+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Rees - Mogg updating the media on another wicket fallen on the Downing Street doorstep today....i hate English cricket well done India lots of partying in the streets of southall tonight.

Re: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Rees - Mogg updating the media on another wicket fallen on the Downing Street doorstep today....i hate English cricket well done India lots of partying in the streets of southall tonight.
    It must have been the mention of Rees-Mogg that did it, but this post put me in mind of Norman Tebbitt's bonkers "cricket test".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_test

According to Tebbitt, those Indian fans should have been mourning England's defeat rather than celebrating their teams win. As if Tebbitt would have supported India in a series against England if he had been appointed UK Ambassador to that country upon his retirement from politics and had been doing the job for, say, ten years.

If I'd had to move to Belgium because of my work and settled there for the rest of my life, Tebbitt would have it that I should have been supporting Belgium when they faced Wales in 2016 - there would have been absolutely no chance of that happening!