unfortunately most people choose to ignore this when they get inside because they are inconsiderate. This is not the stewards problem and it is a nightmare to ‘police’. Also the ground is fully no smoking and this includes vapes as from this year. So they are within their rights to enforce this and confiscate, Presumably they felt that the bird could incite problems, so advised him to stop. He is bloody annoying when he dances up and down the isles blocking the view of the game but I suppose the kids like him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Wearing a mask when you enter the ground and under the stands is a ground regulation, so the stewards are doing the right thing in trying to enforce it. Unfortunately most people choose to ignore this when they get inside because they are inconsiderate. This is not the stewards problem and it is a nightmare to ‘police’. Also the ground is fully no smoking and this includes vapes as from this year. So they are within their rights to enforce this and confiscate, Presumably they felt that the bird could incite problems, so advised him to stop. He is bloody annoying when he dances up and down the isles blocking the view of the game but I suppose the kids like him.
    He’s nothing but a big ‘ed

Sounds like the ‘heavy handed’ stewards were doing all they can to prevent anti social behaviour and enforce safety requirements.

Don't think I've ever had problems with them where I am in the ninian.

Most have been helpful when needed, almost invisible when not.

Yea they do now and then shout out at the turnstiles for masks, I'm sure they do so as that's what they have been asked to do as opposed to any desire for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Sounds like the ‘heavy handed’ stewards were doing all they can to prevent anti social behaviour and enforce safety requirements.
    There'll be another post in a few weeks criticising the stewards doing naff all

It's not the stewards fault the rules are quite stupid

Our regular steward in the grandstand is excellent, bit of a craic with us regulars and very helpful with newcomers who aren’t sure of their aisle & seats etc.

There was a steward top of the canton block 103. Stood right in front of a young boy and his father. His father asked him could he move and he insisted he had to stand there. Literally right in front of the guy. He tapped him on the arm to say come and mate etc and the steward tumbled down one step in such theatrical fashion I can only assume he was RADA trained.

I did notice the bloke outside the Family Stand asked me to put my mask on as I 'walked through the turnstiles'. Bit odd, but I was happy to comply.

There's an army of people outside the turnstiles now. Whatever else has happened, there are more people working the turnstiles now than ever, and thats with the cost of electronic tickets etc added in.

Generally thinking I think City have pretty good stewards, although I wish they would allow an atmosphere to develop in the Ninian Stand near the away fans a bit more.

Canton ones are mostly alright, although I have to bite my tongue when you show one your ticket as you enter the bowl, then another one 5 steps up, then sometimes another one another 10 steps up from them

Why are they all called steward

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Canton ones are mostly alright, although I have to bite my tongue when you show one your ticket as you enter the bowl, then another one 5 steps up, then sometimes another one another 10 steps up from them
    That used to irritate me. Then 5 minutes before kick off they'd disappear and anyone who wanted to go in the Canton could do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I did notice the bloke outside the Family Stand asked me to put my mask on as I 'walked through the turnstiles'. Bit odd, but I was happy to comply.

There's an army of people outside the turnstiles now. Whatever else has happened, there are more people working the turnstiles now than ever, and thats with the cost of electronic tickets etc added in.

Generally thinking I think City have pretty good stewards, although I wish they would allow an atmosphere to develop in the Ninian Stand near the away fans a bit more.
    Redirected ticket office staff

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Only an idiot would disrespect their local bar staff.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Only an idiot would disrespect their local bar staff.

Only idiotic bar staff would disrespect their customers

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Only idiotic bar staff would disrespect their customers
    I'm not sure how them doing their job by the new guidelines would be disrespectful.

Obviously doesn't matter now as pubs are back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not sure how them doing their job by the new guidelines would be disrespectful.

Obviously doesn't matter now as pubs are back to normal.
    For now ..the Coronavirus legislation has just been extended for another 6 months and things are far from normal really with what’s planned

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    For now ..the Coronavirus legislation has just been extended for another 6 months and things are far from normal really with what’s planned
    But as it stands they are back to normal which was my point that's all.

I'm not into speculation. I've no idea what's coming or jot coming in the future.