+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Agents

Re: Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they have links to a club in Holland, so I guess he may end up there.
    he'll be on a ridiculous wage and not good enough for anyone who can afford it.
    a waste but I'd struggle to feel sorry for him when his main problem is he has too much money
    He's in a great position to be fair, can pick up fantastic money in the reserves and if he really wanted to play could take a cut in his salary from the Chelsea inflation.

I can't blame him whatever he chooses, no real right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He's in a great position to be fair, can pick up fantastic money in the reserves and if he really wanted to play could take a cut in his salary from the Chelsea inflation.

I can't blame him whatever he chooses, no real right or wrong.
    yes, I would be delighted to have that problem

I always though Basic could do a job for us. but , like all the the others on that list, would be too expensive in earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I always though Basic could do a job for us. but , like all the the others on that list, would be too expensive in earnings.
    if they don't get any other offers soon they may start to re-evaluate their rates

https://www.transfermarkt.com/detail...suche/30243716

Rodrigo Ely sounds like a proper Cardiff lad.

Nabil Bentaleb is a name I recognize but not sure where
    Rumney?

then there's players like Ross Barkley at Chelsea, who is still in contract, but doesn't even have a squad number
    Wow. I missed that one. That's incredible. We're they trying to offload him during the last window? The size of Chelsea's player personnel is ridiculous.

Given our current complete lack of wide players - interesting to see that HRK, Josh Sims and Jordon Ibe are still without a club. All three would certainly improve on what we have and give us some options.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Given our current complete lack of wide players - interesting to see that HRK, Josh Sims and Jordon Ibe are still without a club. All three would certainly improve on what we have and give us some options.
    will they improve us? almost certainly. are we going to get promoted with them.
    no chance. so what's the point in spending the wages in someone else to block youth progression

will they improve us? almost certainly. are we going to get promoted with them.
    no chance. so what's the point in spending the wages in someone else to block youth progression
    I would agree with you if we had some young wingers knocking on the first team door but it's the one area we're light on in both experience and youth.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I would agree with you if we had some young wingers knocking on the first team door but it's the one area we're light on in both experience and youth.
    the usual way of playing our formation doesn't really need wingers other than the wingbacks.
    the intent in the attacking third is to have one player generally operating in each of the 5 channels across the pitch. so something like
    wingback inside-left centre-forward inside-right wingback
    I think the trouble is our attacks are usually snuffed out before the wingbacks can get up in support.
    we play a specific Mick McCarthy version of this formation though, so God knows how to make that work

What you’re all missing is: are there any centre-backs available? I hear that Mick is looking to sign another 5 and would swap anyone who’s not a CB, except Bacuna & Collins for them!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What you’re all missing is: are there any centre-backs available? I hear that Mick is looking to sign another 5 and would swap anyone who’s not a CB, except Bacuna & Collins for them!
    there are plenty, most of them are the wrong side of 30 though

there are plenty, most of them are the wrong side of 30 though
    You mean under 30?